+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst pitch you've ever played on?

Re: Worst pitch you've ever played on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The marl was an old Ash tip, so the earth was coal black.if you had rough skin on your knees then it was murder to scrub it off!
    I'm probably a lot older than you and was talking about the pitch in the 1950's. Perhaps it was covered with ash later but when I played on it there was plenty of glass on the surface. Nobody could afford shin pads in those days so had to stuff our socks with torn newspapers. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I'm probably a lot older than you and was talking about the pitch in the 1950's. Perhaps it was covered with ash later but when I played on it there was plenty of glass on the surface. Nobody could afford shin pads in those days so had to stuff our socks with torn newspapers. Those were the days.
    It was an old Victorian tipping site, same as jubilee park opposite the stadium. Obviously, back then they only had ash and pottery to dump,band it would come to the surface

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yeah. Not far from the Colliery Museum there- Rhondda Heritage Park.

If the ball went over the fence mind, that was it.

Made me a bit unpopular with my Ben Turner style clearances 😂
    Played there a lot. Guess it was no better or worse than most up the valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Worst pitch I can remember up the valleys was Rassau, more stones than grass

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Lovely level and flat pitch.