+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 2 - 1 AUSTRIA. Match thread

Re: WALES v AUSTRIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We go in there before home games, beer’s fine.
    Peter walked out last week, it was shite

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Peter walked out last week, it was shite
    Maybe a one off, it’s one of town’s most popular pubs due to its price structure and the, shall we say, more ‘experienced’ town drinkers frequent it. Drinkers who avoid the pricier piss palaces, piss being the vital word. A lot of ex Borough regulars use it now due a lot to the numerous well sited televisions showing all sports. The Borough hiking the price up to £5 a pint the night of the Friday rugby international didn’t endear them either. Queen’s Vaults is a good shout as well, our post match watering hole, they don’t take the piss there either.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Please tell me you’re not being serious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1MzHdm6H5U

1993 play v Rumania Georgi Hagi opener (Southall clanger), Dean Saunders equaliser, Bodin penalty miss before Rumania winner. Total tragedy.

Wasn't that also the game where some clown fired a flare across the stadium, killing a chap on the other side of the old National Stadium (Arms Park)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1MzHdm6H5U

1993 play v Rumania Georgi Hagi opener (Southall clanger), Dean Saunders equaliser, Bodin penalty miss before Rumania winner. Total tragedy.

Wasn't that also the game where some clown fired a flare across the stadium, killing a chap on the other side of the old National Stadium (Arms Park)?
    Not a shootout though

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Not a shootout though
    Course it wasn’t, not sure what Cowbridge Blue was implying by his pocket sized match report? I thought it was bizarre that a previous poster was suggesting that it was.

Dafydd Iwan is due to be there pre-match to lead Yma o Hyd.
    Should be fantastic.
    Strong, powerful, emotional words

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/yma-o...till-here.html

Considering this is the biggest football game for some time (for me anyway), I totally forgot that it was on tonight.

Usually i'd be buzzing for this for weeks and advance, but something just doesn't feel right

Probably just me mind!

Come on Wales!!!

I'm heading up to Cardiff on my own but if anyone fancies a pre-match pint in somewherelike the Romilly (civilised and not overcrowded) do pipe up

Can finally get excited about this game now i've managed to get tickets.
    Looking for a few pints in the sunshine come on Wales!!!!

looking forward to it, it'll be the first proper football match tonight for my 3 kids, so hopefully it'll be a good memory for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looking forward to it, it'll be the first proper football match tonight for my 3 kids, so hopefully it'll be a good memory for them.
    One of my first football memories was against Romania 92.
    I shouldn't bring that up on a day like today, but hope their memory is a better one than mine!
    Watching Wales has been all good memories for my 12 year old so hopefully that continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm heading up to Cardiff on my own but if anyone fancies a pre-match pint in somewherelike the Romilly (civilised and not overcrowded) do pipe up
    If I had the time I would.

Heavy Polish representation on the referee side. Hope they're not too pro-Austria....

If I had the time I would.
    You just don't love me anymore

By the way, isn't it the case that I was calling you 'Bloop' on here when your nomenclature was still 'Blue Peter'?

I was at the Euro playoff 2nd leg against Russia in 2003. Disappointing performance and result. I remember Earnie was left on the bench and came on much too late.
    Russia should have been kicked out then as well though - one of their players failed a drug test after the 1st leg but played in the second. The WFA took it all the way to CAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You just don't love me anymore

By the way, isn't it the case that I was calling you 'Bloop' on here when your nomenclature was still 'Blue Peter'?
    Quite possibly - that was a long long time ago mind. Not sure I ever loved you, so apologies if I've given that impression. 🙂

Quite possibly - that was a long long time ago mind. Not sure I ever loved you, so apologies if I've given that impression. ��
    You swine!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Considering this is the biggest football game for some time (for me anyway), I totally forgot that it was on tonight.

Usually i'd be buzzing for this for weeks and advance, but something just doesn't feel right

Probably just me mind!

Come on Wales!!!
    I knew because I'd arranged few drinks with my mate but it does feel low key. I was thinking it's a reflection of what's going on in the world and probably more related to the football, the fact the final is so up in the air.

I think the fact its in Qatar puts a big downer on the whole tournament.

Hence the lack of excitement , nerves.

Dont get me wrong. Hope we win and believe we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think the fact its in Qatar puts a big downer on the whole tournament.

Hence the lack of excitement , nerves.

Dont get me wrong. Hope we win and believe we will.
    Also we've got to wait potentially another 6 weeks or so for the next game. Even if we win we can't peak too early.

Also we've got to wait potentially another 6 weeks or so for the next game. Even if we win we can't peak too early.
    The choice of opponents for a warm up game will be important IF we win tonight. Hope I haven't jinxed us!

We are going to lose this aren't we?