+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Once mathematically safe should the loanees be rested in favour of the young guns?

Once mathematically safe should the loanees be rested in favour of the young guns?

Harris, Colwill, Denham, King and to a lesser extent Davies and Bagan need to prove themselves game after game.
    Of course we want to win, to not be accused of fielding a weakened team, keep the loanees on side.

For me Harris and Colwill are the two that I would very much like to test as established staters but am still not sure they can contribute enough week after week, but then they haven’t had the chance to prove it. Is Colwill best up front or in midfield?

Re: Once mathematically safe should the loanees be rested in favour of the young guns?

yes but....

we may want loanees from the likes of Leeds and man city again in the future, so we also need to keep them happy about the amount we are playing those players, we may have given guarantees.

it is also better to introduce youngsters into a side that is functioning well.
    without Ikpeazu and Hugill we are a bit lightweight up front, without Drameh we lack pace on the right (unless Semenyo).
    it isn't giving the youngsters the best chance if we expect them to perform in a poorly balanced side

Re: Once mathematically safe should the loanees be rested in favour of the young guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes but....

we may want loanees from the likes of Leeds and man city again in the future, so we also need to keep them happy about the amount we are playing those players, we may have given guarantees.

it is also better to introduce youngsters into a side that is functioning well.
    without Ikpeazu and Hugill we are a bit lightweight up front, without Drameh we lack pace on the right (unless Semenyo).
    it isn't giving the youngsters the best chance if we expect them to perform in a poorly balanced side
    Yes I would guess we had to guarantee that some of our loanees had to play regularly for the length of the loan, particularly Doyle snd Drameh where they have not broken into the first team yet and their managers want to see how they adapt to first team football, albeit at a lower level.

I'd say play them but don't just chuck them all in every game. I'd like to see a bit more of Denham, and obviously Colwill and Davies. Bagan should start the majority, and I'd love to see Bowen get some minutes in the middle but sadly I think that's a pipe dream

I dont think we should see a massive influx of youngsters onto the bench. I'd like to see King and Denham getting more playing time, and possibly a couple of others getting bench time, but as mentioned above we could be restricted depending on what the host clubs are expecting from our loanees.

No. We could rest the older players though.

There's no point in sending the youngsters out to the lions. They've got be given a positive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Harris, Colwill, Denham, King and to a lesser extent Davies and Bagan need to prove themselves game after game.
    Of course we want to win, to not be accused of fielding a weakened team, keep the loanees on side.

For me Harris and Colwill are the two that I would very much like to test as established staters but am still not sure they can contribute enough week after week, but then they haven’t had the chance to prove it. Is Colwill best up front or in midfield?
    Can you get the loanees back next year? That’s a question we need to answer. Drameh has to play, we’ve got nobody else. We probably want Leeds to stay up, as he will be playing against us next year!

Can we keep Doyle? I hope so. I think we need to play Colwill and Denham. Davies will play, as will Bagan. Colwill is a 10. I don’t think him and Doyle can play in the same side (at least in their best positions) in this current system

Yes bring them on, the quicker they experience the leagues environment the quicker we will know if they can step up for next year , which I'm looking forward too.

For me I would rather drop the ones out of contract like Flint and Ralls. If we want loan players back or from them clubs we have to show willing.

I’d like to see Colwill and Denham as more regular starters and the King used a little more as well.

I'd integrate a couple more whilst maybe giving some others more minutes.

Wouldn't necessary make a conscious effort to reduce the loanees minutes though as I think in general we are getting some good vibes from the team (well in comparison to earlier in the season) and it is important to finish the campaign as strongly as we can.

As said above the experience of coming into a functioning team is important, I would say the quality of the minutes they play may be better for them than the quantity.

Colwill and Davies played plenty earlier in the season and whilst it will have toughened them up, I'm not sure quite how much they would have enjoyed their football and our performances of getting well beaten and being on the back foot every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Can you get the loanees back next year? That’s a question we need to answer. Drameh has to play, we’ve got nobody else. We probably want Leeds to stay up, as he will be playing against us next year!

Can we keep Doyle? I hope so. I think we need to play Colwill and Denham. Davies will play, as will Bagan. Colwill is a 10. I don’t think him and Doyle can play in the same side (at least in their best positions) in this current system
    I think that Doyle is a central midfielder, so we could play him alongside Ralls or Wintle with Colwill as an attacking midfielder, but Morison is probably too conservative to start games like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think that Doyle is a central midfielder, so we could play him alongside Ralls or Wintle with Colwill as an attacking midfielder, but Morison is probably too conservative to start games like that.
    I'd like to see that as well, it's understandable that he went for 3 cm though as our midfield was so porous until recently

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I think it highly unlikely that Man City or Leeds will be in a hurry to make loan decisions unless the players demand it. As we saw with Giles it’s a lottery. Our aim should be to be less reliant on loan players at the start of the season.