+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could we realistically sign Gareth Bale next summer?

Re: Could we realistically sign Gareth Bale next summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why does everyone seem to think bake is finished, or he's going to retire straight after the world cup.
    he's still capable of playing at the top level. he was one of spurs best players when he went there on loan.
    I dont think he will be short of offers at all
    His injury record, that simple. If he worked for the public sector, There'd be people on here spitting feathers over his sickness record, and on full pay

Just left a pub after four drinking where two fellas are convinced the deal is done , backed up by two bookies short odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why does everyone seem to think bake is finished, or he's going to retire straight after the world cup.
    he's still capable of playing at the top level. he was one of spurs best players when he went there on loan.
    I dont think he will be short of offers at all
    No one is saying he's finished. He seems incapable of playing a full season though. I think he has his sights set firmly on the World Cup and I don't expect him to do anything to jeopardize that.

let's say he could get an offer from a premier League club for a season at ,£150k a week.
    and we could maybe stretch to £20k a week?
    could be way out but just for an example.

that would mean that he'd be effectively paying about £6 million quid a year to play for us.

he'd have to want to play for is a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would think more likely is Gareth Bale to sign us

He would be off his head to play for a championship team he doesn’t even support Cardiff
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...veals-20030557

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    His injury record, that simple. If he worked for the public sector, There'd be people on here spitting feathers over his sickness record, and on full pay
    F*ck! They'd spontaneously combust!

"He just doesn't want the Wales fans to boo him". Ha ha ha! Can you imagine a Cardiff player being afraid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dembe, Dembe, Dembe it’s me that writing him the letter, let's just get him signed first. Once he’s through the door I’ll let you loose then with terms & conditions
    I couldn't see such a talent in this league, for that reason I'm out.

only if he brings Rambo home aswell

they can play the 1st 1/2 of the games, that'll do for me

He should never play at Championship level.
    That's for him to decide really, but I sort of disagree. I know what you mean- an elite player like that cheapens themselves by dropping down the ranks as they age. But bale has won everything at club level that there is to win, and he seems confident enough to recognise that his elite says are done. No doubt he could help a side win another domestic league or European club competition, but so what? He's already done that. With the few years of top level football left, what can he do to add to his existing CV? Taking his home town team from the championship doldrums back to the premier League might have more appeal than one more tilt at another champions League medal, and might set him up for another decade in the game in a city and a country he clearly has a genuine affinity with.

These are romantic notions, but Bellamy did it. I don't think its that crazy.... I can see how it might happen.

If we qualify for the World Cup he will be looking for a short term contract to stay fit for the tournament
    If we don't qualify he will retire
    Also he will not be turning pro golf as he cannot be dealing with all the travelling

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    That's for him to decide really, but I sort of disagree. I know what you mean- an elite player like that cheapens themselves by dropping down the ranks as they age. But bale has won everything at club level that there is to win, and he seems confident enough to recognise that his elite says are done. No doubt he could help a side win another domestic league or European club competition, but so what? He's already done that. With the few years of top level football left, what can he do to add to his existing CV? Taking his home town team from the championship doldrums back to the premier League might have more appeal than one more tilt at another champions League medal, and might set him up for another decade in the game in a city and a country he clearly has a genuine affinity with.

These are romantic notions, but Bellamy did it. I don't think its that crazy.... I can see how it might happen.

Nah, for me, it would be like Richard Burton doing a xmas season of Panto, just plain wrong

Nah, for me, it would be like Richard Burton doing a xmas season of Panto, just plain wrong
    https://nation.cymru/culture/the-lov...anto-in-wales/

Robbie Fowler also did it, JFH did it, John Charles did it, even Kevin Ratcliffe did it ….

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Robbie Fowler also did it, JFH did it, John Charles did it, even Kevin Ratcliffe did it ….
    And John Aldridge, there's a case building here, Des.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    And John Aldridge, there's a case building here, Des.
    Gerry Francis

Bobby Moore, George Best, Alan Mullery, Wayne Rooney, Peter Shilton, about twenty times

Roberto Carlos the other week

for https://www.gambling.com/news/gareth...g-odds-3047500

Antonio Conte will have his own ideas of what his squad needs, and he will not be shy in letting his superiors know if he does not deem Bale a good fit. Odds of 2/1 on the best betting sites should therefore be taken with a degree of caution.

Cardiff City Are Shock Second-Favourites To Sign Bale
    Cardiff City do not sign players from Real Madrid very often, and you will not find their name mentioned in connection to other four-time Champions League winners.

Yet Bale is a unique case, and various comments he has made in the last year or so have given the impression that he has something unusual up his sleeve.

“It just has to happen after the Euros,” Bale told Sky Sports when quizzed about his future towards the end of his time on loan at Tottenham. “I know what I'm doing but it'll just cause chaos if I say anything now.”

I'd like to see him sign for Atleti or Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I'd like to see him sign for Atleti or Barcelona.
    Would be hilarious

Not sure it always works out when players come back.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not sure it always works out when players come back.