+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst weather you've been watching Cardiff

Re: Worst weather you've been watching Cardiff

Bristol Rovers away around 94/95. Open terrace and monsoon weather. Soaked through to the boxer shorts

Think we lost 2-1 and announcement on tannoy to say there was a special train being laid on to take us back to Cardiff so we would be back in time for the rugby 😐

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That was August as well
    The neighbours didn't look that impressed when I rocked up in a pair of steaming Calvins

Tottenham in the cup at NP.
    Sunday afternoon all huddled together on the bob Bank getting soaked through. If David Attenborough was there he would have likened it to a colony of penguins trying to shelter each other from the cold and wet.

Wigan away at their old ground (Springfield Park??)

Think it finished 3-1 with Steve Flack scoring. Open topped away end and the stewards said we could go in the covered grandstand with about 20 minutes left.

Nobody bothered because we were all soaked to the bone by then

The match at MK Dons gets my vote too. I’ve never got that wet in a swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    City v Hull 2001 on a Friday night, which we won 2-0 after Hull had a player sent off. It was Baltic with the temperature dropping to -4. Got back into town still frozen, only to see girls with barely anything on queuing outside some pub/club. Made me feel quite wimpish.
    Yep, I was thinking of that one too. Another was Derby away, cant remember what year.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I wouldn't say it was the worst ever, as it probably had been a nice summers evening but I remember a pre-season friendly against Ajax and there was a pretty epic downpour and everyone ran from the Bob bank lower up into the seats, which hadn't been opened that night.
    I was going to post this very thing, the game which gave them Three Little Birds

Bristol Rovers away around 94/95. Open terrace and monsoon weather. Soaked through to the boxer shorts

Think we lost 2-1 and announcement on tannoy to say there was a special train being laid on to take us back to Cardiff so we would be back in time for the rugby 😐
    ..was that played at Bath..

The rain hhadn't stopped for 2 days and on the sunday morning I said to my boy...**** this, shall we go to the City?..we jumped in the car and drove to Cardiff..from Cambridge..Whitts scored a cracker to put us 1 up at halftime..then proceeded to lose 1.2..against Ipswich..it was a long drive back in the still torrential rain.I

Game against the Jacks at Ninian, maybe mid 90’s. Dai Thomas was playing for them and scored and one of our fans tried to snap the crossbar. Don’t think I’ve ever been that cold at a football match in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Yes that’s the one. Played them there a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    More bad equipment than bad weather for me. Went to school and at lunchtime my mate said fancy going to Sheff Utd away tonight. We bunked off school. I dumped my school blazer and tie with my mother at work and jumped on Supporters Coach in a thin white shirt. It was early March and fine in Caerphilly at 1pm but absolutely bitter on the Bramall Lane terrace in the evening. Lost 3-0 to boot!
    Days like that will forever stay in your long-term memory. I can imagine how cold you must have been wearing a polyester (probably?) shirt in the evening up at Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Jacks at home in that Autowindscreens game.
    That’s the first thing that popped into my mind.
    Just arrived from Australian summer.
    Absolutely drenched and the wind cutting like a knife.
    It had to go to extra time as well!
    Took my nephews down for their first game,
    No wonder they’re both plastics now.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Queuing outside Twerton Park in a monsoon!

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    The neighbours didn't look that impressed when I rocked up in a pair of steaming Calvins
    I’d imagine Calvin wasn’t impressed either

Wettest - MK Dons in Nov 2003 at the Hockey Stadium, the soaking that night left me with a cold for two weeks.
    Coldest - Arsenal in Jan 2019, my feet were so cold it felt like I was walking on two big ice cubes at the end of my legs to the Underground after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    Come on now…the answer is always Chesterfield away. In the dungeon days.
    2-2 if i remember right

MK Don's at the hockey stadium
    Chesterfield
    Bristol titty the turnstiles game

I remember that game. I ran back to my car when the game finished to get back for the rugby. Absolutley soaking. Wettest ive been at a game.

The coldest was the midweek game at Northampton during the 90's i think. I sat in the car after the game with the heater on for about half an hour to just to thaw out.