+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Could we realistically sign Gareth Bale next summer?

Re: Could we realistically sign Gareth Bale next summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Can you imagine the extra "bums-on-seats" with Bale's signing!!
    I do wonder if we went for it and invested in both Bales and Ramsey with the extra footfall and merchandising would it make sense if it got you up ??

( Up in the premiership way obviously )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do wonder if we went for it and invested in both Bales and Ramsey with the extra footfall and merchandising would it make sense if it got you up ??
    undoubtedly IF it got us promoted, there would be no guarantees though

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Can you imagine the extra "bums-on-seats" with Bale's signing!!
    Season ticket sales would rocket, particularly in the family stand I’d imagine, kids would be plaguing their mams & dads to get the chance to see him. First home game would sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Lots of money gone on him over the weekend

Gone from 8/1, to 6/4
    That doesn't mean a lot of money has been wagered. Transfer markets are small and the bookies take no chances for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That doesn't mean a lot of money has been wagered. Transfer markets are small and the bookies take no chances for obvious reasons.
    I wonder if bookies raise false flag odds' shortening to get the innocent to jump on a price as it shortens

I wonder if bookies raise false flag odds' shortening to get the innocent to jump on a price as it shortens
    It's possible, but they keep a tight rein on those markets anyway due to the likelihood of being stung by inside information. Pretty sure they limit the stakes as a rule, so it doesn't take much money for the markets to move.

I just had a look at SkyBet - Spurs are now 11/8 favourites, City are now 3/1 and available at 5/1 elsewhere.

( Up in the premiership way obviously )
    *got US up

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Cannot believe there are people here saying they wouldn’t want one of the best if not the best British player off all time who just happens to be from this City playing for Cardiff when he clearly still has so much to offer.

It’s f**king mad.
    Playing in the Championship is where a few had the issue, I believe. I may he wrong but I don't recall anyone stating cardiff, me and tuerto were 2 that said he shouldn't play in the Championship.

Bale will do what gives him the biggest buzz. He's got plenty of money and clearly understands the value of a smile and adoring fans.

Anything is possible!