+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could you live here?

Could you live here?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-square-metres

I think I could, but, having never spent time in a prison cell, I’m struggling to see a great deal of difference.

Re: Could you live here?

I suppose it's alright as long as you don't want to swing a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I suppose it's alright as long as you don't want to swing a cat.
    Kurt Zouma wouldn't fit in that bed - so the felines should be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Kurt Zouma wouldn't fit in that bed - so the felines should be safe!
    mmmeeooww...

Perhaps staying there just a couple of days a week, as the current tenant does, might not be too bad.
    However, living there on a permanent basis I think would affect your mental health, as suggested by an estate agent in that article.
    The microwave directly under the bed?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-square-metres

I think I could, but, having never spent time in a prison cell, I’m struggling to see a great deal of difference.

Think it’s smaller by quite a size from a prison cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Perhaps staying there just a couple of days a week, as the current tenant does, might not be too bad.
    However, living there on a permanent basis I think would affect your mental health, as suggested by an estate agent in that article.
    The microwave directly under the bed?
    Yes,a game changer!

Absolutely not. ****ing ridiculous. There should be laws against this kind of thing. Pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Absolutely not. ****ing ridiculous. There should be laws against this kind of thing. Pure greed.
    I agree.

It's a cheap stop-over pad, for people who live outside London. Travel in Monday morning, stop at the mini-flat Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, then back home Friday. Lots of people do it - saves money on train fares, hotels, and travel time. I bet there are hundreds of similar places around London.
    You might be surprised to hear that I know of two people in my office who live in England (Wiltshire), but have stopover flats in Cardiff, where they stay during the week. Hard to believe, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's a cheap stop-over pad, for people who live outside London. Travel in Monday morning, stop at the mini-flat Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, then back home Friday. Lots of people do it - saves money on train fares, hotels, and travel time. I bet there are hundreds of similar places around London.
    You might be surprised to hear that I know of two people in my office who live in England (Wiltshire), but have stopover flats in Cardiff, where they stay during the week. Hard to believe, but it's true.
    Do they let them out by the hour on weekends? Asking for a friend

I once stayed in the EasyHotel Kensington and it was smaller than that. Once you'd opened the door you were literally in bed. Which tbf is really all I needed for a lads night out without breaking the bank.

I have stayed at the 'Chungking Mansions', Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. This is a building famous (infamous?) with backpackers and anyone else on a budget.

$25 USD per-night - the rooms are so small, you could turn the television/lights on or off without getting out of bed!
    However, if like me, you stumble back to the room at 3am just to sleep, then it's not such a big deal.

Mini flats

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I have stayed at the 'Chungking Mansions', Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. This is a building famous (infamous?) with backpackers and anyone else on a budget.

$25 USD per-night - the rooms are so small, you could turn the television/lights on or off without getting out of bed!
    However, if like me, you stumble back to the room at 3am just to sleep, then it's not such a big deal.
    Alcohol covers up a multitude of sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Alcohol covers up a multitude of sins.
    Well, you're certainly not going to be bothered whether the bathroom has heated towel rails or not.

International

so where does he/she stay on Monday night?