Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Re: Energy bills to rise by 54% a year for millions

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes
    ta

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Those bloody EU Countries looking after their citizens https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-energy-bills
    Sadly EDF supplies electricity / gas to UK they maybe the biggest ,I'm sure they will find a way to recover the windfall tax through price increase to the consumer including us and France knows that .

I think Life on Mars is Boris Johnson. The similarities are all there. Five minutes of gobbledygook, the interview is over, nobody has a clue what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think Life on Mars is Boris Johnson. The similarities are all there. Five minutes of gobbledygook, the interview is over, nobody has a clue what was said.
    Or you dont want consider the green levy on consumers bills is hurting ???

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah well that bit isn't true, but as stated, green levies exist, and it's one of the relatively few parts of the bill the UK govt could directly control.

I just said you were being a little harsh...not very harsh
    Our hero pinning all this on a levy introduced by a Labour government in 2002 conveniently glosses over the fact that more recently the index linking with inflation was broken and the rates have doubled in the last 4 years.

When the National Insurance rise kicks in he will probably pin it on Lloyd George.

What happened to Bunters promise that we would all have cheaper gas after Brexit

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/03/black...-air-16041454/

More lies.

Oh and this £200 energy rebate is actually a loan which will put bills up an extra £40 every year. It’s bad enough bribing voters with their own money, but lending people money and pretending it’s a grant anyone fooled by this

If these energy price rises can't convince the tories that renewables are the way forward we'll be stuck on gas and oil forever and forever at the whim of the countries that produce it.

****ing hell reading some of the posts on here is a waste of life.

LoM you are thick as ****. Any one who thinks this is caused by green lobbying is also thick as **** and past help.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If these energy price rises can't convince the tories that renewables are the way forward we'll be stuck on gas and oil forever and forever at the whim of the countries that produce it.
    We need to become self-sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    We need total home-grown energy security in the UK. Maybe these huge rises in energy prices will be the stimulus required to get every one of us to look at energy saving measures so that the overall demand will come down, with consequently less and less reliance on gas in the first place. Also we need more investment in green technology - necessity being the mother of invention and all that....

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Waffle and daub.
    😂😂😂

The well meaning green levy on bills has not helped and been there for a very long time .

Ed of the Milliband is the reason bills shooting through the roof its a hidden subsidies each household pays every year , adds £132 to the average bill and yes ad precited will almost double by 2020

There were laods of warinings about this Govermnent to sacred to act as the green and oppostion lobby will accuse them of going back on the claimste deal .

Another area the subsidy funds things like wind power and when we don't have winds we need something else to fill the demand so it becomes infective subsidy in those times , it pushes us back to other solutions the green lobby don't wanted .

Happy days for the poor as the elite greens can afford it .

Like party gate if I was Boris id put tow fingers up and suspend the bloody thinbg in these difficula times .

In terms of Brexit and its benefits there are things we could do , however tis not causing the world inflation were all in in this .

By the way USA is predicting 7% inflation and there not part of Brexit ,

Germany see's (5% vs 6%) energy cost continued soar too (20.5% vs 18.3%). The inflation is expected to remain high however, due to pandemic effects, namely delivery bottlenecks, significant price increases at upstream stage and well elevated energy.

Need a war
    always look on the bright side of life ......

Gas from Russia.Cable for Electricity running from France to the UK.Brexit my arse.
    The Tories privatisation of gas and electricity is going well.Talk about the chickens coming home to roost...
    I beleive the Germans capped there mines we flooded ours.
    Theres no deals out there.The cheapest tariff is the price cap.90% of the Country run there houses on gas central heating.By the way the price cap will go up again in October this year and next April.Sunaks loan and 150 quid is pissing in the wind.
    The 1980s have returned.When I bought my house I paid 45k on a 13% mortgage.Now some people have 200k mortgages.Its going to get grim,

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Gas from Russia.Cable for Electricity running from France to the UK.Brexit my arse.
    The Tories privatisation of gas and electricity is going well.Talk about the chickens coming home to roost...
    I beleive the Germans capped there mines we flooded ours.
    Theres no deals out there.The cheapest tariff is the price cap.90% of the Country run there houses on gas central heating.By the way the price cap will go up again in October this year and next April.Sunaks loan and 150 quid is pissing in the wind.
    The 1980s have returned.When I bought my house I paid 45k on a 13% mortgage.Now some people have 200k mortgages.Its going to get grim,
    And just to cheer us up. The price cap isn't actually a price cap. It's based on what an average household would use. So if you use more you pay more. But on the other hand if your like my son. He walks around in his boxers, all day even in the freezing cold. No his gas bill zero

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    We need total home-grown energy security in the UK. Maybe these huge rises in energy prices will be the stimulus required to get every one of us to look at energy saving measures so that the overall demand will come down, with consequently less and less reliance on gas in the first place. Also we need more investment in green technology - necessity being the mother of invention and all that....
    A barrage from cardiff to Bristol with a highway linking the two cities is the way to go….enough power for us all in both sides of the Severn I believe….think it’s 12 miles from the Bay over….

