+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ash Barty.

Ash Barty.

World number one, Wimbledon and Australian Open Champion Ash Barty has announced her retirement from tennis at twenty five - good on her, sounds, like a lot of us, she doesn't have the "focus" for a long term career in top level sports even if she does have the talent.

https://news.sky.com/story/ash-barty...of-25-12573113

Re: Ash Barty.

Probably a bit too young to be a proper retirement from the game, I expect she will at some point return, hopefully with no regrets.

Bet her coach is ain't happy!

Yes, I expect a "return"

Maybe she thinks that winning the Aussie Open is an achievement that can never be surpassed and it's affected her motivation?
    Who knows, but good luck to her. Shame though as the woman's game needs a top player across all surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe she thinks that winning the Aussie Open is an achievement that can never be surpassed and it's affected her motivation?
    Who knows, but good luck to her. Shame though as the woman's game needs a top player across all surfaces.
    According to a report on the radio this morning, she suffers from depression - and being constantly on tour and under pressure must be incredibly taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    According to a report on the radio this morning, she suffers from depression - and being constantly on tour and under pressure must be incredibly taxing.
    A year of not being able to travel, followed by a year of living out of a suitcase probably gave her time to reflect on what's best for her.

They are all twatty posh spoilt brats love

Believe me you are best off out of it

Fair play to her, she's earned 40 odd million from tennis, and won't need to work again.
    She could continue to slog around the tour for another 5-8 years, and possibly give herself health issues in later life, or she can retire now and enjoy her life.

I wish I could!

shes a very good cricketer who played in the big bash a few years back and also got her golf handicap down to almost scratch in the last few years so perhaps shes going to concentrate on one of those sports in the next few years