+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not now, bird flu!

Not now, bird flu!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60631382

People are being advised to avoid touching or feeding birds at a city park after several have died with suspected bird flu.

Re: Not now, bird flu!

The ambiguous report: "People are being advised to avoid touching or feeding birds at a city park (Roath) after several have died with suspected bird flu."

Mrs Cyclops has just returned from a visit to Roath Park after feeding the ducks/swans. She touches them. I began reading this report aloud. She ran around a bit and then collapsed. It was only after she revived a little that I was able to reassure her that it was the birds which had died with suspected bird flu and not 'people'

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    The ambiguous report: "People are being advised to avoid touching or feeding birds at a city park (Roath) after several have died with suspected bird flu."

Mrs Cyclops has just returned from a visit to Roath Park after feeding the ducks/swans. She touches them. I began reading this report aloud. She ran around a bit and then collapsed. It was only after she revived a little that I was able to reassure her that it was the birds which had died with suspected bird flu and not 'people'
    Hahaha, that is genuinely funny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60853599

An outbreak of avian flu is believed to have killed more than 30 birds at a city park.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

An outbreak of avian flu is believed to have killed more than 30 birds at a city park.
    Been around a while now. Hopefully it's 30 seagulls or pigeons but I doubt it.
    Since this week you can't buy free range eggs as no birds have been kept outside.

Apparently a dead goose tested positive for it last month. Surely if one had tested positive, they'd have had a ganders at the other geese?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Apparently a dead goose tested positive for it last month. Surely if one had tested positive, they'd have had a ganders at the other geese?
    Did it have underlying health problems?

Don't get suckered in with these avian plandemics!

It's all part of an evil masterplan for world domination!

Get ready for the Great Goose Reset.

Anybody feeding those birds should be up before the beak.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did it have underlying health problems?

Don't get suckered in with these avian plandemics!

It's all part of an evil masterplan for world domination!

Get ready for the Great Goose Reset.
    If a bird tested positive more than 28 days before it died, is that still included in the stats?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If a bird tested positive more than 28 days before it died, is that still included in the stats?

We’re any of the avians in care facilities at the time they died

Two jabs and a rooster will sort it out.

too many gems to acknowledge individually so it's a group from me. You'd have got £10 a pop when Readers Digest was in its heyday!

Is that where they hang out these days? It used to be the Top Rank back in my day

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    too many gems to acknowledge individually so it's a group from me. You'd have got £10 a pop when Readers Digest was in its heyday!
    True - too many good puns, so i'm ducking out.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    True - too many good puns, so i'm ducking out.
    You cannot just swan off like that!!!!

I walk around the lake regularly and, whilst there are signs up, people are still feeding the wildfowl.There appear to be so few staff there that any sort of enforcement is not possible. The only staff I've seen there recently are giving the pedalos a lick of paint prior to the opening of the Boatstage. A couple of weeks ago I saw a Ranger pulling a dead swan out of the lake and last week I saw a swan that was evidently not well being pecked on the neck by its mate who seemed to be trying to get it up on its feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I walk around the lake regularly and, whilst there are signs up, people are still feeding the wildfowl.There appear to be so few staff there that any sort of enforcement is not possible. The only staff I've seen there recently are giving the pedalos a lick of paint prior to the opening of the Boatstage. A couple of weeks ago I saw a Ranger pulling a dead swan out of the lake and last week I saw a swan that was evidently not well being pecked on the neck by its mate who seemed to be trying to get it up on its feet.

Those Rangers fans are evil, didn’t the parkie see him?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Those Rangers fans are evil, didn’t the parkie see him?
    Those were the days when there was such a thing as a Parkie wandering around wearing a peaked cap and telling you to keep off the grass

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anybody feeding those birds should be up before the beak.
    Eider thought that was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Eider thought that was obvious.
    Good effort!