+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just talking about great plagues and fires aren’t they? Things that happened a lot back in the old days…..
    Your 'fire of London' wouldn't quite do the following damage; maybe take a look and put it into context before you dismiss it lightly:-

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Can we not turn this thread into Sunday school?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Oswald, these are serious matters.

Please confine your posts to the paint scheme and acoustics inside Clwb Ifor Bach. There's a good lad.

We will all know in less than 30 hours whether this dire warning is accurate or not - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9wuywv1wQ
    So noon Friday was supposed to be a massive bioweapons or cyber attack on the UK and USA.

Did it happen? Of course not. I've never seen one of your predictions come true, not a single one, yet you retain this smugness of a man who is always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Your 'fire of London' wouldn't quite do the following damage; maybe take a look and put it into context before you dismiss it lightly:-

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
    Your right you know, that’s definitely an asteroid that one, like what wiped out the dinosaurs….but they didn’t exist either right?

First Team

There is 'reasonable faith' in many walks of life, so your comment makes no sense. Your unwillingness to even discuss the issue show that you fear you may be wrong and would rather not know either way.

However if I am wrong and you HAVE already REASONABLY concluded that faith in God and the Bible is crazy, then why don't you help RJK, Taunton Blue Genie and Delmbox who have been unable to answer the question raised a couple of days ago; I've reduced it to 2 examples to make it more straightforward.

Here is one verse from the Old Testament: Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. (from Zechariah 14:12)

And one from the New Testament: While you earnestly look for and await the coming of the day of God. For on this day the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the [material] elements will melt with intense heat! (2 Peter 3:12)

These are 2 examples from many where the Bible speaks of future events. Even 100 years ago in 1922, none of our ancestors would have understood HOW either of the above could actually happen, however in very recent times we now have the knowledge of how they could easily happen.

So tell me this, how did (1) Zechariah (520BC), (2) Peter (60AD) actually write about these things with words that only make sense to readers from the 1940's onwards? (Atomic Bomb).
    So, let me get this straight. Your response is not to apologize or even explain the rank stench of murder, abuse and pedophilia that pervades your cult, it's to offer up some riddle about your magic book (of dubious origin) prophesying nuclear war? Ridiculous and shameful.

If you value prophecy so highly why don't you worship Nostradamus?

BTW it's "1940s" not "1940's".

International

Fair play you do talk some shite!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...zelensky-kyiv/

Russia has hit a airbase 12 miles from the polish border, how close are we away from " mistakes and attacks in Poland " just as a warning

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Russia has hit a airbase 12 miles from the polish border, how close are we away from " mistakes and attacks in Poland " just as a warning
    It does make you wonder, especially coming a day after their warning about weapons shipments being fair game

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It does make you wonder, especially coming a day after their warning about weapons shipments being fair game
    But surely with the way this war is going for them the last thing they want to do is bring NATO into it? The Ukranians are causing them a huge amount of problems, why on earth would they do something to bring other, bigger and even better equipped armed forces into it?

Unless Putin's completely lost his head of course, which is worryingly possible

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

If they do, gives NATO a cause to retaliate. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    But surely with the way this war is going for them the last thing they want to do is bring NATO into it? The Ukranians are causing them a huge amount of problems, why on earth would they do something to bring other, bigger and even better equipped armed forces into it?

Unless Putin's completely lost his head of course, which is worryingly possible
    I suppose thats the issue really isn't it, he seems almost impossible to read. Bringing in others makes no sense at all, but he does seem to consistently do things to up the ante. I think he has a bit of a sick interest in seeing how far he can push the west before they act. So far he's managed to invade and annex parts of neighbours, prop up a dictator after they've gassed their own people. Cant help but think it's all a bit of fun for him and his cronies , especially when you see the likes of lavrov and their UN ambassador with those horrible little smirks on their faces constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So noon Friday was supposed to be a massive bioweapons or cyber attack on the UK and USA.

Did it happen? Of course not. I've never seen one of your predictions come true, not a single one, yet you retain this smugness of a man who is always correct.
    Morg usually moves on to pastures new when confronted with his own ridiculousness. Driving on the A48 by the Gabalfa Flyover on Friday evening I noticed an array of "The Great Reset", anti-vax slogans scrawled on bits of cardboard and dirty sheets overhead. My guess is that Morg is now targeting a more receptive, less challenging audience for his sanctimonious claptrap.

Interesting article on the BBC about a brain drain from Russia. Ties in with what a poster on here mentioned about his own company.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60697763

I know this kind of stuff is designed to trigger an emotional response, but this got to me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60724560

Those lads are slightly younger than my own son. The mother who tells her son - biology student normally - to volunteer to do the cooking. The dad who tells his lad not to go out of his way to be a hero.

What a f**king disgrace Putin is kicking this off.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Your right you know, that’s definitely an asteroid that one, like what wiped out the dinosaurs….but they didn’t exist either right?
    So you met a Christian that denied dinosaurs, bravo!
    For the record the Bible deals with the creation of such creatures and has examples of water & land based varieties.
    As for the people you trust everything to - the scientists of the day - the asteroid extinction event is simply their best guess, or to put it another way, a supposition. They have an remarkable amount of these, and in fairness to them, few individuals are omniscient and don't need to guess, in fact only *one is.

* As far as He is concerned, how do you account for the fact that the Book that claims to be written by Him has hundreds of facts and predictions that are written out of their era and long before the human author could have understood the things they were writing? (like the 3 examples I have given on this thread - still unanswered).

