+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Gareth Bale signed for City………….

If Gareth Bale signed for City………….

(and I would rate it very unlikely), how many of our forty six league games do you reckon he’d be.in the squad for? My guess would be between a third and a half. Would that be enough in the event of the finances being acceptable for both sides? I think it might.

Re: If Gareth Bale signed for City………….

It’s not “if”, it’s “WHEN”

It would be absolutely amazing if it happened. Between a third and half would be awesome. Imagine seeing him in a City shirt. Makes the hairs on my neck stand up just thinking about it. For now, I'll just have to settle for my pretend Cardiff team on FIFA 22.

If affordable then anything around a third of matches would be worth it surely. Match winner even when not match fit.

Assuming he'd be in line with the rest of the squad I'd imagine the merch sales, ticket sales alone would cover a fair amount.

Does he want to take quite a drastic pay cut though, I mean considering what he has been earning, even a high champ wage is almost volunteering for him. Does he want to play for us at all? Does he that bad? I'm not convinced.

This is a bit like the pub talk of if you could shag Pamela Anderson do you think she would be great in the sack

The answer is - it ain't going to happen but its a lovely fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    (and I would rate it very unlikely), how many of our forty six league games do you reckon he’d be.in the squad for? My guess would be between a third and a half. Would that be enough in the event of the finances being acceptable for both sides? I think it might.
    Probably deserves its own thread but if we play pretend signings, and you could sign one for a season, which one out of Johnson or Bale?

If is no longer the word he has been seen in CF14 smiling , doing autographs in a City shirt .

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    This is a bit like the pub talk of if you could shag Pamela Anderson do you think she would be great in the sack

I can tell you she is awful in the flesh these days

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s not “if”, it’s “WHEN”
    You have more chance of striking a match on a bowl of strawberry jelly.

This strikes me as revealing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60927455

I think it depends what happens with Wales. If Wales qualify then I can see him wanting to be close to that and coming to City on a six month contract to keep fit, help his hometown team and position himself as pivotal on and off the pitch for the FAW - whilst also earning good money at the same time.

This would then allow him to leave after christmas for MLS or perhaps stay on if City were doing well, or indeed go anywhere else?

It seems more likely than it did before, but as I said, Wales qualifying seems to be key, but we wont know that until a few weeks before his contract in Madrid is up.

He really didnt want to do the ayatollah yesterday while warming up, read into that what you will

We discussed this in the car on the way home, even if he played 45 mins a game for us, keep match fit, its a winner

Is that why they are delaying the season ticket prices for next year I wonder

wherever he goes I would hope that he would commit himself to the entire season, I don't like this retiring as soon as Wales are knocked out of the world cup idea.
    how are teams supposed to deal with losing a player like that after a few months?

if he played the while season I'd like to think we'd get 25 games out of him at least

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Is that why they are delaying the season ticket prices for next year I wonder
    The season ticket prices are due to come out on or around 11 April according to a Trust email this morning (notes of the Liaison Meeting on 28 March).

Gareth Bale and his agent will know if Wales have qualified for the World Cup some time in June (maybe) - which may open up the remote possibility of a short term contract with Cardiff.

The two things aren't linked.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The season ticket prices are due to come out on or around 11 April according to a Trust email this morning (notes of the Liaison Meeting on 28 March).

Gareth Bale and his agent will know if Wales have qualified for the World Cup some time in June (maybe) - which may open up the remote possibility of a short term contract with Cardiff.

The two things aren't linked.
    That’s nice of the Trust, to put out things we were told to “KEEP IN-HOUSE”, until the club released the information

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An hour or so a week, until November, if we qualify. If we're in the promotion mix, maybe he'll stay on. I can see him playing for us for next to nothing, just to keep his eye in.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s nice of the Trust, to put out things we were told to “KEEP IN-HOUSE”, until the club released the information
    Which bit Tony? Around April 11th or remote possibility of a short term contract ……

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    An hour or so a week, until November, if we qualify. If we're in the promotion mix, maybe he'll stay on. I can see him playing for us for next to nothing, just to keep his eye in.
    I'd love it if he would play for us for next to nothing, but that's basically throwing away millions of pounds, he'll have better offers than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Which bit Tony? Around April 11th or remote possibility of a short term contract ……

Basically the whole meeting

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Absolutely....it's not going to happen...not sure if I would want anyway.... Maybe Pamela Andersen is not my choice but....there we go...!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd love it if he would play for us for next to nothing, but that's basically throwing away millions of pounds, he'll have better offers than us.
    I don’t think he’ll play on past November, so he’s not really throwing away too much. I still think it’s more likely he’ll go to Spurs but I can’t imagine he will go to a mid level PL club

He'll probably go to Newcastle

If his body can cope and his heart is still in it, he needs to recapture this at club level, why would anyone want to retire?

In answer to the question, once a week would be a good compromise. I don't see him playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday although once he gets fit he looks like he could play regularly.

Would love to see him on the bench every now and again if he did sign. A buzz went through the crowd last night when he started warming up, I’d imagine it’d shake up a few Championship defenders witnessing that twenty five minutes from full time. A sort of moment, ‘Look who’s coming on!!!!!!’.

But when is this happening though?.. I pretty much base all of my football news on this site and i'm pretty sure you know what's going on...just asking!