+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 4 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    3-0 Cardiff
    So close.

So so angry about that performance. Not teams done the double in more than 80 years and we give up the record with a disgraceful display like that.

The tactics were a ****ing joke. They only play one way, knock.the ball across the back for 90 minutes. How do we respond? Half arsed pressing in ones and twos letting them cut us to ribbons.

The one thing I don't think the players really get is how hard it is as a fan having to sit there and listen to those ***** crowing for 90 minutes and put up with their songs about that shit show for how many years now. ****ing disgraceful

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 4 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Weak as ****. No one looked like they cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    The away end has unfurled a banner that reads '110 years. 1 double. SCFC'
    Actually that's not strictly true.

this is the flag they unfurled:

doube.jpg

even in their finest moment

EDIT for those who couldn't see the photo

https://twitter.com/EvanPowell03/sta...1OWeOvtV0S_Wfw

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Actually that's not strictly true.

this is the flag they unfurled:

doube.jpg

even in their finest moment

EDIT for those who couldn't see the photo

https://twitter.com/EvanPowell03/sta...1OWeOvtV0S_Wfw

It actually reads DOUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He gets it, the problem is that he only has one way of playing. If our wing backs are pegged back then we are in trouble.
    Wing backs??
    You seem to know your stuff from your posts but can't you see that our "wing backs" were pegged back because we played with five at the back. Not wing backs!

Inviting a team on against a side who likes to be on the ball was a catastrophic error of judgement by SM
    Get into em, take man and ball wherever possible and get in their faces showing that you are up for the fight!

We are playing at home, albeit after losing away to them, but with a completely different team and mindset, and off the back of a top four run of games.
    This Swansea team were a mere couple of points in front of us, and rightly so having checked their stats of 80 percent possession and one shot on target!
    They had been given a roasting many times since we played them by teams who had obviously done their due diligence.

I honestly thought that come half time Morison would have something up his sleeve such was our abject performance.

Four goals to nil may well have been bearable had we had a go at the "south Wales Liverpool" but the manner in which we succumbed was beyond embarrassing.

We should all be in no doubt who is to blame and, besides a decent enough record since his tenure, he has a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It actually reads DOUBE
    It is hard to write with six fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    The away end has unfurled a banner that reads '110 years. 1 double. SCFC'
    110 years sounds better than 60 or so league games, which says more about the frequency of this derby than anything else.

This game has come to feel like one our players and club just don’t seem to value in the same way as them lot down west for the last 15 or so years since we started playing regularly again. In a perverse way I’m almost relieved (if that’s even the word) that mile stone has passed. One less historic factor riding on it from now on.

Glad I didn’t have to listen to the second half and was having a few jars at the pub with mates instead. The notifications coming through on the phone were a little easier to take with gallows humour. Lowest league finish in I don’t know how long, clean sweep against the wurzels and the jacks. What a crap ol’ season ‘ey! 😅

The most disgraceful performance in the clubs history. Morrison out and he can take that shower of shit with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    The most disgraceful performance in the clubs history. Morrison out and he can take that shower of shit with him.
    Judging from your name your view isn't surprising

Apparently we had 49 percent possession.
    I thought we had a lot less. We were living of scrap's

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wing backs??
    You seem to know your stuff from your posts but can't you see that our "wing backs" were pegged back because we played with five at the back. Not wing backs!

Inviting a team on against a side who likes to be on the ball was a catastrophic error of judgement by SM
    Get into em, take man and ball wherever possible and get in their faces showing that you are up for the fight!

We are playing at home, albeit after losing away to them, but with a completely different team and mindset, and off the back of a top four run of games.
    This Swansea team were a mere couple of points in front of us, and rightly so having checked their stats of 80 percent possession and one shot on target!
    They had been given a roasting many times since we played them by teams who had obviously done their due diligence.

I honestly thought that come half time Morison would have something up his sleeve such was our abject performance.

Four goals to nil may well have been bearable had we had a go at the "south Wales Liverpool" but the manner in which we succumbed was beyond embarrassing.

We should all be in no doubt who is to blame and, besides a decent enough record since his tenure, he has a lot to learn.
    We play with three at the back, the rest i completely agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It actually reads DOUBE
    Erm, yes I know, that's why I posted it with a laughing smiley

The least Derby like Derby ever.
    Morison got it wrong from start to finish. Had he never seen them play before?
    Joe Ralls 0/10 atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The least Derby like Derby ever.
    Morison got it wrong from start to finish. Had he never seen them play before?
    Joe Ralls 0/10 atrocious.
    Ralls is always shit in derbies, gets too "up for it" and his game suffers. Doyle did the same today

In fact all the "we don't get it/not enough passion" stuff is farcical in my view. Only one team were putting in the crowd pleasing derby day tackles and it wasn't Swansea. They came with a plan and executed it well

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    So so angry about that performance. Not teams done the double in more than 80 years and we give up the record with a disgraceful display like that.

The tactics were a ****ing joke. They only play one way, knock.the ball across the back for 90 minutes. How do we respond? Half arsed pressing in ones and twos letting them cut us to ribbons.

The one thing I don't think the players really get is how hard it is as a fan having to sit there and listen to those ***** crowing for 90 minutes and put up with their songs about that shit show for how many years now. ****ing disgraceful
    Why not sing louder than them?

I suspect for Morison this was just another game rather than from the fans perspective THE game of the season. This attitude rubs off on the players, hence the 100% commitment isn't there. I've 40+ years of supporting City. Can you imagine a team with the likes of say Dwyer, Perry, Kavanagh or Chopra in it capitulating as this shower did today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I suspect for Morison this was just another game rather than from the fans perspective THE game of the season. This attitude rubs off on the players, hence the 100% commitment isn't there. I've 40+ years of supporting City. Can you imagine a team with the likes of say Dwyer, Perry, Kavanagh or Chopra in it capitulating as this shower did today?
    Fans would have you believe Dave Jones wasn't up for these games, yet Chopra said otherwise pre match today.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Fans would have you believe Dave Jones wasn't up for these games, yet Chopra said otherwise pre match today.
    I guess he would say that indeed! Morison is a north London boy and spent practically all of his footballing career in England. Hence I suspect he has no concept of the importance of the Swansea derby.

I guess he would say that indeed! Morison is a north London boy and spent practically all of his footballing career in England. Hence I suspect he has no concept of the importance of the Swansea derby.
    Wheres the Swansea gaffer from?

Eddie May was a cockney, he would never have accepted that performance

I'm so angry, I don't know what to say. I could say a number of stupid, reactionary things. I maybe care less about these derbies than I used to, but 0-4 at home? WTF?

We were bloody awful .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm so angry, I don't know what to say. I could say a number of stupid, reactionary things. I maybe care less about these derbies than I used to, but 0-4 at home? WTF?

Maybe we should have played with 5 centrebacks, seeing as we “only” lost by 3-0 doing that! 😜