Fourth Official : Martin Coy

Re: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Guardian interview with Carlos Corberan:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...omotion-bielsa

Interesting stuff.

900 tickets sold, great travelling support for a midweek game

Watters out for at least 6 weeks. Ralls back in training and maybe contention for Huddersfield.

A few interesting nuggets from this morning's pre-Huddersfield press conference:

1. Morison had a budget for the January window (presume loan fees and wages) and came in under.

2. He made a comment about not personally benefiting from transfer deals - maybe a dig at a former manager?

3. Emphasised the need for an early decision on the manager post if the club aren't to lose out on summer transfers (he would, wouldn't he - but still true)

4. Discussed the possibility of experimenting with formations and tactics once we are completely safe - in preparation for a further evolution on the pitch next season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...oxes--23178937

Huddersfield are unbeaten over the last 15 games in all competitions including an FA Cup win at Premier League Burnley and last Saturday's 2 - 1 win at Fulham.

Cardiff City are unbeaten against Huddersfield over the last 16 games played over almost 20 years. The last time Huddersfield beat Cardiff was when were in League 1 in January 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Huddersfield are unbeaten over the last 15 games in all competitions including an FA Cup win at Premier League Burnley and last Saturday's 2 - 1 win at Fulham.

Cardiff City are unbeaten against Huddersfield over the last 16 games played over almost 20 years. The last time Huddersfield beat Cardiff was when were in League 1 in January 2003.
    I still haven't forgiven Andy Booth for that dive that helped cost automatic promotion the season before.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Wasn't that our first home loss in over a calendar year?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Wasn't that our first home loss in over a calendar year?
    Not quite. That defeat in 2003 was a 1-0 reverse up there. You are right that they did inflict our first home defeat for over a year when they won 2-1 at Ninian Park in September 2001. I think Danny Schofield scored either a winner or equaliser that day. If memory serves, if we had avoided defeat, we'd have created a club record for games unbeaten at home, but I might be wrong with that.

The first in a run of four or five tricky games. It's a good thing we racked up those four-in-five three-pointers, because the next few weeks are going to be tough. We'll be lucky to get a draw from this one, and same goes for Fulham on Saturday. Predict 1-1, with my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The first in a run of four or five tricky games. It's a good thing we racked up those four-in-five three-pointers, because the next few weeks are going to be tough. We'll be lucky to get a draw from this one, and same goes for Fulham on Saturday. Predict 1-1, with my fingers crossed.
    Derby, Preston and Stoke at home coming up? Don’t see any of those as tricky….

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A few interesting nuggets from this morning's pre-Huddersfield press conference:

1. Morison had a budget for the January window (presume loan fees and wages) and came in under.

2. He made a comment about not personally benefiting from transfer deals - maybe a dig at a former manager?

3. Emphasised the need for an early decision on the manager post if the club aren't to lose out on summer transfers (he would, wouldn't he - but still true)

4. Discussed the possibility of experimenting with formations and tactics once we are completely safe - in preparation for a further evolution on the pitch next season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...oxes--23178937
    About to chill with a cuppa and watch the press conference on the club site now. I actually like his pressers.

I’d like to see Denham get more game time considering Morrison and Flint could well be off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’d like to see Denham get more game time considering Morrison and Flint could well be off.
    Sounds like it could be in the pipeline when we get the next few wins and the pressure is off

Huddersfield Town XI:Nicholls; Turton, Pearson, Lees, Ruffels; Sinani, Russell, O'Brien; Thomas, Ward, Holmes.

Subs: Blackman, Colwill, Toffolo, Eiting, Hogg, Koroma, Rhodes.

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Ng, Flint, McGuinness; Drameh, Vaulks, Doyle, Wintle, Bagan; Hugill, Davies.

Subs: Phillips, Denham, Doughty, King, Ralls, Harris, Ikpeazu.

Colwill on the bench for Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Colwill on the bench for Huddersfield.
    😀

I'd love to think that our long unbeaten run will continue but given Huddersfield's excellent recent record I can see us slipping to a 2-0 loss.
    Hope I'm very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Derby, Preston and Stoke at home coming up? Don’t see any of those as tricky….
    As the saying goes “don’t count your chickens”………..

Has anyone got a live stream please?

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    Has anyone got a live stream please?
    Yes please ;)

Cannot get a stream...would happily pay a tenner for club Tv if it wasn't crap. Last twice I paid and didn't get a stream...requests for refund unanswered......

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Cannot get a stream...would happily pay a tenner for club Tv if it wasn't crap. Last twice I paid and didn't get a stream...requests for refund unanswered......
    You know what my response it here ;)

who decided this away strip...bloody awful.