+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: WALES 2 - 1 AUSTRIA. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 2 - 1 AUSTRIA. Match thread

We haven’t lost since the Euros. Just sayin’

Who else was at the Racecourse with me at Wrexham in November 1975 when an Arfon Griffiths goal gave us a 1-0 victory and enabled Wales to proceed to the semis of the European Nations? A fantastic atmosphere during the entire game with a crowd of over 27,000. Just as loud as Thursday night I reckon.

Quarter finals Wales reached, I should have written above.

Great atmosphere in the CCS however it might be an advantage to move the final to the Principality Stadium. Just imagine a 75000 red wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Great atmosphere in the CCS however it might be an advantage to move the final to the Principality Stadium. Just imagine a 75000 red wall.
    God no. Everyone is happy with the current set up. History tells us that moving big matches away from a venue where the team has been happy (Ninian Park in 1985 being one such cock up) has had disastrous consequences.

Noooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    God no. Everyone is happy with the current set up. History tells us that moving big matches away from a venue where the team has been happy (Ninian Park in 1985 being one such cock up) has had disastrous consequences.
    This! The players love playing at the CCS. We are unbeaten there in ages. Besides the atmosphere there is better than at the Principality despite less than 50% of the gate. No chance the FAW will switch to the bigger stadium and rightly so.

Are you on a wind up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Are you on a wind up?
    It amazes me that people still can't spot these types of wind ups.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I’ve watched the BBC’s highlights programme a couple of times now and that was one of the things I realised after not really appreciating how well he’d played when I watched it live - that pressing wouldn’t come naturally to him, but he was very effective at it on the night -
    Same here, watching the highlights really brought back just how well both Wilson and James were at disrupting play in the Austrian half and putting Wales on the front foot. For all the stick James had after the game (and I fully admit I was grumbling a fair bit at the game about his finishing too) the 2nd goal game directly from him driving forward and winning a corner from nothing, followed by a very well worked corner from the both of them.

With 40,000 of them wearing sparkly cowboy hats and singing Max Boyce songs !!!!!

F**K RIGHT OFF !!!!!

Football in football stadiums

He/she/it, hasn’t got the sense to know what a “wind up” is

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Great camera angle shown here.
    2nd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Who else was at the Racecourse with me at Wrexham in November 1975 when an Arfon Griffiths goal gave us a 1-0 victory and enabled Wales to proceed to the semis of the European Nations? A fantastic atmosphere during the entire game with a crowd of over 27,000. Just as loud as Thursday night I reckon.
    I was there, drove up in an old mini. Was a great atmosphere from what I remember from a lifetime ago.

No, No a thousands times No. The old days of the FAW would have jumped at the chance to do a stroke like that, should they ever try and pull a similar stunt, the City should tell them to piss off should they ever want to use our ground again.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No, No a thousands times No. The old days of the FAW would have jumped at the chance to do a stroke like that, should they ever try and pull a similar stunt, the City should tell them to piss off should they ever want to use our ground again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    With 40,000 of them wearing sparkly cowboy hats and singing Max Boyce songs !!!!!

F**K RIGHT OFF !!!!!

Football in football stadiums

He/she/it, hasn’t got the sense to know what a “wind up” is
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Are you on a wind up?
    I rest my case

HELL NO