+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That awful Swansea paedophile song again.

That awful Swansea paedophile song again.

So sad and embarrassing to hear it being sung at Anfield today 🤦*♂️

Re: That awful Swansea paedophile song again.

Sam Matterface said the fans are in good voice and it was a great rendition of the song.

I enjoyed "you're just a shit Sol Bamba" at Van Dijk, although it probably says a lot about our current central defenders that our fans are singing about a Middlesborough player

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I enjoyed "you're just a shit Sol Bamba" at Van Dijk, although it probably says a lot about our current central defenders that our fans are singing about a Middlesborough player
    "Sacked in the morning" to Klopp

I can't imagine any other fans in the football league system proudly belt out a song centred around that subject in 2022, it's like stepping back 30 years, knock it off!

Have ITV turned the mics at the stadium down? Our fans look like they're making themselves known, but it sounds very muted.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Have ITV turned the mics at the stadium down? Our fans look like they're making themselves known, but it sounds very muted.
    They sound in good voice to me; they've drowned out Liverpool.

Yes they have.
    Not surprised though with that song being sung

Sounded like everyone was singing it...mostly season ticket holders there today, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    They sound in good voice to me; they've drowned out Liverpool.
    I'm not having a go at our fans for being quiet.....

I just noted that the volume of the whole stadium seems very quiet. It sounds as if the stadium mics have been turned down. The commentator's volume is normal.

Someone is sat in the tactics van with the fingers on the volume controls listening for bad language.
    Wouldn't surprise me either if they keep the mics at the away end a bit higher.

it was annoying the liverpool supporting commentator

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    So sad and embarrassing to hear it being sung at Anfield today 🤦*♂️
    Idiotic when you sing about subjects like that but then we have had a fair share of idiots following our club for years

Don't understand any songs against people we are not playing

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    it was annoying the liverpool supporting commentator
    he supports Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Idiotic when you sing about subjects like that but then we have had a fair share of idiots following our club for years

Don't understand any songs against people we are not playing
    We have a lot of idiots following our club, the Bristol City toilets destruction confirms that. One of the most cringeworthy experiences I've had following City away was at Fulham where idiots were shouting awful abuse at random young families in the park outide the ground. Many of the pond-life were middle-aged as well

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    We have a lot of idiots following our club, the Bristol City toilets destruction confirms that. One of the most cringeworthy experiences I've had following City away was at Fulham where idiots were shouting awful abuse at random young families in the park outide the ground. Many of the pond-life were middle-aged as well
    Can't believe the Fulham incident at all.... 😂 We have been told for years that they only go for like minded people and not ordinary fans or scarfers - although I suspect the people in the park were just bemused

Again, what has anyone done about it?

Genuinely.

You can speak to fan liaison officers and the police and all that good stuff all you want, it hasn't worked has it. Like I said before, if you want to stop it you need to stop it on the coaches at away games, forget your pocket and don't let people on your coaches you know song the song, make yourselves heard in the ground opposing it, I don't mean meekly booing with a few others I mean actually say something to people singing the song.

And on that note I'm off to bed.. back on nights. Hopefully my opinion hasn't upset one of the precious.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I can't imagine any other fans in the football league system proudly belt out a song centred around that subject in 2022, it's like stepping back 30 years, knock it off!
    Plenty of fans sing about Hillsborough. Likewise, Liverpool fans sing about the Munich plane crash.

I’m in no way condoning it but let’s not pretend like we’re the only bad guys out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Sounded like everyone was singing it...mostly season ticket holders there today, so be it.
    Don't be daft, you've heard it on here a million times, it's a select few bad eggs mun.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

And on that note I'm off to bed.. back on nights. Hopefully my opinion hasn't upset one of the precious.
    Still online

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Plenty of fans sing about Hillsborough. Likewise, Liverpool fans sing about the Munich plane crash.

I’m in no way condoning it but let’s not pretend like we’re the only bad guys out there.
    neither of those examples you've chosen has anything to do with what i've posted, the Hymns & Arias song relates to incest, and it's sung at football matches attended by families with children

those examples you gave are awful obviously, but it's not the same

They could be standing next to someone who has been abused and not even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    neither of those examples you've chosen has anything to do with what i've posted, the Hymns & Arias song relates to incest, and it's sung at football matches attended by families with children

those examples you gave are awful obviously, but it's not the same
    Also "other people are arseholes too" isn't a very strong argument

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Also "other people are arseholes too" isn't a very strong argument
    I’m not making an argument about keeping the song. I personally don’t sing it as I do think it’s too much.

My point was about the whole “no one else would ever do such a thing” idea. Maybe we disagree but I’d say singing about events in which people died, women and children included, is as bad as singing about incest/pedophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thinly veiled ‘when I get-up I’m expecting lots of responses to my highly outspoken opinions’ imo.