+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I don’t like Cardiff, I love it- 10CC St David’s Hall, Last Wednesday night

I don’t like Cardiff, I love it- 10CC St David’s Hall, Last Wednesday night

If you wanted a boost with a feel good factor ,as COVID restrictions were being eased , then this was the perfect way to achieve it.. I have always liked this band , going back to the very start, when Godley, Creme and Stewart were also there. These days, only prolific singer songwriter Graham Gouldman remains ,to carry the flag, but he has surrounded himself with fine musicians to accompany him. Everyone came to hear all the songs that were hits for the band over the past 40-50 years and by the end of the night, they got what they wanted, and more. The almost sold out crowd were not slow in responding, with the biggest applause coming for the hit they are most famous for- I’m not in love . By the time the encore of Donna and Rubber Bullets had finished, you were really glad that that you’d been to the show. Let’s hope they return in the future , and hopefully they’ll be back . And no, it’s not a silly phase I’m going through !!

Re: I don’t like Cardiff, I love it- 10CC St David’s Hall, Last Wednesday night

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I have always liked this band , going back to the very start, when Godley, Creme and Stewart were also there. These days, only prolific singer songwriter Graham Gouldman remains....
    So it just was 2.5cc then.

Glad you had a good night, Ivor. I think I would have, always enjoyed their inventiveness.

I do like their song -
    I'm not in, Love

I was a steward at the following gig (whilst being a huge Man fan and an aficianado of the early material of Thin Lizzy).

snip - 2022-04-01T072747.388.jpg

its great getting back to normal life, I always thought Wales were slightly behind England in " getting back to normal " ( it was, restrictions were kept longer ) and it was always funny to pop up and see my mum / watch the football and see it ( though my mum is vulnerable and is still very aware of it and wears a mask )
    But after Tuesdays game, I saw no difference, ASDA was the same as down here,

I saw them at Cardiff Castle back in July '75. Best band of the day were thin Lizzy. Although first on the bill you just knew they were destined for greatness

If you wanted a boost with a feel good factor ,as COVID restrictions were being eased , then this was the perfect way to achieve it.. I have always liked this band , going back to the very start, when Godley, Creme and Stewart were also there. These days, only prolific singer songwriter Graham Gouldman remains ,to carry the flag, but he has surrounded himself with fine musicians to accompany him. Everyone came to hear all the songs that were hits for the band over the past 40-50 years and by the end of the night, they got what they wanted, and more. The almost sold out crowd were not slow in responding, with the biggest applause coming for the hit they are most famous for- I’m not in love . By the time the encore of Donna and Rubber Bullets had finished, you were really glad that that you’d been to the show. Let’s hope they return in the future , and hopefully they’ll be back . And no, it’s not a silly phase I’m going through !!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was a steward at the following gig (whilst being a huge Man fan and an aficianado of the early material of Thin Lizzy).

I posted on another thread about this concert, but I had seen 10cc some time before at the Brangwyn Hall. A friend of mine was at Swansea Uni at the time and helped out backstage there. He told me that most of what we listened to that night was from pre-recorded tapes. By the way - City or Utd?

went to see illusionist Derren Brown last night at the New Theatre to get back into the groove

very good and entertaining an excellent night out

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

What a line up.
    Never got to see Man but saw the superb Martin Ace play a few times with other bands down the years.

Wasnt fussed on 10cc although they did have some very catchy tunes, talented but not my bag.

Thin Lizzy stand the test of time to this day.

Four superb bands there, Steeleye Span included.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So it just was 2.5cc then.
    Ha ha, very good 👍

Seen 10cc, including the original line-up on numerous occasions and was lucky to see Graham Gouldman at The Gate (just off City Road) last year, which was a fabulous concert. Considering what had gone on before with Covid, it was a very poignant occasion and uplifting at the same time.

His support act was allowed to tell a funny 10cc story, which I thought was brilliant. In America during the early days they were introduced on stage by one announcer as Eye Ock. Think about it...IOCC !

Saw a good documentary on 10cc on BBC a few years back - it’s fair to say Godley and Crème were not fans of this single, in fact it sounded like the straw that broke the camel’s back the way they were talking;-

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Seen 10cc, including the original line-up on numerous occasions and was lucky to see Graham Gouldman at The Gate (just off City Road) last year, which was a fabulous concert. Considering what had gone on before with Covid, it was a very poignant occasion and uplifting at the same time.

His support act was allowed to tell a funny 10cc story, which I thought was brilliant. In America during the early days they were introduced on stage by one announcer as Eye Ock. Think about it...IOCC !
    I was also there at The Gate. Really enjoyable evening. Lots of stories how the hits originated in front of an intimate audience. Really glad I went, especially when a lot of people did not know how many songs he had written over a long period of time.

I was also there at The Gate. Really enjoyable evening. Lots of stories how the hits originated in front of an intimate audience. Really glad I went, especially when a lot of people did not know how many songs he had written over a long period of time.
    Yeah it was a lovely evening. My missus didn't want to go so I arranged to meet my sister and brother in-law inside the venue. About 30 mins before the concert was due to start I had a text from my sister saying they had been refused entry because they didn't have proof of Covid vaccination.

Nevertheless it was great to wallow in nostalgia and great music. And Graham Gouldman is a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I saw them at Cardiff Castle back in July '75. Best band of the day were thin Lizzy. Although first on the bill you just knew they were destined for greatness
    I was there in 75