+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky TV coverage last night?

Sky TV coverage last night?

I watched the game last night on the NOW TV app on a Samsung Smart TV and frankly the coverage was awful. Not only was there only one camera but the crowd noise on the commentary b1oody irritating.

Later on I watched the Sky highlights (not sure that's the correct word) and it was completely different camera work with multiple cameras, action close ups and decent commentary.

Anyone know what's going on? Why was the game coverage on the 'Red Button' stream so crap?

Why didn't the live stream give a better representation?

B1oody Sky!

Re: Sky TV coverage last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I watched the game last night on the NOW TV app on a Samsung Smart TV and frankly the coverage was awful. Not only was there only one camera but the crowd noise on the commentary b1oody irritating.

Later on I watched the Sky highlights (not sure that's the correct word) and it was completely different camera work with multiple cameras, action close ups and decent commentary.

Anyone know what's going on? Why was the game coverage on the 'Red Button' stream so crap?

Why didn't the live stream give a better representation?

B1oody Sky!
    I think it may be that iFollow which belongs I believe to the EFL have the rights and Sky only has the single camera at games. So EFL sell the game for £10 and then Sky gets the highlights later.

I could be absolutely wrong though

Just checked and apparently for home League games, the Club receives 70% of the subscription fee with the rest going to pay for the service.

I've only recently resubscribed but was shocked at how poor the service is. It makes the club TV seem like world class broadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I think it may be that iFollow which belongs I believe to the EFL have the rights and Sky only has the single camera at games. So EFL sell the game for £10 and then Sky gets the highlights later.

I could be absolutely wrong though
    You're spot on. I found this old article https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...plays-ifollow/

This explains everything and also why the Sky Red Button stream is crap!

Strange, I thought that the Club TV simply paid for a feed from the Sky cameras, and therefore the coverage would be exactly the same. I'm surprised to find that it's not. Club TV was pretty good last night, though the sound in the first half was a bit wooly.

Concentrated more on the scuffle at the end ,than the game itself. Sky sensationalism at its best.

I watched the game at Coventry on Sky's red button or at least I think I did, it was hard to tell what I was watching most of the time.

The single camera can be a bit annoying. At the end the cameraman started to turn to the tunnel but quickly went back to centre, probably someone in his ear.

I watched the game on a stream and thought the TV coverage was good - and certainly not feed from one camera. It included several close-ups.

Going slightly off subject, I often walk around some of the perimeter of CCS before a game, taking in the sights - including the area where the vehicles which are TV hubs are parked. I remember being amazed before that first Premiership game with Man City how the car park was packed with TV vehicles and their paraphernalia - there must have been upwards of thirty units there. It is a sad reflection of how far City have fallen in the football pecking order that now there are but a handful of vans there.