+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst weather you've been watching Cardiff

Worst weather you've been watching Cardiff

Have only occasionally been to away games, so cant match the stories of horrendous weather up North but I recall one Boxind Day game v Swindon. Feck me it was so cold the piss was freezing before it hit the ground in the old NP urinals.
    Had many a soaking, but fairly recently v Southampton it was terrible, got the flu and struggled for weeks after.

Re: Worst weather you've been watching Cardiff

Jacks at home in that Autowindscreens game.

MK Dons away in the ice rink, can’t imagine it being any worse than that. A load of people left and went to the pub. Thankfully we won 1-0.

Crewe away in the FA Cup, played in the Arctic Circle

Millwall game 65/66 season absolutely chucking it down game abandoned at half time

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Millwall game 65/66 season absolutely chucking it down game abandoned at half time
    Was that home? Dont remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Have only occasionally been to away games, so cant match the stories of horrendous weather up North but I recall one Boxind Day game v Swindon. Feck me it was so cold the piss was freezing before it hit the ground in the old NP urinals.
    Had many a soaking, but fairly recently v Southampton it was terrible, got the flu and struggled for weeks after.
    That Southampton game, the last season at Ninian Park was the wettest I've ever been to. I was stood on the Bob drenched and the game hadn't even kicked off
    Got back to my car, stripped off to my boxers (not a pretty sight) and drove home like it.

Come on now…the answer is always Chesterfield away. In the dungeon days.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    That Southampton game, the last season at Ninian Park was the wettest I've ever been to. I was stood on the Bob drenched and the game hadn't even kicked off
    Got back to my car, stripped off to my boxers (not a pretty sight) and drove home like it.
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    Come on now…the answer is always Chesterfield away. In the dungeon days.
    Like I said rarely an away traveller.
    What was it like that day?

Blackpool away. 2008/9 ish. Open temporary stand and lashed it down.

Tonight

City v Hull 2001 on a Friday night, which we won 2-0 after Hull had a player sent off. It was Baltic with the temperature dropping to -4. Got back into town still frozen, only to see girls with barely anything on queuing outside some pub/club. Made me feel quite wimpish.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    City v Hull 2001 on a Friday night, which we won 2-0 after Hull had a player sent off. It was Baltic with the temperature dropping to -4. Got back into town still frozen, only to see girls with barely anything on queuing outside some pub/club. Made me feel quite wimpish.
    A bit OT but I was up in the North of Scotland a few year back. It was snowing, yet there were people wandering about the town in their shirt sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    That was a shocker, stands out in my memory.

Swindon away, was it in the cup? a few years back, open end with those silly little bucket seats. Could have caught the rain in those buckets.

More bad equipment than bad weather for me. Went to school and at lunchtime my mate said fancy going to Sheff Utd away tonight. We bunked off school. I dumped my school blazer and tie with my mother at work and jumped on Supporters Coach in a thin white shirt. It was early March and fine in Caerphilly at 1pm but absolutely bitter on the Bramall Lane terrace in the evening. Lost 3-0 to boot!

Against Oldham in the cup there was a hail storm and the ref blew up early for half time.

Aldershot in about 1990 was the coldest I can remember. Was a Friday night and lost 3-1. Had a seat in the grandstand and it took a while to straighten up again afterwards.

Barry Vs Aberdeen in 96 springs to mind. One of the coldest was our 1-0 over Bristol City at home when we were last promoted.

not sure the worst but the coldest

plymouth away on boxing day around 2000

It was 2000

LFW scored in 2 1 win

Ice on terraces

I wouldn't say it was the worst ever, as it probably had been a nice summers evening but I remember a pre-season friendly against Ajax and there was a pretty epic downpour and everyone ran from the Bob bank lower up into the seats, which hadn't been opened that night.

Burton away under Trollope was pretty bad as I recall

The weather matching the occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Was that home? Dont remember that one.
    Yes. I’m sure it was 65/66 but may have been 67. No earlier and no later. Got a bloody soaking afterwards.

FA Cup game Cardiff City v Oldham third round game. There was a huge hailstone storm at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    That was August as well