+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60242432

Millions of people will pay an extra £693 a year on their energy bills from April, a rise of 54%, Ofgem has said.

Re: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

It feels like I’m wishing my life away, but I’m really glad I’m 66 in two days time and I’ll have the state pension to help me out, because I don’t know how I would have coped otherwise.

UK interest rates up to 0.5%.

What's the best thing to do? Try and get on a fixed deal now? Think my current one runs up until July.

rishi to the rescue in england what about wales ? over to you drakeford !

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...33#source=push

meanwhile the bank of england predicts inflation to peak at 7.25% in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It feels like I’m wishing my life away, but I’m really glad I’m 66 in two days time and I’ll have the state pension to help me out, because I don’t know how I would have coped otherwise.
    Imagine if you were also being whacked by the National Insurance increase in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    What's the best thing to do? Try and get on a fixed deal now? Think my current one runs up until July.
    just before christmas Martin lewis was saying to wait it out, as you have missed the better find rate deals, and any fixed rate now will have included any increase and a little more

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just before christmas Martin lewis was saying to wait it out, as you have missed the better find rate deals, and any fixed rate now will have included any increase and a little more
    Yes, his usual advice is to look around for the best deal you can get, but that’s all changed now and he’s saying everyone should stay where they are for now.

I'm still working at home and it's costing me a fortune to stay warm. Can't wait to get back to the office to use their heating instead.
    As for interest rates, my mortgage company sent me a letter last month to say my mortgage is going up by 13p a month. The letter cost more 🙄

Dont worry we will see the benefits of Brexit soon and be far better off.😂😂

The well meaning green levy on bills has not helped and been there for a very long time .

Ed of the Milliband is the reason bills shooting through the roof its a hidden subsidies each household pays every year , adds £132 to the average bill and yes ad precited will almost double by 2020

There were laods of warinings about this Govermnent to sacred to act as the green and oppostion lobby will accuse them of going back on the claimste deal .

Another area the subsidy funds things like wind power and when we don't have winds we need something else to fill the demand so it becomes infective subsidy in those times , it pushes us back to other solutions the green lobby don't wanted .

Happy days for the poor as the elite greens can afford it .

Like party gate if I was Boris id put tow fingers up and suspend the bloody thinbg in these difficula times .

In terms of Brexit and its benefits there are things we could do , however tis not causing the world inflation were all in in this .

By the way USA is predicting 7% inflation and there not part of Brexit ,

Germany see's (5% vs 6%) energy cost continued soar too (20.5% vs 18.3%). The inflation is expected to remain high however, due to pandemic effects, namely delivery bottlenecks, significant price increases at upstream stage and well elevated energy.

Need a war

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The well meaning green levy on bills has not helped and been there for a very long time .

Ed of the Milliband is the reason bills shooting through the roof its a hidden subsidies each household pays every year , adds £132 to the average bill and yes ad precited will almost double by 2020

There were laods of warinings about this Govermnent to sacred to act as the green and oppostion lobby will accuse them of going back on the claimste deal .

Another area the subsidy funds things like wind power and when we don't have winds we need something else to fill the demand so it becomes infective subsidy in those times , it pushes us back to other solutions the green lobby don't wanted .

Happy days for the poor as the elite greens can afford it .

Like party gate if I was Boris id put tow fingers up and suspend the bloody thinbg in these difficula times .

In terms of Brexit and its benefits there are things we could do , however tis not causing the world inflation were all in in this .

By the way USA is predicting 7% inflation and there not part of Brexit ,

Germany see's (5% vs 6%) energy cost continued soar too (20.5% vs 18.3%). The inflation is expected to remain high however, due to pandemic effects, namely delivery bottlenecks, significant price increases at upstream stage and well elevated energy.

Need a war
    I wish I could insulate my house with the shit you talk

Seems a little harsh Delmbox. Most of that is true. Green levies indisputably add to costs. It's whether we think that's the right thing to do or not, and it's clearly not the biggest inpact, but it's also one we can control.

Seems a reasonable thing to mention. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Often, his posts look like a Scrabble board that has had the letters just dropped on top of it.

"There were laods of warinings about this Govermnent to sacred to act as the green and oppostion lobby will accuse them of going back on the claimste deal ."

Work that one out.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Seems a little harsh Delmbox. Most of that is true. Green levies indisputably add to costs. It's whether we think that's the right thing to do or not, and it's clearly not the biggest inpact, but it's also one we can control.

Seems a reasonable thing to mention. ��
    Ed of the Milliband is the reason bills shooting through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Often, his posts look like a Scrabble board that has had the letters just dropped on top of it.

"There were laods of warinings about this Govermnent to sacred to act as the green and oppostion lobby will accuse them of going back on the claimste deal ."

Work that one out.....
    Plaiinne Enjgleej too me.

Yeah well that bit isn't true, but as stated, green levies exist, and it's one of the relatively few parts of the bill the UK govt could directly control.

I just said you were being a little harsh...not very harsh

Waffle and daub.

Surely the gas prices rise will stabilise sometime in the next year or so, I imagine a lot of people will find the extra £600 along with food price rises etc making life a bit more difficult. Isn’t this one of Putins games he’s playing with the west? Hiking up his gas prices? Why are we reliant on the Russians for gas anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Go to Martin Lewis’s site for advice on this.

Those bloody EU Countries looking after their citizens https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-energy-bills

fact

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Work that one out.....
    try

try
    Is the levy playing a part

Is the levy playing a part
    Yes