+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best atmosphere at the CCS

Re: Best atmosphere at the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It wasn't all standing I don't think, mainly the Canton side which I assume was mainly people who are normally in the Canton but couldn't get tickets there
    I was far end of the Ninian stand, half way up the lower tier. Was definitely all standing

Best atmosphere in the ground I’ve seen for a City match is a toss up between the Palace Semi Final and the Leicester Play Off game, but, as Pearcey says, Belgium in 2015 is the best I’ve experienced- if last night was better than that, it was something special.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Best atmosphere in the ground I’ve seen for a City match is a toss up between the Palace Semi Final and the Leicester Play Off game, but, as Pearcey says, Belgium in 2015 is the best I’ve experienced- if last night was better than that, it was something special.
    I thought Belgium was better tbh. Even though it was a lesser game by definition it felt more complete. Last night for me at the end felt a bit like half time or the first leg was over etc. The final will be something else

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Belgium 2015 , superb atmosphere plus Belgium fans were great as well and it was a stadium record attendance

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I was far end of the Ninian stand, half way up the lower tier. Was definitely all standing
    From where I was sat, middle of the Grandstand, I can confirm it was the two ends of the Ninian that were standing. They were sitting in the middle sectons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    From where I was sat, middle of the Grandstand, I can confirm it was the two ends of the Ninian that were standing. They were sitting in the middle sectons.
    Ah there we go. Cheers!

I had a few rows of kids behind me - all blowing their f***ing horns (last minute panic on purchasing the tickets meant I ended up somehow in the corner of the Grandstand/Family stand). Didn't quite spoil a fantastic evening/atmos but came close.

For anyone who didn't see or hear Yma O Hyd, or for anyone who wants to watch it again (and again), here you go-

https://youtu.be/emPhXdwhQoE

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    For anyone who didn't see or hear Yma O Hyd, or for anyone who wants to watch it again (and again), here you go-

https://youtu.be/emPhXdwhQoE
    I missed the bl**dy game last night...! Brilliant rendition!! wouldnt it be great id City AND Swans fans could sing this when we meet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I missed the bl**dy game last night...! Brilliant rendition!! wouldnt it be great id City AND swans could sing this when we meet!!
    No, just at the Wales games is fine

Aye this. We always used to stand at the Grange end of the Ninian as it’s next to the away support (for City) but then the sit down police arrived. Like old times last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Aye this. We always used to stand at the Grange end of the Ninian as it’s next to the away support (for City) but then the sit down police arrived. Like old times last night.
    Really annoys me that does. When we first went CCS I was pleased there was atmosphere in two parts of the ground and it's just been stamped out there, whilst admittedly being actively encouraged in the canton stand, but still, it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    "More like a rave" according to one of the Sky commentators last night. We're on holiday (arranged before the fixture came out). Sods Law says we'll be away for the rearranged play off final. One of those nights you had to be there.
    Towards the end of the game the crowd sang the anthem, as the players were flagging. It sounded violently loud on the telly. To their credit, the commentators stopped talking for a bit while it was happening.

God I wish I'd got my arse in gear and sorted a ticket.

First Team

We didn't get Dafydd Iwan on ESPN's coverage. Anyone got a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    We didn't get Dafydd Iwan on ESPN's coverage. Anyone got a link to it?
    See Bloop’s post at 17.03.

Link in The Bloops post above. Note the tears towards the end. More than he was expecting I think.

(Oops sorry TOBW, too slow typing!}

Brilliant atmosphere last night. As was the Belgium game of 2015.
    Spedger

I thought the atmosphere in the ground when we beat the jacks by chopras late winner was pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought the atmosphere in the ground when we beat the jacks by chopras late winner was pretty good
    It sure was. I think most of us stayed in the ground for 15 minutes after the full time whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It sure was. I think most of us stayed in the ground for 15 minutes after the full time whistle.
    As did the players

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As did the players
    It was a strange game that they dominated, scored from a Marshall mistake. We levelled against the run of play. Could have lost it when Van Der Gun shot straight at Marshall. They started to sing "You'll Never Beat the Jacks", then Wildig's header fell straight to Chopra who couldn't miss. They'd had the bragging rights for 2 years. We pinched it, undeservedly, from them.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Belgium 2015 , superb atmosphere plus Belgium fans were great as well and it was a stadium record attendance
    The Belgian fans were brilliant. Very noisy but respectful and sporting. En route to the game I was driving on the M4 wearing my Wales top. I was overtaken by some Belgian fans who stuck up a card saying 2-5 to them. I gave them the thumbs down and they laughed. A great night.

That’s right, the middle section was civilised and didn’t feel the need to obstruct others’ view. I agree that last night was certainly in the top couple of atmospheres there has been in the CCS.

Theres been a lot of brilliant atmospheres at the CCS.

Thursday sounded great after the 1st goal. Sounded a bit nervy before that

Spoilt by that Max Boyce song though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres been a lot of brilliant atmospheres at the CCS.

Thursday sounded great after the 1st goal. Sounded a bit nervy before that

Spoilt by that Max Boyce song though.
    Not that many considering how long it's been open!

Leicester Playoff
    2-1 Jacks game
    Belgium 2015
    Thursday night

they're the ones that stand out, I'm sure there's others that I've missed or were good but didn't quite hit the heights of those 4 examples