Don’t think their goal was offside

Handbags at the end really, looked more exciting at the time

Great strength by Uche

Terrible game

Bluebirds

Re: Barnsley 0-1 Cardiff City Highlights

Love a tunnel incident

I didn't see the whole game and didn't see the goal until after the game. The goal was fantastic, strength and skill. The game though, Jesus what a difference from the weekend. Dreadful. We have to re-sign Ralls. He was the glue that held the team together on Sunday. And we missed him badly today. Drameh continued to loo good from what I saw.

I should add: I saw their goal and it looked fine to me. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Love a tunnel incident
    "Tunnel Of Love"

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I should add: I saw their goal and it looked fine to me. Oh well.
    Five Barnsley players....all offside. Is how history will recall it. Total confusion over what happened in the away end. Sometimes you have to ride your luck even if we didn't deserve the 3 points. Drameh's best play is when he cuts in on the diagonal. He was too often out-muscled. Liverpool will be a day out and, based on last night, we will get heavily stuffed. Peterborough is going to be a huge game.

That's the first time I've seen a replay as they don't have them on the red button service. The Barnsley lad wasn't even close to being offside. Two free points there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's the first time I've seen a replay as they don't have them on the red button service. The Barnsley lad wasn't even close to being offside. Two free points there.
    The guy who stuck it in was obviously on side...i think it's the no.14 who was flagged the 'phase' before, either offside, a foul on NG, or a foul on Smithies....take your pick !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The guy who stuck it in was obviously on side...i think it's the no.14 who was flagged the 'phase' before, either offside, a foul on NG, or a foul on Smithies....take your pick !:
    I took my pick as soon as I saw the replay. It was an error by the linesman. But that’s fine - some you win (as in this case), some you lose (as was the case at West Brom).

Personally, I can’t stand VAR and everything that goes with it. I’m much more comfortable with officials making mistakes in real time rather than making mistakes after watching 23 replays.

One definite advantage the Championship has over the Premier League is the lack of VAR. It’s just a shame the standard of football in the second tier is so grim this season.

I took my pick as soon as I saw the replay. It was an error by the linesman. But that’s fine - some you win (as in this case), some you lose (as was the case at West Brom).

Personally, I can’t stand VAR and everything that goes with it. I’m much more comfortable with officials making mistakes in real time rather than making mistakes after watching 23 replays.

One definite advantage the Championship has over the Premier League is the lack of VAR. It’s just a shame the standard of football in the second tier is so grim this season.
    Bang on. I haven't seen the call from a better angle, but iagree with you, that's football for you. I notice that those on here who slaughter the ref when decisions go against us haven't said a thing.

I didn't see the whole game and didn't see the goal until after the game. The goal was fantastic, strength and skill. The game though, Jesus what a difference from the weekend. Dreadful. We have to re-sign Ralls. He was the glue that held the team together on Sunday. And we missed him badly today. Drameh continued to loo good from what I saw.
    Agree about Ralls as, although they were two very different sets of opposition Sunday and Wednesday, Vaulk's inclusion instead of him stood out like a mile.

Our midfield got away with one last night.

The offside flag went up really early for their 'goal', I think it was in the build up to the goal when their player was offside, and not the guy who stuck it in the net? Most of us cheered when it went in as we'd seen the flag.

Barnsley were fighting for their Championship lives, and with a couple of new signings, tried their hearts out, I think we did well to stop them, especially without Ralls and (for most of the game) Morrisson.

My one concern is at set pieces where we appear weak now, without a 3rd CB and Kiefer having gone, we have NG marking at corners and FK's, which is not ideal. Thankfully Flint didn't leave for Sunderland, we needed him when Mozza got hurt on Wednesday.

I'll take the 3 points and pass on the highlights

Ralls certainly looks better with his new partners in the middle doesn't he.

Drawer and Doughty have made mi or mistakes in the games I've seen, but I'm really happy it's not been picked up on and they've been allowed to get on with it, it'll help them in the long run, same as if we play our kids, they need to be abke to make mistakes, doesn't put them above criticism, but they need more space than the more seasoned pro's.

Make up for the few we lost when similar happened to us a few games back..West brom was it?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Make up for the few we lost when similar happened to us a few games back..West brom was it?
    Yes....2 West Brom miles offside and the lino didn't give it.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Yes....2 West Brom miles offside and the lino didn't give it.
    Don’t believe it when it goes against you but this is a sort of ‘it evens itself up over a season’ thing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t believe it when it goes against you but this is a sort of ‘it evens itself up over a season’ thing.
    there aren't enough games over a season to expect that random chance events like this get evened out.
    I think someone estimated it to be +/- 15 points over an entire 46 game season, which is a big difference for most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The guy who stuck it in was obviously on side...i think it's the no.14 who was flagged the 'phase' before, either offside, a foul on NG, or a foul on Smithies....take your pick !
    Barnsley's "goal" celebrations were epic. Most enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Barnsley's "goal" celebrations were epic. Most enjoyable.
    It was....both ends were celebrating simultaneously !

That doesn't explain the early flag ? I'd like to know what he did flag for. Anyway, great celebration from their guy ! :))

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bang on. I haven't seen the call from a better angle, but iagree with you, that's football for you. I notice that those on here who slaughter the ref when decisions go against us haven't said a thing.
    That ****ing ref disallowed a ****ing onside goal and we got 3 ****ing points instead of ****ig 1.

****ing refs ****ing shit.

Don't really see it working out pal..