+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Babar Azam (Pakistan)

Babar Azam (Pakistan)

Re: Babar Azam (Pakistan)

I meant to watch it today as I thought they had a chance of history and chasing down that mammoth total.
    Babar Azam is a class batsman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I meant to watch it today as I thought they had a chance of history and chasing down that mammoth total.
    Babar Azam is a class batsman.
    He is , Pakistan have the makings of a superb balanced side given the ideal conditions… my favourite overseas team

Babar Azam truly is a world class test batsman. I only managed to see probably half hours play this morning and I couldn’t believe how ugly a set up the left handed Fawad had. His feet and bat were set up facing backward square leg. Glad he failed as I was struggling to watch his stance. He made Chanderpaul look classical.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Babar Azam truly is a world class test batsman. I only managed to see probably half hours play this morning and I couldn’t believe how ugly a set up the left handed Fawad had. His feet and bat were set up facing backward square leg. Glad he failed as I was struggling to watch his stance. He made Chanderpaul look classical.
    Yes here it is here , makes Peter Willey look like Bradman

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...inst-australia

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Peter Willey was unorthodox but was basically a bigger step from a decent defensive shot. Fawad looks all over the place, even after his stroke, but somehow still manages an average over 50.

I remember years ago hearing about some youngster playing for Middlesex who was told by Clive Radley the coach that he needed to change his back lift. The player said that his back lift was exactly the same as Bradmans and if it was good enough for Bradman it was good enough for him. To which Radley replied just think how good Bradman would have been if he had picked the bat up properly.

I just can’t believe how much harder Fawad has made batting with all those bloody movements.

Peter Willey was unorthodox but was basically a bigger step from a decent defensive shot. Fawad looks all over the place, even after his stroke, but somehow still manages an average over 50.
    Steve Smith has so many moving parts before he plays the ball and he averages 61.00. I guess once his eyes go, he will deteriorate quickly

What channel is that series on, I’d much prefer to have watched it than India thrashing Sri Lanka on Sky. Although they have some great players, I’ve seen enough of India in recent years and it seems like two out of every three years we have either them or Australia touring in this country. For me, Pakistan historically have as much flair as any side in the world and it’s such a shame England barely seem to play them these days.

With Williamson injured, Smith not recapturing his 2019 Ashes form, Kohli looking increasingly fallible and Root again finding it tough in Australia, I’d say there’s a pretty strong case to say that Babar is the best batsman in the world at the moment.

Apparently, Fawad had a pretty ordinary career before he remodelled his technique and you can’t deny that Chanderpaul was a very effective test player with his crab like batting, but Fawad takes it so far that you think it must be a handicap for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What channel is that series on, I’d much prefer to have watched it than India thrashing Sri Lanka on Sky. Although they have some great players, I’ve seen enough of India in recent years and it seems like two out of every three years we have either them or Australia touring in this country. For me, Pakistan historically have as much flair as any side in the world and it’s such a shame England barely seem to play them these days.

With Williamson injured, Smith not recapturing his 2019 Ashes form, Kohli looking increasingly fallible and Root again finding it tough in Australia, I’d say there’s a pretty strong case to say that Babar is the best batsman in the world at the moment.

Apparently, Fawad had a pretty ordinary career before he remodelled his technique and you can’t deny that Chanderpaul was a very effective test player with his crab like batting, but Fawad takes it so far that you think it must be a handicap for him.
    Not sure just highlights available on you tube

Not sure just highlights available on you tube
    Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for that for the third test - I wonder if they’ll make it more of a result wicket?

It's on Sky.

It's been on Sky Sports Mix.
    It's just nice to see Pakistan holding Test matches at home again.

It's been on Sky Sports Mix.
    It's just nice to see Pakistan holding Test matches at home again.
    And in Karachi too

its been on sky on the lesser channels mix and arena i think

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    its been on sky on the lesser channels mix and arena i think
    Cheers, with the India series finished now, I assume the third test will be on the cricket channel.

Cheers, with the India series finished now, I assume the third test will be on the cricket channel.
    cant do links but i use live cricket on tv website, pretty good majority of the time but it can get the start time wrong on occasions another one is live cricket on sky website

Another duck for Labuschagne (awful shot as well), Australia 70-2 at lunch on the first day of the final test.

Another duck for Labuschagne (awful shot as well), Australia 70-2 at lunch on the first day of the final test.

Teams appear have a specific bowling plan to him by delivering balls into him sharply with two square leg fielders positioned in place when there is usually one.

well thats one way to repair a foot hole