+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yet more derby day dross from history makers Cardiff City.

Yet more derby day dross from history makers Cardiff City.

Criticism that Cardiff don't "get" the derby will only intensify after this.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Yet more derby day dross from history makers Cardiff City.

Some good points as always Paul.

"I couldn’t figure our approach in terms of those sort of things, but, as for the general mind set, it was the same as always – we played “underdog football”, like a non league side playing a Premier League team in a cup tie."

My exact thoughts after ten minutes, and thence it remained for the rest of the match!

Agree with so much you have written.

We reverted back to type yesterday! Long balls in the air , conceding possession and sitting back with the odd 2 or 3 man rush which got bypassed as the rest of the team stayed in formation. The fact we continued to stick to the tactics after falling behind so early in the game was mind boggling. I thought we were tactically inept, they looked quicker mentally and physically, looked fitter and knew what their roles were, we looked unprepared for the 90 minutes ahead.

I was hoping for a performance like we showed against Forest who play similarly to the Jacks but are a better team as the league table shows but sadly we went back to a performance we would have expected under previous managers!

That pathetic display yesterday is also likely to cost the club dearly when they try to sell season tickets for next season ! Bumper crowd, good atmosphere, all we needed was a good performance, showing the progress made instead same old Cardiff .

That was a hard sobering read Paul.

Kept off social media yesterday for obvious reasons.

One of my darkest days of being a city fan, and there has been a lot of them.

Inept in every department.

It was so easy for Swansea.

Two or three of our players pressing six of their players so they just out passed us.. so what was the point in pressing at all if it was a half hearted attempt?

We looked lethargic, slow and panicked from the off. Swansea danced around us like our legs were stuck in concrete.

After a few minutes it was clear our formation, tactics and approach was all over the place and Morison did nothing to change it.

Felt for some of our younger players who had no leadership around them. Some of the senior players should be utterly ashamed... Smithies, hugill and in particular Ralls and Flint.... They let down the younger players.

It's an absolute joke that our best player is a loan player from Leeds.

The only positive I can think of is that Monday morning some of the players agents will be told we are withdrawing our contract offers.

A shamefully historic day that we handed to the jacks. Certainly I lost a lot of confidence in Morison after that performance. He got it so wrong on the training pitch, in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

Two or three of our players pressing six of their players so they just out passed us.. so what was the point in pressing at all if it was a half hearted attempt?

We looked lethargic, slow and panicked from the off. Swansea danced around us like our legs were stuck in concrete.

After a few minutes it was clear our formation, tactics and approach was all over the place and Morison did nothing to change it.

Felt for some of our younger players who had no leadership around them. Some of the senior players should be utterly ashamed... Smithies, hugill and in particular Ralls and Flint.... They let down the younger players.

The only positive I can think of is that Monday morning some of the players agents will be told we are withdrawing our contract offers.

A shamefully historic day that we handed to the jacks. Certainly I lost a lot of confidence in Morison after that performance. He got it so wrong on the training pitch, in the dressing room and on the pitch.
    Cheers. Succinct. Saved me writing similar.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Criticism that Cardiff don't "get" the derby will only intensify after this.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Very perceptive Paul. Inferior v Composed. Enough said.
    That was my first live City game since the Covid ended 19/20 season. I delayed my return to Poland to watch it. I won’t be returning in a hurry. It’s 54 years for me. The love & passion will never go but the addiction went when Malky did.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

The lack of leadership is a key point for me. Shows how much we miss Morrison

Des who was your first game mine was QPR who I think we beat 54 yrs ago .🤗🤗

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The lack of leadership is a key point for me. Shows how much we miss Morrison
    Morrison is not the player he was a couple of years ago. He's been crap whenever he's made an appearance for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Des who was your first game mine was QPR who I think we beat 54 yrs ago .����
    54 years supporting City for me too. First game for me was in the October of '68 v either Blackburn or Villa