+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff woman posts job rejection letter blaming her ‘strong Welsh accent’

Re: Cardiff woman posts job rejection letter blaming her ‘strong Welsh accent’

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    Surely if you owned a company you should be allowed to decide who you want to hire..
    I find some accents grating and hard to understand so i would be trying to avoid employing people with those accents.
    If i applied for a job and didn't get it because of my welsh accent then i'd understand and respect it's their choice.

Attractive girl needs a job. I'm sure she'll get one soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Surely if you owned a company you should be allowed to decide who you want to hire..
    I find some accents grating and hard to understand so i would be trying to avoid employing people with those accents.
    If i applied for a job and didn't get it because of my welsh accent then i'd understand and respect it's their choice.
    Of course you can employ who you want.
    What you can't do though is decide not to employ someone based on something such as sex, nationality, race, marital status, sexual orientation for example. It obviously still goes on, but an employer shouldn't advertise that that was the reason for someone not getting a job.

It's bullshit, I know her and she doesn't have anything nearing a Welsh accent

Fair play to Nation Cymru for doing zero due dillegence as well. She's fairly well known among people involved in Welsh politics so it was incredibly impressive they didn't think to ask anyone if the story was actually true, the same can be said for every other news website that's run with it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Then there is this....
    https://twitter.com/ElunedAnderson/s...39714579755016

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Burn the witch, burn the witch

Feel like she would be applying for Big Brother if it was still on

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Burn the witch, burn the witch

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post

She has a fair set of pie crimpers on her tbf