+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Conflict Getting Very Close

Re: Ukraine Conflict Getting Very Close

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/12/e...ntl/index.html

Some interesting speculation there on what route they could take in an invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Your balanced view of all websites exposed here methinks.
    🤣🤣
    They literally have posted a video of her speech (quite refreshing actually) and you are shouting at the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/12/e...ntl/index.html

Some interesting speculation there on what route they could take in an invasion.
    It's going to be a big old week. I still just can't see it. It seems such a stupid and reckless move in a way that for example the Crimea wasn't .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    ����
    They literally have posted a video of her speech (quite refreshing actually) and you are shouting at the messenger.
    You just proclaimed your love for the place. I've lost count of the number of times you've posted links from sites related to Guido Fawkes, not to mention other right wing sites.

Yet, you're very open minded and have a balanced opinion.

In fairness, nothing ever is entirely black or white. There is no doubt the west would like regime change in Russia for example, but that doesn't change who the aggressor is, which is plainly Russia which cannot get over an independent Ukraine looking towards the west

Nonetheless, here are the troops;
    https://order-order.com/2022/02/11/s...kraine-crisis/

I should add, I entirely support Corbyn and Abbott's right to say whatever the hell they like.

The sheer idiocy of that pair never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure that the Russian point of view will also get support from a lot of the trump/farage fans aswell. Nothing shows good strong leadership quite like invading your neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You just proclaimed your love for the place. I've lost count of the number of times you've posted links from sites related to Guido Fawkes, not to mention other right wing sites.

Yet, you're very open minded and have a balanced opinion.
    Are you serious?

Firstly, others are talking about people parroting a pro-kremlin position and I illustrated that with a very prominent politician doing so on video. That's relevent. Not my fault I can't see it on other media.

Being open minded means getting information from a diversity of news sources. That's good!

Guido Fawkes takes a pop at all sides. It's very often laying into the Tories.

If you read it, you would know that. And if you don't read it, by definition you don't know what you are talking about

Now, the topic here is the Ukraine and within that people spreading pro-kremlin opinions, so I have no idea why you are deflecting things at all

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The sheer idiocy of that pair never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure that the Russian point of view will also get support from a lot of the trump/farage fans aswell. Nothing shows good strong leadership quite like invading your neighbour.
    100%. Strong man, conspiracy theories, questioning the west and Soros and the like. It's a toxic mix.

And as I mentioned, we shouldn't delude ourselves that everything is in one direction. Putting ourselves in Russia's shoes is critical in understanding their actions.

But claiming the west or NATO are the aggressors here is plainly absurd and just typical or the standard anti-American tropes that are pretty common amongst many in those circles.

It's going to be a big old week. I still just can't see it. It seems such a stupid and reckless move in a way that for example the Crimea wasn't .
    The problem is that Putin has been allowed to get away with so much again and again, without any real push-back from the west, he's probably just seeing how far he can take it.

The problem is that Putin has been allowed to get away with so much again and again, without any real push-back from the west, he's probably just seeing how far he can take it.
    Yeah I can see what u mean there. He has had us over a barrel for so long. Doesn't have any opposition to worry about and can push us all the way then step back and claim victory. Or get away with it like in the Crimea. It's a very difficult situation

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed

The Bully that is Russia and Putin obviously need a deterrent and if its NATO, then lets welcome the Ukraine in
    Nothing to see there

Dianne Abbott's views are mirrored by a fair few on here.
    Go forth Comrades...and multiply.

https://youtu.be/HXBCRBVYlsI

Russia plots 'false flag' attack to provoke war with Ukraine

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...box=1644738022

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Interested to know who your comments are aimed at, I’ve only see one post siding with Putin in this thread and I’m guessing that he would only call someone comrade if he was taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

..says Ben Wallance.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Surely putin wouldn’t do something so devious!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely putin wouldn’t do something so devious!

The man is worse than devious, the theatre he has created proves this , he won't blink an eyelid when the bodybags start returning to the Motherland.

🤣🤣
    Diane Abbot is spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Jeepers does anyone still listen to Dianne , I thought folk had moved on from that era ??

Simple solution:
    Russia joins NATO.

for anyone still labouring under the idea that Putin is in any way reasonable, there was a thread on twitter a while back listing some of the people the Putin regime have had murdered, mostly journalists that were thrown out of a 5th floor window or similar.
    it was absolutely chilling, in not only the sheer number of them but the relatively minor level of transgression that will get you killed under this regime.
    I'll see if I can find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Simple solution:
    Russia joins NATO.
    No chance.
    Better off standing up to the cretin and his disgusting regime.

What will stop Russia is Germany and Europe putting up more forceful barriers , 40% of Europes gas is from Russia surely its bargaining chip although it seems Germany doesn't want to upset thier cosy gas supply deal, they are by far the biggest user of Russian gas .

I must have missed something here but I cannot recall reading any details about these so-called devastating sanctions that will be imposed on Russia if they invade Ukraine. What does Russia depend on the West for? OK we buy their oil/gas but surely that is a huge bargaining chip for them not for us - they can simply turn off the taps and accept the loss of revenue I suppose. Countries like Germany will be on their knees to them within days if that happened. As for the UK, Scotland could stop sending Scotch whiskey and Wales could stop sending Felinfoel Double Dragon ale and Caerphilly cheese I guess which would have a huge impact I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I must have missed something here but I cannot recall reading any details about these so-called devastating sanctions that will be imposed on Russia if they invade Ukraine. What does Russia depend on the West for? OK we buy their oil/gas but surely that is a huge bargaining chip for them not for us - they can simply turn off the taps and accept the loss of revenue I suppose. Countries like Germany will be on their knees to them within days if that happened. As for the UK, Scotland could stop sending Scotch whiskey and Wales could stop sending Felinfoel Double Dragon ale and Caerphilly cheese I guess which would have a huge impact I'm sure.
    I have heard that the Russian oligarchs and their agents, subsidiary companies and front men tend to hold most of their money in bank accounts, properties and companies in the west - and that going after them in that direction will have a srious impact on their wealth.