+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales strikers getting thin on the ground

Wales strikers getting thin on the ground

After Kiefer Moore has been ruled out of the Austrian game, so too has Tyler Roberts. We'll be getting Tosh off his hospital sick bed to play as a loan striker up front at this rate

Tyler Roberts: Leeds and Wales forward ruled out for three months after hamstring surgery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60656098

Re: Wales strikers getting thin on the ground

Bring Isaak in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    After Kiefer Moore has been ruled out of the Austrian game, so too has Tyler Roberts. We'll be getting Tosh off his hospital sick bed to play as a loan striker up front at this rate

Tyler Roberts: Leeds and Wales forward ruled out for three months after hamstring surgery

Tyler Roberts, striker !!!!!! I think not.

Cow’s arse and shovel, comes to mind.

I thought this was going to be about picket lines

Dan James has been playing a sort-of false 9 (whatever that means) for Leeds recently. Doesn't help us with a target man being in the middle of a front 3 but it's an option.
    With the possible final now delayed until June probably, at least it gives the injured players more time to recover.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Dan James has been playing a sort-of false 9 (whatever that means) for Leeds recently. Doesn't help us with a target man being in the middle of a front 3 but it's an option.
    With the possible final now delayed until June probably, at least it gives the injured players more time to recover.
    And get injured again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Are you sure it's not splinters cos he's been warming the bench for quite some time.

Mark Harris play it on the floor not for in the air for some Moore type striker slows the paly down anyway , Page needs to watch the City post Moore , we seem to have better options and more of them and pace.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Mark Harris play it on the floor not for in the air for some Moore type striker slows the paly down anyway , Page needs to watch the City post Moore , we seem to have better options and more of them and pace.
    Or Man City, their tallest striker is about 5'2".

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    post Moore we play either Hugill or Uche plus one other. its not as though we've gone to a false nine

Tom lawrence

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    post Moore we play either Hugill or Uche plus one other. its not as though we've gone to a false nine
    Has Hugill got a welsh granny?

Current professional strikers who haven't retired I can think of would be: Luke Jephcott, Christian Doidge, Tom Bradshaw , Ched Evans, Nathan Broadhead, ????

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Current professional strikers who haven't retired I can think of would be: Luke Jephcott, Christian Doidge, Tom Bradshaw , Ched Evans, Nathan Broadhead, ????
    Sam Vokes

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sam Vokes
    Sorry what I meant to put was "retired from international football" - which I think he has. Is HRK still out of international retirement?

Bradshaw is injured.

ched has scored 7 in 25 games for PNE

Wales push Bale into the most advanced role when Moore is unavailable. I would expect that to be the case again if he is fit. Particularly as this is now a one-off without the need to worry about recovery for a more important game a few days later.

Mark Harris, Isaak Davies, Tom Lawrence, Liam Cullen

Jack Vale came on for Blackburn last night and Joe Taylor made his Peterborough debut. There's even the 2 Collins brothers in League 2 if we get really desperate

Isn’t that Brennan Johnson doing ok at Nottingham Forest ? Or is he more of a midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Isn’t that Brennan Johnson doing ok at Nottingham Forest ? Or is he more of a midfielder?
    A winger I would say. Also Sorba Thomas doing well as is Harry Wilson. We have loads of pace and that includes Dan James.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A winger I would say. Also Sorba Thomas doing well as is Harry Wilson. We have loads of pace and that includes Dan James.
    Rabbi Matondo is doing well in Belgium as well

Is Bale a nailed on starter? (Yes)