First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Reasons to be Cheerful

OK

I know it was only Peterborough
    I know it was only Liverpool
    I know it was only Barnsley
    I know it was only Forest

But ...

Well done Steve Morison for persevering with getting Cardiff out of the anti-football (Warnockball) rut.

Based on the last 4 outings the likes of Man City, Leeds, Liverpool (et al) would perhaps not hesitate sending out their developing players on loan next season.

Even without those whose contracts end this season, there is enough young talent to be optimistic ...

Re: Reasons to be Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    OK

But ...

Well done Steve Morison for persevering with getting Cardiff out of the anti-football (Warnockball) rut.

Based on the last 4 outings the likes of Man City, Leeds, Liverpool (et al) would perhaps not hesitate sending out their developing players on loan next season.

Even without those whose contracts end this season, there is enough young talent to be optimistic ...
    Me and my boy were discussing the very point about the bigge clubs trusting the development of their younger players whereas previously they may not?? Totally agree with you

OK

But ...

Great point about the loan players

Yes credit where it’s due football is going in the right direction but let’s see a more sustained period of the high press / high energy football before we denounce hoofball just yet as Barnsley performance was a throwback to the last days of Mick.

OK

But ...

Good post

OK

But ...

We had 3 loan players stsrt last night.

Obviously it would be nice to have our own lads starting but that will come, 8 of the 11 were cardoff players.

I said last season it wouldn't take major ins and outs to change our style we just needed players in the right positions to help us pass a bit better, and look at what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We had 3 loan players stsrt last night.

Obviously it would be nice to have our own lads starting but that will come, 8 of the 11 were cardoff players.

I said last season it wouldn't take major ins and outs to change our style we just needed players in the right positions to help us pass a bit better, and look at what's happening.
    Interesting that only 2 of the side who played in the home humiliation by West Brom were in the side last night. And one of those was played out of position against WBA (McGuinness). That’s a market as to how much Morison has changed things

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Me and my boy were discussing the very point about the bigge clubs trusting the development of their younger players whereas previously they may not?? Totally agree with you
    Ye olde bigge clubeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Interesting that only 2 of the side who played in the home humiliation by West Brom were in the side last night. And one of those was played out of position against WBA (McGuinness). That’s a market as to how much Morison has changed things
    and Hugill started for West Brom, but didn't score.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He's done well. Hopefully the summer comes and along with the odd loan and youth player he can add to the squad with a few permanent signings that play his way. Didn't realise that about the teams though!!!

OK

But ...

It's actually genuinely exciting at the moment, the most for some years I think, and all in the space of a few weeks.

How often have we bemoaned the lack of young players and especially young Welsh players?

International

OK

But ...

That is a great post

All good valid points, it doesn't always work but so all the loan players are playing so well and have great attitudes, add Wintle and we are like a completely different team!