+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sala inquest concludes

Sala inquest concludes

Re: Sala inquest concludes

Horrible. I suppose the only comfort for his family and friends is that he was probably unconscious as it happened.

We know from his phone calls he was scared though. Such a tragedy.

I hadn’t seen the part where the pilot reported hearing a loud bang on the outbound flight to the operator, previously. I assume this will have a bearing on the court case, also.

So McKay organised the flight, and he was working for his Son who was representing Nantes - so is this what CCFC want? Does that absolve them of paying the transfer fee as Nantes and their associates have some responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    So McKay organised the flight, and he was working for his Son who was representing Nantes - so is this what CCFC want? Does that absolve them of paying the transfer fee as Nantes and their associates have some responsibility?
    I don't think it has any bearing on the court case really. that is based around had the transfer completed or not

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think it has any bearing on the court case really. that is based around had the transfer completed or not
    I can’t see the club winning the case if that’s what the reason for non payment ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I can’t see the club winning the case if that’s what the reason for non payment ?
    Hasn't that always been the reason for non-payment?

The CAS hearing (Cardiff appeal against the September 2019 FIFA ruling) has finished - although those who know say the decision may not be announced for months - so the inquest outcome cannot affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Does not absolve city but a fair conclusion would be a 3 way share of the fee between Nantes, city and the Sala family.
    Nantes and McKay are definitely guilty of ratcheting up the final fee so they do not deserve 100%, which I fear is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Does not absolve city but a fair conclusion would be a 3 way share of the fee between Nantes, city and the Sala family.
    Nantes and McKay are definitely guilty of ratcheting up the final fee so they do not deserve 100%, which I fear is going to happen.
    I don't see how that could be a possible outcome.

we will pay all or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hasn't the CAS case been and gone already on 3rd and 4th March ? And wasn't it purely contractual anyway and what happened on the flight and who arranged it not relevant ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Hasn't the CAS case been and gone already on 3rd and 4th March ? And wasn't it purely contractual anyway and what happened on the flight and who arranged it not relevant ?
    Perhaps City/Nantes will go after McKay for the money after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Perhaps City/Nantes will go after McKay for the money after this?
    That’s a good question. I think we have provided for £21m in the accounts which infers £6m of legal costs. Whatever happens at CAS we could go after Nantes in the French Courts if we think that Nantes or those acting for them were negligent in the flight arrangements. No point going after Mackay as he’s an in discharged bankrupt. One thing we know is that Vincent Tan is not afraid of litigation.

If we end up paying the transfer fee or Nantes lose a player the club should go after the unscrupulous people who were involved in the flight arrangements.

They need to be excluded from football transfers, in any capacity, for life.

Apologies for a rather crude analogy but:

Say you purchased something online from PC world, who in turn used Hermes to deliver it to you. If the parcel never turned up you might need to talk to PC world, you might need to talk to hemes but you certainly wouldn't pay for it yourself. Now this case has proven McKay organised the flights on behalf of Nates because they didn't like the commercial flights Cardiff were offering it presumably should have an impact on who pays the costs.

I cant help feeling that this may eventually be paid via insurance, now liability has clearly been proven.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post

Say you purchased something online from PC world, who in turn used Hermes to deliver it to you. If the parcel never turned up you might need to talk to PC world, you might need to talk to hemes but you certainly wouldn't pay for it yourself. Now this case has proven McKay organised the flights on behalf of Nates because they didn't like the commercial flights Cardiff were offering it presumably should have an impact on who pays the costs.
    Except Sala did “turn up” and may or may not have signed a legitimate contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I cant help feeling that this may eventually be paid via insurance, now liability has clearly been proven.
    The insurance company would have certainly wanted the club to exhaust all avenues before paying up. Whether he was insured who knows, except the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Except Sala did “turn up” and may or may not have signed a legitimate contract.
    In which way did he turn up and have signed a legitimate contract?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post

Digging deeper into contracts, I can guess that players' contracts are billions of pages long with clauses of about anything, just in case they crop up. If it had been proven that Sala was contractually a City player at the time, and there's nothing in his contract about seeking alternative transport, how can we claim on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In which way did he turn up and have signed a legitimate contract?
    In the way where he was at the CCS and signing contracts before he went back to France. The club even released photos of him at the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    In the way where he was at the CCS and signing contracts before he went back to France. The club even released photos of him at the signing.
    I'm guessing by this that you think we should be paying the full transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm guessing by this that you think we should be paying the full transfer fee.
    Isn't that what CAS is investigating and that this is an appeal as the previous legal case said we were responsible?