+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Hammam

Sam Hammam

The following message was sent out to Trust members earlier this morning;-

"SAM HAMMAM
    We wanted to make members aware that Trust chair, Keith Morgan, was recently invited to a meeting by former Cardiff City owner, Sam Hammam.

The chairman accepted the invitation and gave the club senior management prior notice of the meeting. They did not respond before the meeting which took place in Penarth.

Keith met Sam Hammam with a view to ensuring his relationship with Cardiff City Football Club was now purely limited to the status of a fan. He is also no longer a shareholder of our club.

The Trust is delighted that a satisfactory settlement between Sam Hammam and the club has been reached and that it ends his formal involvement with Cardiff City. We believe that this is in the best interests of both the club and fans moving forward."

Re: Sam Hammam

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

"SAM HAMMAM
    We wanted to make members aware that Trust chair, Keith Morgan, was recently invited to a meeting by former Cardiff City owner, Sam Hammam.

The chairman accepted the invitation and gave the club senior management prior notice of the meeting. They did not respond before the meeting which took place in Penarth.

Keith met Sam Hammam with a view to ensuring his relationship with Cardiff City Football Club was now purely limited to the status of a fan. He is also no longer a shareholder of our club.

The Trust is delighted that a satisfactory settlement between Sam Hammam and the club has been reached and that it ends his formal involvement with Cardiff City. We believe that this is in the best interests of both the club and fans moving forward."
    Surprised to see the words Hamman and him being a fan in the same sentence

"SAM HAMMAM

Pointless??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Surprised to see the words Hamman and him being a fan in the same sentence
    Agreed he's no fan he's poison.

"SAM HAMMAM

We all know that a satisfactory settlement between Sam Hammam and the club has been reached and that it ends his formal involvement with Cardiff City.
    We all know his relationship with Cardiff City Football Club was now purely limited to the status of a fan.
    So what was the real reason are there any recordings or minutes from this meeting?
    Who was in attendance?
    What has been wrote above is already well known even if it wasn't it would only take a few minutes phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We all know that a satisfactory settlement between Sam Hammam and the club has been reached and that it ends his formal involvement with Cardiff City.
    We all know his relationship with Cardiff City Football Club was now purely limited to the status of a fan.
    So what was the real reason are there any recordings or minutes from this meeting?
    Who was in attendance?
    What has been wrote above is already well known even if it wasn't it would only take a few minutes phone call.
    It wasn't well known to me, all I knew was that there had been a settlement.

It wasn't well known to me, all I knew was that there had been a settlement.
    Wouldn't put it passed him wanting one of his puppets on the trust..

From what I can gather from Keith, the invite was out of the blue at short notice. He went along out of curiosity. The meeting was informal. He left the meeting wondering if it was worth it but happy that any formal link between Hammam and the club is now severed. It’s useful to know he is no longer a shareholder . The description of Hammam being just a fan, apparently are his words. In terms of who was there apparently it was only 3 and it does not take much imagination who one of the other 2 might be.

Out of curiosity, how many games has Sam the super fan been to in recent years? I can recall one about 6 years ago away to Reading.

I’m sure he will be back trying to get another few pennies out the club when he thinks he can.

Who was in attendance?
    Who gives a shit, Stan? He's gone, never to return. I would bet that it was Sam who wanted a meeting. Not sure why the Trust entertained him, but there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who gives a shit, Stan? He's gone, never to return. I would bet that it was Sam who wanted a meeting. Not sure why the Trust entertained him, but there we go.
    A fan is he… goodness me

Just out of interest, did anyone ask why he thought he was justified in suing the club; what he actually had in mind with his vice-presidency? Or did everyone (understandably) want to avoid even more bullshit and draw a line under everything?

