Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
Considering that Cardiff is arguably one of the most diverse areas in the United Kingdom, it's surprising that there never seems to be many non-white fans in the stands.

I've seen groups of Asian people in the first few rows of the Canton stand on an odd occasion but mainly in the recent Premier League season.

It makes me wonder why it's a sea of white faces when you look around and I'd be interested to know people's opinion on this.

It's fair to state that most people follow their clubs because their Dads/Grandads took them as boys and they've carried on going with their own kids. Could it be that racism from generations ago stopped men taking their sons due to feeling vulnerable and this has trickled down?

That brings about another question, too - Are there any fans on here who were never bothered about football as a child but starting going when they got older independent of any family or friends?

It seems strange that football teams all over the UK are a melting pot of different races, but are not represented at the stadium by fans.

All people are welcome at our club regardless of colour, religion etc, which is as it should be. If a certain section of society choose not to support their local football club that is their choice.

For you to bring this to our attention suggests that you seem unduly concerned by the lack of non-white faces around you. Personally, when I attend football matches I am totally focussed on the performance of my team, not the demographic make-up of the crowd.