Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
Spot on….surely it can’t be that easy to find players who can play a bit though? They usually cost money….how do they find them? They don’t seem to be bringing many through their much talked about a academy whereas we appear to be….can SM change that culture and make us play a bit more with the new young breed who can play? Or will Tan just sell the Jewell’s and we go back to being useless cloggers?
They must have some kind of system in identifying a players qualities and how that player will fit into their system. I'm certainly not blowing smoke up Swansea's arse, but they do have an ability to improve players who weren't really showing a huge amount at their previous club. Look at Martin, i don't know if he's the person to take them forward, but he has been brave this season in my opinion, when plenty of us were laughing at him and his style of play. They're not far off in my opinion. If Swansea can get a few in during the summer then i can see them challenging for the play offs next season. If they do end up sacking him, then the next bloke only has to either scale things up or down, the method is in place, minimum disruption. Not like us. We're the equivalent of a theme bar on St Marys St, happy to go with whatever is popular and easy at the time, but forced to realise soon after that their is just no depth or substance to the product and then having to refurb the premises and change the name above the door,