+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Did you listen to his speech to parliament at 5pm? What would you have said differently?
    Just watched it, I thought it was a competent speech given to a house that, with a very small number of exceptions, was supportive on all sides. Was it a great war leader speaking? I don’t think so and I didn’t see anything to justify what was being said in the message I replied to. I’m not well enough qualified to judge what he said in terms of what measures should be taken, but I didn’t comment on that at all, my only opinion given was on the views in that message.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Did you listen to his speech to parliament at 5pm? What would you have said differently?
    The fact that his party is completely awash with russian money, and Boris Johnson buried the report into "almost certain" russian interference in our elections not worrying you at all?

As with the covid crisis it is hard to imagine a worse person to be in the role than its current incumbent,

His speech at 5pm in parliament was pretty good and I like the bit of Ukrainian language at the end.

Geopolitics is definitely something that interests him more. Whether hes good at it is another thing, but it does fire up his passions.

Ukrainian minister was on radio 5 earlier specifically thanking the UK PM for a speech the other day. We shouldn't be afraid to offer praise where it's due.
    Biden did the same, I think he has the ability to sound Churchillian ( his hero ) .

Boris owes Putin one thanks , he burred Party gate and the media and oppositions obsession with it

Biden on TV now, he basically wants to send Russia back to the Stone Age. Ruin their banks, currency and any other financial institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not being funny, but get some cash under the mattress. There will definitely be cyber attacks on banks and infrastructure if the west turn the financial screw.And look what happened under a pandemic..No bog roll and pasta.
    pasta you say , I was cooking pasta, went to the cupboard and we had none I had to pop to Sainsbury's to get some more, wish I had know I might need more pasta, would have stocked up

His speech at 5pm in parliament was pretty good and I like the bit of Ukrainian language at the end.

Geopolitics is definitely something that interests him more. Whether hes good at it is another thing, but it does fire up his passions.

Ukrainian minister was on radio 5 earlier specifically thanking the UK PM for a speech the other day. We shouldn't be afraid to offer praise where it's due.
    come on James, you know the CCMB rules on Boris and the tories, praise when its due

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Biden on TV now, he basically wants to send Russia back to the Stone Age. Ruin their banks, currency and any other financial institutions.
    EU need to announce sanctioning the purchase of oil/gas from Russia to all European countries tonight. It will hurt them, but will hit Putin the hardest of anything done so far, the one thing he is hoping they do not have the balls to do

Chernobyl power plant captured by russian forces apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought that had been abandoned after the leak 30 years ago? Too dangerous to go there no?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://amp.zdf.de/nachrichten/polit...raine-100.html

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I thought that had been abandoned after the leak 30 years ago? Too dangerous to go there no?
    sky ( or BBC ) news said its to create a link between Belarus and the fighting

little chance to get it back in commission

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I was thinking that when watching the news. Why on earth would they want to capture that place. Putin has probably said it’ll give them magical powers and they’ll turn into super radioactive soldiers or some other shit.

We should judge our leaders on their actions and not on their words. He does talk very effectively - to his gallery. If someone liked him to start with, they would have loved that. The question needs to be if there is substance behind it, and my view is that he has already proved that he lacks any depth behind his rhetoric. I have no proof for this but I also suspect that - given the size and economic strength of the country he leads, he has made himself a real sideshow on the international stage.

People on the streets in Russia protesting the war, that's some courage right there

https://twitter.com/mjluxmoore/statu...MITZDRMf15Ac_w

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    People on the streets in Russia protesting the war, that's some courage right there

they have some balls to do that

Good stuff…need a lot more of it

just seen that Kyiv Antonov airport has been taken by Russian airborne

just seen a tweet from a reporter embedded with the Ukrainian soldiers

"One soldier texted: ‘No one hurt and I'm fine. Just pretty sure I'm going to die. Not worried or anything just an honest assessment.’”

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just seen a tweet from a reporter embedded with the Ukrainian soldiers

"One soldier texted: ‘No one hurt and I'm fine. Just pretty sure I'm going to die. Not worried or anything just an honest assessment.’”
    f**king hell

Real heroes, a gathering pace of internal protest could prove to be a massive weapon. Really hope the West are infiltrating and have people there stirring the shit. The Russians have been amongst us for years I’d imagine.

It’s not what you say, it’s what you do and we all know what Johnson does. Lie, lie and lie some more. He’s up to his neck in Russian money. Lubov Chernukhin, the wife of a Russian oligarch is the “biggest female donor in recent British political history” and has donated more than £1.8 million to the Tory Party over the years. Her husband, a former Russian minister to Putin, has strong links to the Kremlin.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Real heroes, a gathering pace of internal protest could prove to be a massive weapon. Really hope the West are infiltrating and have people there stirring the shit. The Russians have been amongst us for years I’d imagine.
    I'm sure they are in there as are special forces in Ukraine .

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    It’s not what you say, it’s what you do and we all know what Johnson does. Lie, lie and lie some more. He’s up to his neck in Russian money. Lubov Chernukhin, the wife of a Russian oligarch is the “biggest female donor in recent British political history” and has donated more than £1.8 million to the Tory Party over the years. Her husband, a former Russian minister to Putin, has strong links to the Kremlin.
    I thought only UK registered voters could contribute?

PS : The largest corporate donation to the Labour Party came from member of the Chinese Communist Party.

Dirt everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    That's all well and good saying that but our government just unleashed pathetic sanctions against Russia. Our government impose worse sanctions against its own population ffs. Weak sanctions will continue because they receive donations from that country. It's about time those who voted for this realise what they've voted up and be shamed because me and the majority of young people are fed up of the anchor that is the elderly in this country and their voting patterns.
    It was “the elderly” in this country that saved us from the last lunatic. Show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It was “the elderly” in this country that saved us from the last lunatic. Show some respect.
    Wouldn't you have to be in your mid-90s at the youngest now to have fought against Hitler?