+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Year Today Lockdown Anniversary What Don't We Miss

2 Year Today Lockdown Anniversary What Don't We Miss

Just a few :

Chin wearing masks

Celebrities singing Imagine

Madonna bath petal tube video saying the virus is the 'great equaliser'.

Competitive Hand Clapping ( did mine privately in the back garden away for the street )

And on a serous notes those dreadful excessive deaths

Re: 2 Year Today Lockdown Anniversary What Don't We Miss

Took down a picture of a rainbow from my front window only last week

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Took down a picture of a rainbow from my front window only last week
    I hope that you've replaced it with a Ukraine flag. It's only proper.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just a few :

Chin wearing masks

Competitive Hand Clapping ( did mine privately in the back garden away for the street )

Worrying myself sick about my daugther working in the NHS without proper PPE whilst people arguing the toss if it's real or not

I don't miss any of it whatsoever. The first week was alright for a novelty. The rest was horrific.

I certainly don't miss watching football on TV with no fans or friends birthdays with us all on zoom with a couple of beers from co op pretending we are having a nice time

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't miss any of it whatsoever. The first week was alright for a novelty. The rest was horrific.

I certainly don't miss watching football on TV with no fans or friends birthdays with us all on zoom with a couple of beers from co op pretending we are having a nice time
    Going on zoom with a can of lager, for a friends birthday is a low point. Horrific.

Dickheads more concerned with the economy than people's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I hope that you've replaced it with a Ukraine flag. It's only proper.
    My neighbour has a 6ft x 4ft 🇺🇦 in her front window. If Putin can see it she could become a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Worrying myself sick about my daugther working in the NHS without proper PPE whilst people arguing the toss if it's real or not
    This is true… like why tf do people deny it? Are they stupid or in this case too privileged?

I think a worry for me was if it was going to be harder to find a job when the pandemic happened. I had interviews cancelled but luckily I do not need to worry about that anymore

My neighbour has a 6ft x 4ft 🇺🇦 in her front window. If Putin can see it she could become a target.
    We need to defend her. I reckon we could do s deal with Boris for a few rocket launchers and anti tank missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We need to defend her. I reckon we could do s deal with Boris for a few rocket launchers and anti tank missiles.
    If I was to cover it with Russian flag would she be safer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Dickheads more concerned with the economy than people's lives.

If you had your own business with bills to pay and a workforce to protect, you may think slightly differently.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If you had your own business with bills to pay and a workforce to protect, you may think slightly differently.
    No I wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No I wouldn’t.
    Why is that then , is it because it wouldn’t affect you on a day to day basis ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why is that then , is it because it wouldn’t affect you on a day to day basis ?
    No, I just think in the eternal conflict of priorities between people and money, the former should always come first. I accept that’s naive in many ways, but the pandemic made me even more sure that I’m right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I just think in the eternal conflict of priorities between people and money, the former should always come first. I accept that’s naive in many ways, but the pandemic made me even more sure that I’m right.

In principle you are correct, however , in reality , its not so simple for most, unfortunately. Thankfully I don’t think we will see that level of lockdown ever again (for a virus at least)

banana bread!

I need a haircut!

The plandemic threads

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The plandemic threads
    yeah, and some posters losing their shit. In fairness, whenever something 'Big' happens we have a nice little crew of experts on here. Military tactics, Single Turbo Prop Planes, Viruses etc, we are spoilt for knowledge.

I do miss the roads being as quiet as Christmas Day, getting to work was a doddle.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just a few :

Chin wearing masks

Trying to get all the fares back for the games in Baku and Rome.

Message Board experts telling us as it started that it was no worse than a cold.

Message Board experts telling us latterly that it is no worse than a cold.

160,000 people dying in the UK alone between those two years despite all the restrictions put in place.

Attending the funeral of my father in law with nine other socially distanced family members.

Oh yeah, and on a frivolous note having to wear masks properly to avoid infection for others.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    This is true… like why tf do people deny it? Are they stupid or in this case too privileged?

I think a worry for me was if it was going to be harder to find a job when the pandemic happened. I had interviews cancelled but luckily I do not need to worry about that anymore
    Hopefully it worked out for you and you can move on and it's not impacted on you to seriously

From other contributions in this post then I'm assuming they are doing okay as the responses are juvenile at best and ignoring the original question

But then this board is a bit of a clique

Hopefully it worked out for you and you can move on and it's not impacted on you to seriously

From other contributions in this post then I'm assuming they are doing okay as the responses are juvenile at best and ignoring the original question

You thought the OP phrased the original question in an adult way that would trigger a reasoned discussion?

Thanks, I found a good job ultimately and I am doing very well in terms of my career. Only thing I need to worry (and not much tbh) is progression