+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone had their utility prices for April onwards yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone had their utility prices for April onwards yet?

My electricity is £30 DD a month with Shell (2 bed flat live on my own).
    Been with them one year and only used £11 more than my DD which would have been covered over the next month or 2 as we leave winter so my DD was about right.
    Shell have just informed me that it is going up to £78 a month.
    150% increase.
    i thought the rise was 54% ?

Putin sets deadline of midnight Friday for buying Russian gas in Roubles only. The expression "short and curlies" comes to mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60945248

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    My electricity is £30 DD a month with Shell (2 bed flat live on my own).
    Been with them one year and only used £11 more than my DD which would have been covered over the next month or 2 as we leave winter so my DD was about right.
    Shell have just informed me that it is going up to £78 a month.
    150% increase.
    i thought the rise was 54% ?
    The cap is 54% on the standard variable rate. If you were on a good fixed rate less than the standard rate then the increase % will be higher than 54% when your deal ends, or if you go on a new fixed rate, which is much higher than the standard rate at the moment.

Also if you are in arrears and the DD hasnt been covering what youve been using then your bills will also go up so they can claw back what is owed besides what you are going to use going forward.

Unfortunately theres no good fixed deals to be had at the moment its probably best sticking to the standard variable rate. Its already at its maximum so they cant put it up until October.