+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uche

Re: Uche

Minutes played he has to be our best ever goalscorer

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Don't worry what others, myself included, think of him. I'm genuinely glad you enjoy watching him and appreciate him. There was a striker a few seasons ago, in L2 and I can't remember the club or his name. He looked like a pitch invader in a club top, he was about 5 stone overweight, would build up a head of steam, and charge towards the goal. I swear, the only thing he wasn't doing was carrying the ball. Always got the biggest cheer whenever he came on. People loved him.
    I never said I didn't like him. I do like him and I sung his name every time the chant went up and will continue to do so every time he plays. I just don't think he's very good

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Adebayo Akinfenwa?
    Still playing for Wycombe

Scored the winning goal in their playoff final at Wembley didn’t he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Better than Marley Watkins?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I never said I didn't like him. I do like him and I sung his name every time the chant went up and will continue to do so every time he plays. I just don't think he's very good
    Hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Better than Marley Watkins?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Scored the winning goal in their playoff final at Wembley didn’t he ?
    I think that was with Wimbledon, then his contract was up, so in his post match interview he invited managers to contact him on WhatsApp

Edit - Just seen Marley Watkins has already be mentioned.

Hypocrite
    Oh give it a rest you absolute softy

yes
    The answer you were searching for is no.

The answer you were searching for is no.
    Not searching I'm RIGHT

I agree with you. I watched him today. I thought he was seriously bad and a very poor substitution. In fact, I think we had more chance of 3 points before he came on. He's not really a team player. Good for a bit of fun but ultimately I think he's a bit rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I think that was with Wimbledon, then his contract was up, so in his post match interview he invited managers to contact him on WhatsApp
    Can you help me out? When I saw him, would he have been playing for Wycombe in L2? Or am I confusing my seasons because of Covid timelines? Newport v Wycombe? Didn't he have a hell of a gut on him that wobbled when he ran? It's just the picture I looked at earlier looked like a version on steroids.

Not this season he hasn't. Or last season. Or the season before that.
    The old pedant strikes again! Statistically of course you are correct. But this thread is about a limited player doing his utmost. You loved Leo Fortune-West for that very reason!

The Blackpool defenders were scared of him, a few times. It helped us in a tight game although it didn't result in anything. But his introduction made the game more interesting.

The second half was entertaining, and I am pleased about that.

Just to finish on something positive before bed. I was impressed that after one hard tackle on him, he was up and running straight away to get on with the game. Moore would have been sat on his arse flapping his arms around with that hang-dog expression I came to loathe, while the rest of the game went on around him.

What was everyone expecting? Didier Drogba? He's spent most of his career on loan in the lower divisions. He got himself in some decent positions today and did his job against a tired defence. He made a couple of poor decisions though. He probably fancied himself after scoring two goals in less than an hour of playing time. You can't really blame a center forward for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That's largely why he's had a zillion clubs, but he can be useful for holding the ball up if we want to close a game down.
    Which is pointless if he makes the wrong decision after doing so..

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He scared the life out of the Blackpool defence and we he should have earned a pelanty in stoppage time ?
    For what?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Did you? He spent the entire time wrestling the defenders trying to win free kicks, on the occasions he had the ball in a good position rather than giving it to the men in space he tried audacious shots that flew well wide, his teammates were clearly pissed off with his decisions
    Said in the match thread he needs to realise he isn't always going to be the hero.

He's got his uses, he needs to make better decisions. No harm in saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If he was any good, he wouldn’t be with us.
    Plenty of our players are, and are with us.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Didn't see you slagging him off after the games he had scored in?
    So?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What was everyone expecting? Didier Drogba? He's spent most of his career on loan in the lower divisions. He got himself in some decent positions today and did his job against a tired defence. He made a couple of poor decisions though. He probably fancied himself after scoring two goals in less than an hour of playing time. You can't really blame a center forward for that.
    Laying the ball off is doing his job.

Not to sound like I'm on his back, because I'm not, but he could have done better today, he did a lot but ultimately didn't do what he needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If he was any good, he wouldn’t be with us.
    Then by that rationale, we can only sign players who aren't very good?

Yes I did. You enjoy Uzpe and his great ability and the way he lifts the team and I'll continue to live in the real world where he's a cult hero because he's a bit shit
    **** me. Some people just can't moaning. He strengths and weaknesses. But he is not shit FFS

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    The old pedant strikes again! Statistically of course you are correct. But this thread is about a limited player doing his utmost. You loved Leo Fortune-West for that very reason!

The Blackpool defenders were scared of him, a few times. It helped us in a tight game although it didn't result in anything. But his introduction made the game more interesting.

The second half was entertaining, and I am pleased about that.

Yeh this.