+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Pay For Sky ?

How Much Do You Pay For Sky ?

Just seen mine is going up to £120 !!!! PM

I've got all the sports, HD and movies

How much do you pay?

Re: How Much Do You Pay For Sky ?

£79 at the mo. sports, movies, kids, no HD - don't see much difference.

Have you got other services like phone, BB, multiroom?

£0

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    £79 at the mo. sports, movies, kids, no HD - don't see much difference.

Have you got other services like phone, BB, multiroom?
    Yes, we have sky Q. I suppose they charge a multiroom premium for that.

Too much.

Although they did ring up about 6 weeks ago and changed our package so we got rid of kids TV (was included in previous bundle but never watched) and added in Premium Films (channels 301-312) all for £20 less per month.

Still way too much.

Just renegotiated mine, pay £34 for signature which is the new basic package and includes box sets and I’ve got movies and Multi room. I seem to have movies in HD but I don’t pay for it.

I was out of contract though and had to “leave” and then they sent me two offers day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Yes, we have sky Q. I suppose they charge a multiroom premium for that.
    I have SkyQ - no multiroom.

How much do you pay?
    120 quid a month

Jesus

And people knock the TV licence.

£32 a month for the basic package plus all sky sports channels. No movies or kids. I always ring up 30 days before my contract is due up and put a 30 day cancellation notice on and refuse any offer they give me to renew. Then within a week I get a call back from the team that can give out the best deals, and they always offer me something around £30 a month. One year I let the subscription lapse and within 3 days they called me back and offered £24 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    £0
    snap

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    snap
    So do you only watch freeview channels ?

I pay VM £89 per month for the 4k/UHD sky entertainment package including netflix, movies, sky sports, bt sport, multiroom, unlimited data phone contract and 1GB broadband. The phone contract also came with Disney+ as a free addon.

I snapped their hand off when they offer me that deal.

Had I just taken out the broadband and mobile contract that would have come out at £86 per month so I'm paying in effect £3 for all the other stuff.

Yes

Of course it would be great to watch lots of football but the whole matter of TV rights and the highest bidder has always turned me off

no mate iptv

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    £32 a month for the basic package plus all sky sports channels. No movies or kids. I always ring up 30 days before my contract is due up and put a 30 day cancellation notice on and refuse any offer they give me to renew. Then within a week I get a call back from the team that can give out the best deals, and they always offer me something around £30 a month. One year I let the subscription lapse and within 3 days they called me back and offered £24 a month.
    With bb? Phone etc? Seems £70 is about as cheap as you can get them all, haven’t even got a landline phone but you still pay for it with sky. Movies just aren’t worth it. Got NOW Tv for 3 months for 3.99 seems to have quite a few. If by some miracle a decent film arrived I’d go to the cinema or download it.

How much do you pay?
    £70 per month for full sports, movies and entertainment packages plus Sky Q, HD and multiroom but no phone. You need to ring them up, threaten to leave and then sit back and be amazed what they offer you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes

Of course it would be great to watch lots of football but the whole matter of TV rights and the highest bidder has always turned me off
    If it wasn't for the tv rights and bidding processes, quite a few clubs, including probably our own, would now be out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If it wasn't for the tv rights and bidding processes, quite a few clubs, including probably our own, would now be out of business.
    no they wouldn't, the business would just be very different

You're correct,the fans would matter again.

I knocked it on the head with wetherspoons pubs in Dec 2019 when Brexit loving Tories got back in.
    Saved myself a fortune and stopped giving money to the Tory enablers that own both companies.
    You soon get by without the hyped up shite.

We were on the verge of bankruptcy when Sam Hammam left. Take away the approx £200m in tv rights money we earned in the Prem since, plus all the other money from televised games in our promotion years and believe me, the club would no longer exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

We were on the verge of bankruptcy when Sam Hammam left. Take away the approx £200m in tv rights money we earned in the Prem since, plus all the other money from televised games in our promotion years and believe me, the club would no longer exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.
    if no TV deals had ever been struck, there would still be football clubs, just football players would be paid an average wage instead of millions

if no TV deals had ever been struck, there would still be football clubs, just football players would be paid an average wage instead of millions
    He's unable to make that link unfortunately.
    You are wasting your oxygen trying to explain.

You think that the obscene TV money has led to financial security for football ?

I don't. I think it's led to clubs spending like mad to join the big boys who want all the money for themselves .

Of course you have got to be in it to win it but the Premier league is a crock of crooks and I wish it had never started .