+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Conflict Getting Very Close

Re: Ukraine Conflict Getting Very Close

Before anyone accuses me of being mean to the Tories - I completely accept that and will continue to do so, I would also add that Corbyn was in bed with the Russians, not financially but also theologically. Look at his absolutely stupid continued appearances on Russian TV.

What a fecking swamp our politics are.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    In all fairness the PM is about to announce tough new sanctions on Russian Oligarchs:

1) When appointed to the House of Lords they will no longer be allowed to access the free bar between 8 and 9am
    2) Oligarchs will be only be allowed to pay for two foreign trips for Tory MP's per year, not the standard three.
    3) Oligarchs will only be allowed to film Tory MP's having sex with prostitutes at Palazzo Terranova on a Tuesday and Friday.
    Don't forget the tennis matches.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know I’m always on this Government’s case, but does anyone else think that the sanctions announced yesterday are a bit, you know, feeble given what we’d been hearing for the previous ten days or so?
    Putin has warned that any sanctions imposed which he considers are over the top will be deemed an act of war of the economic rather than military variety and dealt with how he sees fit. He's also said prior that only Russians will ever govern Russia: nobody like Napoleon or Adolf's armies before will get an opportunity to invade its soil again because he will destroy any country or countries that dare to try.

It has, supposedly, the greatest number of and most powerful nukes. Their top one, nicknamed Satan 2, is said to have a range of 11,000 miles, enabling it to reach any point on earth, is fitted with multiple warheads with each one many times more devastating than what were used on Japan.

It's said one of those would reduce an area the size of Texas - which is almost three times greater than the UK's land mass - to dust and nothing but dust.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't pay as much attention to this sort of thing as some on here, but it seems to me that what Germany has done might just make Putin reconsider his actions, but what Johnson announced yesterday is hardly going to make him turn tail and order the tanks back is it.
    Agreed.

Our governments bluster and grandstanding in parliament this week didn't match the benign sanctions.

I am not suggesting we should have gone 'nuclear' with sanctions and of course left some further sanctions as leverage, but my goodness these sanctions are no more than a publicity stunt.

Let's remember that our own security services identified Johnson as a security risk for years due to his visiting Palazzo Terranova and rubbing shoulders, partying and taking money from the Oligarchs when there.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Putin has warned that any sanctions imposed which he considers are over the top will be deemed an act of war of the economic rather than military variety and dealt with how he sees fit. He's also said prior that only Russians will ever govern Russia: nobody like Napoleon or Adolf's armies before will get an opportunity to invade its soil again because he will destroy any country or countries that dare to try.

It has, supposedly, the greatest number of and most powerful nukes. Their top one, nicknamed Satan 2, is said to have a range of 11,000 miles, enabling it to reach any point on earth, is fitted with multiple warheads with each one many times more devastating than what were used on Japan.

It's said one of those would reduce an area the size of Texas - which is almost three times greater than the UK's land mass - to dust and nothing but dust.
    Organ, while I understand your important point and keeping things proportional not to poke the hornets nest of Russian aggression... our sanctions are so weak compared to sanctions introduced by other countries. It comes off the back of our government claiming we are leading the world and Europe in standing up to the Russian aggression ummm no we are are not. Weak sanctions by a weak government who are already utterly compromised by Russian money.

You don’t think the yanks and the Israelis have these also? Russia is huge but is essentially just Moscow and st Petersburg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You don’t think the yanks and the Israelis have these also? Russia is huge but is essentially just Moscow and st Petersburg
    and Novosibirsk.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Shhh!

You and the rest of us mustn't know about their nuclear weapons. Be like Boris Johnson, Joe Biden, etc, by pretending not to know because that way, just like them, you won't ask why their weapons of mass destruction are not subject to international treaties and regular inspections like everyone else's are. Then we can all continue to concentrate on the narrative we have been trained to follow: don't bother thinking too much, keep concentrating on those nasty Russians, North Koreans and Iranians.

This image captures the steaming pile of hypocrisy to a tee - https://thepolicytensor.files.wordpr...13/08/iran.jpg

The two breakaway cities that the Russians have invaded in Ukraine have Welsh connections.
    Lugansk is twinned with Cardiff and Donetsk was known as Hughesovka, originally set up by Welsh settlers to establish a metallurgical factory. Named after Merthyr businessman John Hughes.