I bet Keith paid for the coffee’s after the meeting.😂

A new inner circle is being formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    From what I can gather from Keith, the invite was out of the blue at short notice. He went along out of curiosity. The meeting was informal. He left the meeting wondering if it was worth it but happy that any formal link between Hammam and the club is now severed. It’s useful to know he is no longer a shareholder . The description of Hammam being just a fan, apparently are his words. In terms of who was there apparently it was only 3 and it does not take much imagination who one of the other 2 might be.
    If the invite was short notice he should have refused it.
    I’m sure Sam didn’t invite a trust chairman to Penarth just to say I’m just a fan now.
    It wreaks of bullshit and I’m sure there was a different reason.
    But us fans won’t know due to it being a selective chosen few in attendance.
    One word.Dodgy.

Scam is now just a mosquito and has given up the title of head leech

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The 'report' from the Trust lacks detail. Reports of meetings usually contain details of venue, attendees, agenda, Q&A etc. It sounds typical Hammam smoke and mirrors and the vagueness of details does nothing for the Trust's credit

He’s a smelly ****ing turd that just won’t flush. Scum.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The 'report' from the Trust lacks detail. Reports of meetings usually contain details of venue, attendees, agenda, Q&A etc. It sounds typical Hammam smoke and mirrors and the vagueness of details does nothing for the Trust's credit
    I tend to agree with you, although i don't think that it discredits the trust. I can remember when England sacked Roy Hodgson, and the FA made him do a press conference the day after his sacking. Hodgson commented by saying 'I don't know why i am here' Very true i thought, he was yesterdays news, no longer relevant, same as Hammam. I'm certain that whatever was said could've been conducted over the phone, or preferably not at all. It's no big deal in the scheme of things, but putting out a message of an informal meeting with someone to tell us that he is no longer involved is a bit odd. Just send a text message and save on the fuel.

Why would the trust accept a meeting with someone no longer connected to the club? There was a settlement and I would think it includes some sort of non-disclosure, so why does he feel the need to open up a dialogue as soon as he has reached that settlement ?(for the full £15m according to elsewhere).
    If Sam wanted to let the world know he's just a fan, just release a statement on Instagram or twitter like the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I genuinely don't get the fuss about this. Now, if Keith had gone to the meeting and had not informed Trust members about it, that would be a different matter, but maybe the reason why there's not a great deal of detail was that it was just an informal get together in which the club was discussed in the way so many of us do when we meet?

I'm surprised by the degree of apparent paranoia Sam Hamman can still provoke among City fans considering that he is now very much yesterday's man.

I genuinely don't get the fuss about this. Now, if Keith had gone to the meeting and had not informed Trust members about it, that would be a different matter, but maybe the reason why there's not a great deal of detail was that it was just an informal get together in which the club was discussed in the way so many of us do when we meet?

I'm surprised by the degree of apparent paranoia Sam Hamman can still provoke among City fans considering that he is now very much yesterday's man.
    There was no need to meet for what has been quoted.
    I believe there was more to it. No doubt thinks the trust is another way for him and his minions to get at the club.
    Sam was thought to be a yesterdays man in the past only for him to pop up and to demand cash from my club..
    I don't think this vague meeting will have done Keith and the trust any favours with the club.
    Formal get together? Yeah right

I dont think there is that much fuss Bob.

Youve posted a message on the site. Your going to get opinions.

I agree with Lisvane and Tuerto. I dont see why there was a meeting.

I think ignoring his request for a meeting or declining would have been a better option.

Dont think it damages the Trust though.

Its not really a big issue. Lets just hope its really the end of Sam suing the club.

Time to move on.

There was no need to meet for what has been quoted. I believe there was more to it. No doubt thinks the trust is another way for him and his minions to get at the club.
    I think that's nonsense. I doubt Sam Hammam knows much about the Trust or cares about it either. He's known Keith Morgan for something like 16 or 17 years, and knew him long before the Trust existed. He always enjoyed Keith's company, particularly as Keith is a knowledgeable individual and would give him a good grilling regarding the club's financial dealings. The fact that Keith is now Chairman of the Trust is almost certainly of no interest to Sam Hammam.