+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Liverpool?

Team for Liverpool?

I've been thinking about the game on Saturday and I've tried to pick an eleven, excluding the players we might need for Peterborough. I'm struggling to come up with 11 players. Who would you pick?

Phillips
    ? Nelson Pack ?
    ? Bacuna Vaulks ?
    Collins Uche Harris

I think that we'll need Uche, but I've put him in to give him some game time.

Re: Team for Liverpool?

Ikpeazu is cup-tied.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    I've been thinking about the game on Saturday and I've tried to pick an eleven, excluding the players we might need for Peterborough. I'm struggling to come up with 11 players. Who would you pick?

Phillips
    ? Nelson Pack ?
    ? Bacuna Vaulks ?
    Collins Uche Harris

I think that we'll need Uche, but I've put him in to give him some game time.
    they might stand a better chance on sunday

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    they might stand a better chance on sunday
    Probably about the same I reckon.

Smithies
    NG McGuiness Flint Nelson Bagan
    Doyle Vaulks Wintle
    Davies
    Hugill

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Smithies
    NG McGuiness Flint Nelson Bagan
    Doyle Vaulks Wintle
    Davies
    Hugill
    Phillips
    Ng
    Flint
    Nelson
    Bagan
    Bacuna
    Vaulks
    Pack
    Colwill
    Harris
    Collins

Phillips

Ng Flint Nelson

Semenyo Doyle Wintle Bagan

Colwill

Harris Collins

Give Ng more game time in the back 3

See someone has included Bacuna, I think it’ll be fair to conclude that he’s been frozen out by City if he doesn’t make the squad on Sunday and that he may have played his last game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Phillips

Ng Flint Nelson

Colwill

Harris Collins

Semenyo was taken off at half time on Tuesday and so he may be injured - if he wasn’t, was his substitution down to him playing crap (he wasn’t great against the wurzels, but I didn’t think he was a stand out candidate to be taken off) or because he was going to be in the party for Liverpool? Same applies to Bowen who was substituted some time between half time and the seventy minute mark on Tuesday.

Phillips

Ng Nelson Pack

Semenyo Bowen Bacuna Colwill Bagan

Davies Harris

Never want us to lose though this team all but certainly would, but this game simply doesn't matter. Protect as many of the players we absolutely need to be fit next wednesday.

Morison has said he's going to play the younger lads who have kept us out the bottom 3, that haven't played as much recently. That's a paraphrase but that's basically what he said.

I'd be amazed if Colwill, Bagan, Harris etc don't all start. God knows what the back 5 will be, if it even is a back 5.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    See someone has included Bacuna, I think it’ll be fair to conclude that he’s been frozen out by City if he doesn’t make the squad on Sunday and that he may have played his last game for us.
    If he isn't, the red card coinciding with the leak/reveal about his contract status would certainly point to that.

Winning the 3 points last night and doing the same next Wednesday evening are far more important
    There are a list of players I'd rather not see in a City shirt again, however if the manager can convince the likes of Bacuna Pack Vaulks etc that there putting themselves effectively in the shop window
    I'd rather they played along with Collins, Harris and Nelson, add a bit of youth with Colwill, Bowen and Davies to gain experience and were almost there.

While I obviously want us to win , being realistic Championship survival is more important to us this season

Can't we just stay home and forfeit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was thinking exactly that as there is nothing to be gained from this game. Why risk potential injuries at this critical stage of the season. Don't know how it could be done legally though?

This is going to be a cricket score which won't do our youngsters very much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This is going to be a cricket score which won't do our youngsters very much good.
    We’ll be playing Liverpool’s U23’s as they’ve got much more important games coming up. Shrewsbury only lost by 3 in the last round. Look at Cambridge beating Newcastle and Kidderminster beating Reading. There have been and will be more shocking results than if we manage to sneak a win at Anfield.

Always frustrates me to see these type of comments. Get the strongest side out, take it to them and see if we can pull off an upset. Any player worth their salt should be knocking on Morisons door and telling him 'don't even f@cking think about resting me '

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Probably about the same I reckon.
    Ha.

Liverpool are missing Mane and Salah . Whilst we almost have a full squad to choose from. Won our last two.......

Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Balls to that, I’ve just packed my case............did NOT pack my boots, pads & tie ups though, I’m cocking a deaf ‘un if my ‘phone goes off early on Sunday morning.

I'm definitely not setting the alarm for this one. I hope we throw caution to the wind and let the players have a good time. No matter what happens, it will be a learning experience. I just hope they can keep their heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Phillips

Ng Flint Nelson

Colwill

Harris Collins

He's hinted at youth being used (obvious why but let's just take it I guess)

I think this could be about right although, I know Collins needs a game I thi know I'd rather see us start Davies so he gets a good run out, I can't see him starting against Pboro so give him an hour here Collins has played more sp half hour for him is fine..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just got cramp in my whole body crossing my fingers, toes, arms, legs and my eyes praying he actually IS frozen out.

Good luck anywhere else, but I don't want him at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm definitely not setting the alarm for this one. I hope we throw caution to the wind and let the players have a good time. No matter what happens, it will be a learning experience. I just hope they can keep their heads up.
    I won't be planning my day around watching the game, I'll see how it kicks off and what the team.is like but if it's nice and the game isn't great I'll be heading out!