+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

The aviation expert during the time of the Sala tragedy takes some beating, took the board over for a week or two.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    I can confirm that I am new, old fruit.
    I don't care whether you're new, old or second hand, you make some good points in my opinion, especially about the USA and Yemen.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The aviation expert during the time of the Sala tragedy takes some beating, took the board over for a week or two.
    There were several blowhard posters who seemed to know all about single piston engine aircraft, at the time of the tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There were several blowhard posters who seemed to know all about single piston engine aircraft, at the time of the tragedy.
    What was his used name though? You know, the one who knew everything, his knowledge was similar to Captain James Bigglesworth DSO, MC, CDM, DCM.

I think this thread is in danger of straying off-topic, isn't there a war going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think this thread is in danger of straying off-topic, isn't there a war going on?
    There's never not been a war going on in one guise or another, it's just some wars are more newsworthy than others.

There's never not been a war going on in one guise or another, it's just some wars are more newsworthy than others.

Yeah, especially if it could trigger the most important conflict in history.

Aye, the infamous red v blue conflict will never be forgotten or the casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

We will all know in less than 30 hours whether this dire warning is accurate or not - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9wuywv1wQ
    is there a rough time pencilled for this? Going to go to bed soon but don't want to miss it

Looks like Vladimir has decided to start sacking his generals (the ones who haven't been shot yet). Also put one of the heads of the Fsb under house arrest. Everyone else's fault but his

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    is there a rough time pencilled for this? Going to go to bed soon but don't want to miss it
    5 seconds to midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    5 seconds to midnight.
    thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was he In Quadrophenia?
    Was the man in the bath a seller of shit pine

In this day and age ground forces are so open to massive weaponry. The Russians were lucky the 40 mile convoy wasn't taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Thanks for this, saves me hunting through for it. Had a cracking night out in London tonight, on my way home now. Looks like organ Morgan has been chomping down on shit again. If I do spot any incoming missiles I'll let you guys know

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    In this day and age ground forces are so open to massive weaponry. The Russians were lucky the 40 mile convoy wasn't taken out.
    I really can't understand why it wasn't taken out

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Oswald, these are serious matters.

Please confine your posts to the paint scheme and acoustics inside Clwb Ifor Bach. There's a good lad.

We will all know in less than 30 hours whether this dire warning is accurate or not - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9wuywv1wQ
    You are a ****ing moron.

I repeat. You are a ****ing moron

https://abcnews.go.com/International...90885#83392856

this is a very unwelcome development

anyone else get the feeling the Russians will use chemical weapons and then blame it on the Ukrainian people

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

anyone else get the feeling the Russians will use chemical weapons and then blame it on the Ukrainian people
    It's right out of the Russian playbook.

As the Russians turn west, it will be interesting to see if the response / attitude changes. I live around 4 hours from the border and Lviv is an ex Polish city annexed to USSR in 1945. It changed hands 6 times since 1918. There is still a lot of affinity amongst Poles for the city and regular cross border weekends. My friends were married there a couple of years ago.

On a happier note, families of our workforce are starting to take in refugees. I met one family, mother, two daughters & baby. From Kharkiv. Her husband has stayed behind. They were everything you would expect. Exhausted, confused & uncomfortable. The one daughter had only returned from Poland to Ukraine in December to give birth. At least they’re now safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    As the Russians turn west, it will be interesting to see if the response / attitude changes. I live around 4 hours from the border and Lviv is an ex Polish city annexed to USSR in 1945. It changed hands 6 times since 1918. There is still a lot of affinity amongst Poles for the city and regular cross border weekends. My friends were married there a couple of years ago.

On a happier note, families of our workforce are starting to take in refugees. I met one family, mother, two daughters & baby. From Kharkiv. Her husband has stayed behind. They were everything you would expect. Exhausted, confused & uncomfortable. The one daughter had only returned from Poland to Ukraine in December to give birth. At least they’re now safe.
    Thanks Des .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

this Invasion hasn't been the " walk in the park " that many think Putin thought it was going to be ( which is hardly surprising when you look at Maidan revolution, surely Putin didnt think this would be easy ) , with a lot of Ukrainian soldiers having NLAW's on their backs, rolling in tanks isn't going work, so what better way to " win " than gas a city and then wait till it settles and roll in

while we sit around and watch I wonder what the worlds " red line " will be ? ? ? will Chemical weapons be a step too far ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Great news

I was reading that in Lviv a lot people still speak Polish, we can't forget that these old Soviet Bloc countries are intricatly linked, many towns on the Romanian border are sat inside Ukraine but the residents are Romanian , road signs are In Romanian etc etc ( some of these towns are 10 - 20 miles inside the border )