Now to address the inevitable Nostradamus question - here was a man who had the wisdom to respect the Bible and not only studied it's pages carefully but wrote about many things it had to say - later on, morons read his writings are impressed and say, 'hey, this guy wrote about the future and got all sorts of stuff spot on, why should I read or respect the Bible?'

Tragic

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Your response is not to apologize or even explain the rank stench of murder, abuse and pedophilia that pervades your cult, it's to offer up some riddle about your magic book (of dubious origin) prophesying nuclear war? Ridiculous and shameful.

If you value prophecy so highly why don't you worship Nostradamus?

What does the Catholic Church, Freemasonry or pedophilia turning up in the Watchtower have to do with 100% accurate and reliable Prophecy in the Bible?

As for your Nostradamus 'missile' - I've address that above.

- later on, morons read his writings are impressed
    this isn't very christian of you

What does the Catholic Church, Freemasonry or pedophilia turning up in the Watchtower have to do with 100% accurate and reliable Prophecy in the Bible?

As for your Nostradamus 'missile' - I've address that above.
    I’ve read some utter bollux on here over the yrs.
    Most of your contributions top the list.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I suppose thats the issue really isn't it, he seems almost impossible to read. Bringing in others makes no sense at all, but he does seem to consistently do things to up the ante. I think he has a bit of a sick interest in seeing how far he can push the west before they act. So far he's managed to invade and annex parts of neighbours, prop up a dictator after they've gassed their own people. Cant help but think it's all a bit of fun for him and his cronies , especially when you see the likes of lavrov and their UN ambassador with those horrible little smirks on their faces constantly.
    It certainly looks like he is hell bent on pushing and pushing, when he gets to east Berlin he might think the " comeback tour " is complete and be happy

International

So you met a Christian that denied dinosaurs, bravo!
    For the record the Bible deals with the creation of such creatures and has examples of water & land based varieties.
    As for the people you trust everything to - the scientists of the day - the asteroid extinction event is simply their best guess, or to put it another way, a supposition. They have an remarkable amount of these, and in fairness to them, few individuals are omniscient and don't need to guess, in fact only *one is.

* As far as He is concerned, how do you account for the fact that the Book that claims to be written by Him has hundreds of facts and predictions that are written out of their era and long before the human author could have understood the things they were writing? (like the 3 examples I have given on this thread - still unanswered).

Now to address the inevitable Nostradamus question - here was a man who had the wisdom to respect the Bible and not only studied it's pages carefully but wrote about many things it had to say - later on, morons read his writings are impressed and say, 'hey, this guy wrote about the future and got all sorts of stuff spot on, why should I read or respect the Bible?'

Tragic
    More shite. You're a star!

That other smug individual dear old Andrei Kelin (Russian ambassador to the UK) has been conspicuous by his absence of late. Remember this famous denial on Sky news?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNews/s...89157711302661

I have written to him to remind him that as he does not seem to have any intention of resigning, he is complicit in the slaughter in Ukraine.

It seems some jam-making nutter was calling out Putin years ago - according to this rare principled Tory journalist:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinio...utin-oligarchs

I wonder how the press, the government, or the hierarchy of his own party (all now riding the Free Ukraine wave) reacted to that?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It seems some jam-making nutter was calling out Putin years ago - according to this rare principled Tory journalist:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinio...utin-oligarchs

I wonder how the press, the government, or the hierarchy of his own party (all now riding the Free Ukraine wave) reacted to that?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    this isn't very christian of you
    Maybe you'd like to point out why it's unchristian?

(1) Firstly, do you actually know what a Christian is?
    (2) Are you aware that Jesus Himself called certain individuals "whitewashed tombs" and what that means?*
    (3) Jesus also said to the religious hypocrytes - “You snakes! You brood of vipers!" - so a cutting yet justified remark is certainly not unchristian at all.

* Jesus called the religious authorities of his day, "whitewashed tombs." These may not seem strong character slurs, but they are indeed very strong. The book of Ezra contains most of the Bible references to whitewash. They refer to whitewashed walls. These are walls roughly built and then covered over with a thick coat of whitewash to hide the lousy work. Yes indeed, we all know about shoddy workmanship hidden by a thick coat of paint. Ezra's point is that the people of God in his day had built their lives out of rubble and then plastered it over with religious whitewash. They were hypocrites, godly do-gooders on the outside, but rotten on the inside. Just as a rubble wall will easily fall over, even though it may look good, so will the life of a hypocrite.

Maybe you'd like to point out why it's unchristian?

(1) Firstly, do you actually know what a Christian is?
    (2) Are you aware that Jesus Himself called certain individuals "whitewashed tombs" and what that means?*
    (3) Jesus also said to the religious hypocrytes - “You snakes! You brood of vipers!" - so a cutting yet justified remark is certainly not unchristian at all.

* Jesus called the religious authorities of his day, "whitewashed tombs." These may not seem strong character slurs, but they are indeed very strong. The book of Ezra contains most of the Bible references to whitewash. They refer to whitewashed walls. These are walls roughly built and then covered over with a thick coat of whitewash to hide the lousy work. Yes indeed, we all know about shoddy workmanship hidden by a thick coat of paint. Ezra's point is that the people of God in his day had built their lives out of rubble and then plastered it over with religious whitewash. They were hypocrites, godly do-gooders on the outside, but rotten on the inside. Just as a rubble wall will easily fall over, even though it may look good, so will the life of a hypocrite.
    So if I understand your point correctly, when I call you an absolute prat I am actually acting in a Christianic manner, right?