Billionaire Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, advised struggling families to take out credit to pay for their energy bills.

BP celebrated a staggering $20 BILLION profit, ensuring massive dividends for their shareholders, including many Tory MP's and Peers.

Johnson in 2016 "BREXIT will guarantee lower fuel prices"

Meanwhile, in Parliament, Johnson makes a snide remark about Starmer for not prosecuting Savile, despite Savile being the darling of the conservatives, a campaigner for the conservatives, appointed to oversee a hospital by the conservatives (where he was abusing children and corpses), knighted due to the conservatives and even after his death defended by some conservatives - Norman Tebbit.

Happy Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Billionaire Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, advised struggling families to take out credit to pay for their energy bills.

BP celebrated a staggering $20 BILLION profit, ensuring massive dividends for their shareholders, including many Tory MP's and Peers.

Johnson in 2016 "BREXIT will guarantee lower fuel prices"

Meanwhile, in Parliament, Johnson makes a snide remark about Starmer for not prosecuting Savile, despite Savile being the darling of the conservatives, a campaigner for the conservatives, appointed to oversee a hospital by the conservatives (where he was abusing children and corpses), knighted due to the conservatives and even after his death defended by some conservatives - Norman Tebbit.

Happy Friday.
    Some excellent points there AB. Maggie Thatcher adored him; they were bosom buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Some excellent points there AB. Maggie Thatcher adored him; they were bosom buddies.
    Thanks Dorcus... just trying to lighten the mood for a Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Spent Christmases together…..very cosy…..three heads in a bed with the queen’s second son perhaps.

I've sobered up now, my spell check is back working, my typing hand /fist is no longer swollen .

We could be self efficient if we didn't restrain ourselves so much now , yes renewables are the answer in the long term, surely it’s about the timing and how we get there .

The green levy is being paid and hurting consumer especially now as world prices go up driven by foreign governments decisions and our lack of self efficiency..

Yes the climate act change in 2008 affected us all sadly its not delivered the benefits quick enough by suspending it we buy some time for the needy .

We actual don't need to import energy we could use our reserves just to get over the next few years we sit on hundreds of years’ worth of coal / oil

We buy in trillions of tonnes of coal to burn whilst we are sat on it

We import Electricity even though we have wind / solar farms, sadly when there is little wind or sun we run low .

USA is now self-efficient by using shale , which we temporary could exploit , the USA kilowatt power is half that of UK .

Why are we not building Nuclear Power stations ?? Hopefully the Roll Royce builds will come on line soon

I've sobered up now, my spell check is back working, my typing hand /fist is no longer swollen .

We could be self efficient if we didn't restrain ourselves so much now , yes renewables are the answer in the long term, surely it’s about the timing and how we get there .

The green levy is being paid and hurting consumer especially now as world prices go up driven by foreign governments decisions and our lack of self efficiency..

Yes the climate act change in 2008 affected us all sadly its not delivered the benefits quick enough by suspending it we buy some time for the needy .

We actual don't need to import energy we could use our reserves just to get over the next few years we sit on hundreds of years’ worth of coal / oil

We import Electricity even though we have wind / solar farms, sadly when there is little wind or sun we run low .

USA is now self-efficient by using shale , which we temporary could exploit , the USA kilowatt power is half that of UK .

Why are we not building Nuclear Power stations ?? Hopefully the Roll Royce builds will come on line soon
    The wholesale price for gas and electricity has doubled under the new energy cap leading to windfall profits for the extraction and generating companies. Compensating energy suppliers for taking on customers from failed suppliers caught out by those rises has added around £70 to the tariff.

The green levy, which is applied to energy companies and rebated if they use renewables raised £2 billion per annum. Under the new cap energy companies have been allowed to increase their profits by 60% from £23 to £37 per tariff. The extra VAT raised on the higher prices results in an extra £2 billion into treasury coffers.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ects-your-bill

Still, Ed Milliband and the green levy, foreign governments and lack of "self efficiency" eh. Glad you have sobered up.

Im going out on a limb here

all of the above is the Tories fault, mostly Boris but past tories should also be blamed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im going out on a limb here

all of the above is the Tories fault, mostly Boris but past tories should also be blamed
    You were probably being ironic given that LoM tried to pin it all on a Labour Government levy introduced in 2002 in his opening post.

Brexit Britain is looking such a brilliant place. Cant even get my blue passport for a couple of years.