Russia has the nuclear capability to turn the UK to dust many times over - the UK has the nuclear capability to turn Russia to dust once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Russia has the nuclear capability to turn the UK to dust many times over - the UK has the nuclear capability to turn Russia to dust once.
    What about NATO? We hardly alone are we?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Before anyone accuses me of being mean to the Tories - I completely accept that and will continue to do so, I would also add that Corbyn was in bed with the Russians, not financially but also theologically. Look at his absolutely stupid continued appearances on Russian TV.

What a fecking swamp our politics are.
    Was he on the RT version of songs of praise?

I'm not a military strategist but I'd have thought once is probably enough times to turn a country into dust isn't it?

Not that I think that's a good idea in any way shape or form

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not a military strategist but I'd have thought once is probably enough times to turn a country into dust isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Was he on the RT version of songs of praise?

Yes he was singing those old Russian classics

'How Great Tsar Art' and 'Turn your eyes upon Joseph'

🤣… exactly my thoughts. I was chuckling as I scrolled through and was about to post something similar but you did a fine job 🤣

“We don’t like the dust that’s there… it might still have some life in it so we’ll nuke it a few more times for good measure”

Which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    ��… exactly my thoughts. I was chuckling as I scrolled through and was about to post something similar but you did a fine job ��

“We don’t like the dust that’s there… it might still have some life in it so we’ll nuke it a few more times for good measure”
    Another one who let it sail over their heads!

If Putin’s beef is that he doesn’t want a country bordering Russia to be in NATO, then invading Ukraine simply takes him to the border with Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania - all NATO members. Plus, Russia already borders Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - all NATO members.
    I strongly suspect that his motives are more linked to a restoration of Soviet era influence than so-called Russian security.
    Besides which, using his rationale, Serbia, for example, could say that it is encircled by existing or potential NATO members and might therefore seek to occupy neighbouring countries, which is clearly ridiculous.
    What a piece of Sh!t he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    If Putin’s beef is that he doesn’t want a country bordering Russia to be in NATO, then invading Ukraine simply takes him to the border with Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania - all NATO members. Plus, Russia already borders Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania - all NATO members.
    I strongly suspect that his motives are more linked to a restoration of Soviet era influence than so-called Russian security.
    Besides which, using his rationale, Serbia, for example, could say that it is encircled by existing or potential NATO members and might therefore seek to occupy neighbouring countries, which is clearly ridiculous.
    What a piece of Sh!t he is.
    There's more to it than Putin just wanting to turn the clock back. For over a decade he has been asking the USA, Nato, the EU, for talks on NATO's military expansion in eastern Europe. Because Russia has been viewed by the west as a 'busted flush', they've been given the political equivalent of the cold shoulder. Yes, he's a nasty piece of sh*t, but this isn't black and white. Oh, and Ukraine isn't the democratic idyll everyone is making out either.

Another one who let it sail over their heads!
    Just a bit of light hearted relief. Just how I read the words. No offence intended.

Other than stating the obvious though, I’m not sure what point you were making

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just a bit of light hearted relief. Just how I read the words. No offence intended.

Other than stating the obvious though, I’m not sure what point you were making
    The point that Russia has the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and continues to add to it. There has to come a point when they need to ask themselves is there any need to keep increasing the amount they have?
    The UK has far fewer nuclear weapons than Russia, however, in the event of a nuclear conflict the outcome would be the same... both countries turned to dust.

Putin’s a hypocrite. He says that Ukraine is not a proper country and yet the Soviets took Konigsberg from Germany at the end of the Second World War and renamed it Kaliningrad.
    Are they going to give that back, then?

Made me chuckle :

Ben Wallace says Vladimir Putin 'gone full tonto'

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's more to it than Putin just wanting to turn the clock back. For over a decade he has been asking the USA, Nato, the EU, for talks on NATO's military expansion in eastern Europe. Because Russia has been viewed by the west as a 'busted flush', they've been given the political equivalent of the cold shoulder. Yes, he's a nasty piece of sh*t, but this isn't black and white. Oh, and Ukraine isn't the democratic idyll everyone is making out either.
    I've never seen Ukraine described as a democratic idyll.

I'm pretty sure this whole thing isn't because "everyone" thinks Ukraine is really nice.