Hi Guys great result yesterday, this is a bit of a longshot but thought I would ask anyway. I am/was a big bad arse biker 74 covered in tattoos who's life has taken a bit of a twist in the last couple of years unfortunately.
A couple of years ago my wife of 50+ years was sadly diagnosed with dementia, the social services initially offered their help but she became so violently abusive none of them will touch her with a bargepole now (and I honestly don't blame them) she doesn't know what Planet she is on and refuses to be moved to residential care, we live in a purpose built disabled bungalow which is lovely. I have recently had some extremely serious heart problems but I haven't had any help from SS as they cant handle my wife. In a few weeks time the Consultant have said I need Open Heart Surgery and,when/if I come out of Hospital I will need caring for for a couple of months, My Mrs has said she will be able to do it and wont allow anyone else near me but I know she is dangerous, but I am hoping I will be able to cope with my care myself which I plan on doing. The big question I would care to share with you is I have this feeling of imminent disaster and it is scaring me shitless regarding the op. and wondered if any of you fellas out there have had open heart surgery and could give me any advice and help set my mind at rest.
What I have found about my wife's dementia is that no one, not the Drs of the social services want to know.
Any advice would be welcomed thanks . I am having the Op at the Heath.