+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 matches left. Some tough games. They will show how far we have come or not.

10 matches left. Some tough games. They will show how far we have come or not.

If we were still near the bottom I think I would be looking at the fixture list with some trepidation. There are some tough games ahead against teams at both ends of the table.
    If we can pick up 6 points from the first two we will be safe.
    Then it could get tasty.

Home Preston
    Home Stoke
    Home Swansea
    Away Reading
    Away Hull
    Home Luton
    Away Sheffield Utd
    Away Middlesborough
    Home Birmingham
    Away Derby.

Re: 10 matches left. Some tough games. They will show how far we have come or not.

5 points from the first 2 games is impossible.

Think thats a decent run in.

3 very winnable home games to kick it off. 2 crap teams away in Reading and Hull and finish it all off by an away at a likely relegated Derby after a home v Birmingham.

Re: 10 matches left. Some tough games. They will show how far we have come or not.

We are safe

No more points and we will still be safe

so if we lose all the games (which we won't) we will end up on 42 points - probably safe

if we win all the games (which we won't) we will end up on 72 - probably not in the playoffs.

I think we will end up somewhere in the mid 50s in terms of points, and hopefully get the chance to have a good look at Denham and Semenyo before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    If we were still near the bottom I think I would be looking at the fixture list with some trepidation. There are some tough games ahead against teams at both ends of the table.
    If we can pick up 6 points from the first two we will be safe.
    Then it could get tasty.

Home Preston
    Home Stoke
    Home Swansea
    Away Reading
    Away Hull
    Home Luton
    Away Sheffield Utd
    Away Middlesborough
    Home Birmingham
    Away Derby.
    Why trepidation ? All the home games are winnable and three of the away games are against teams in the bottom four. Six of the games are against teams in the bottom half of the table.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    5 points from the first 2 games is impossible.

Think thats a decent run in.

3 very winnable home games to kick it off. 2 crap teams away in Reading and Hull and finish it all off by an away at a likely relegated Derby after a home v Birmingham.
    5 points from any 2 games is impossible!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../championship/

this site predicts that we will finish 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../championship/

this site predicts that we will finish 17th
    Interesting link in that you can look back on its predictions. The biggest chance of relegation it gave us (that I can find) was 22%, after we'd lost 1-0 at home to QPR in Morison's 2nd game in charge. We were regarded as a 14% chance after defeat at Trashton, then a 1% chance after we thrashed Peterborough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting link in that you can look back on its predictions. The biggest chance of relegation it gave us (that I can find) was 22%, after we'd lost 1-0 at home to QPR in Morison's 2nd game in charge. We were regarded as a 14% chance after defeat at Trashton, then a 1% chance after we thrashed Peterborough.
    it uses xG in its predictions and I think ours have always been reasonable - over a longer period (10+ games) that tends to usually correlate well with results - although I don't particularly like the method they use.

It doesn't really matter who we have left to play. We're not going to get relegated, so maybe Morison can afford to blood a few more youngsters, and start planning for the summer transfer window, and next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It doesn't really matter who we have left to play. We're not going to get relegated, so maybe Morison can afford to blood a few more youngsters, and start planning for the summer transfer window, and next season.
    This is my feeling. Perfect opportunity to try out some of the youngsters in starting line ups or off the bench and adjust tactics accordingly.

Gives Morison and Cardiff a good platform to identify positions to strengthen during the window and earmark players with potential to feature in the squad next season.

Quite a few players out of contract this summer, so there'll be some talks on who is offered a new deal. Ralls for sure has to be top priority.

How many league games has SM been in charge of the first team?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How many league games has SM been in charge of the first team?

Interesting thread, some asking for more youngsters to be blooded. What’s the thoughts though on an ‘experimental’ XI being put out against Swansea a week Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why trepidation ? All the home games are winnable and three of the away games are against teams in the bottom four. Six of the games are against teams in the bottom half of the table.
    If we were still near the bottom then that would be because we weren’t playing well. I would have thought that was obvious.

Was going to post the form table for 5, 10, 15 and 20 games but they only show 20 on the app and can only see 3 and 6 on whoscored.com
    F:A P
    Last 25 - 16th 31:36 31
    Last 20 - 11th 28:25 30
    Last 15 - 13th 20:18 21
    Last 10 - 4th 15:8 19
    Last 5 - 14th 5:5 7

Was going to put the top 6 for comparison but that's a no no for me with no copy and paste available

Let's just get as many points as possible, I'm sure we have blooded enough youngsters this season and hopefully a few more next season, I really don't want the first Derby double at our expense.

I think we will end up somewhere in the mid 50s in terms of points, and hopefully get the chance to have a good look at Denham and Semenyo before the end of the season.
    Yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by discodaz View Post
    Let's just get as many points as possible, I'm sure we have blooded enough youngsters this season and hopefully a few more next season, I really don't want the first Derby double at our expense.
    I couldn't give a rats arse about the derby double

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Interesting thread, some asking for more youngsters to be blooded. What’s the thoughts though on an ‘experimental’ XI being put out against Swansea a week Saturday?
    As long as it's with a view to beating them bastards, not to surrendering just to give some game time. That can come after the Swansea game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I bet us to go down when Mad Mick was still in charge @14//1 but looking awful . Cashed in when we were a couple of points out of the relegation places , Morrison had probably been installed . Made a nice wee profit .

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Draft a few of the women's team in, we need a result.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    If we were still near the bottom then that would be because we weren’t playing well. I would have thought that was obvious.
    Wherever we were/are in the table, surely it is better to play teams around or below us. If we had to play all of the top six then that would be a different proposition.