+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swansea are a better footballing side than us

Re: Swansea are a better footballing side than us

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    To be fair that is the best we have played for a long long time.
    Looking at your forum last few weeks it’s been mixed on whether Martin should even continue as manager, good old us, always there to straighten things out for you lot and get you back on track….

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Did we try to press them like that before the first goal? I missed the start of the game stuck in a big queue to get into the stadium. I'm wondering if the plan was to sit back and let them have the ball, but them scoring early forced us to do something different.
    Probably, we had loads behind the ball for the first goal. Ng's positioning is God awful. He's further forward than Obafemi but he's stood next to him. Awful. Don't get me started on the second, it is absolutely schoolboy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I think this is correct. It makes sense.

We really do make them look levels above, there has to be a reason for that.If they were tonking sides like that week in, week out, then i'd say fair enough, but they're not, far from it. We allowed that to happen, even though they are a better football side than us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Correct. Their manager wants them to play out from the back, but they're not very good at it when put under pressure. Our tactic of pressing with two or three players and the rest dropping deep made them look far better than they actually are.
    Our eventual attempts at pressing in the first half were embarrassing to put in mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    how you doing long time since you have posted hope all is well
    I am doing great Jeeps,I am always in the back ground dont you worry and still in contact with a few of the lads on here.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looking at your forum last few weeks it’s been mixed on whether Martin should even continue as manager, good old us, always there to straighten things out for you lot and get you back on track….
    It can be very frustrating watching the Swans with some of pointless passing around the back and then on other days its a joy to watch just like yesterday.I cant believe how your lot sat back at watched us pass the ball around.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    To be fair that is the best we have played for a long long time.
    We knew that. It will be the best you play until the next time as well.

I think the final positions and points will be a lot closer than those 2 scores lines and performances were.
    Neither of us can be happy with season as whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Probably, we had loads behind the ball for the first goal. Ng's positioning is God awful. He's further forward than Obafemi but he's stood next to him. Awful. Don't get me started on the second, it is absolutely schoolboy stuff.
    first goal was strange in that we had loads of men back, yet a fairly simple ball on the ground into the box managed to go past about 4 of our defenders and find their player for a tap in.
    I think flint could have got a touch but maybe he was thinking he'd put through his own net.
    the second took a lucky deflection to fall to their player in load sof space, but how was he in that much space in the middle of the box?
    the third Bagan should have been trying to stop the cross imo but was miles away, and NG has to do a lot better than that in the air, although he can't have seen much as he was jumping into the sunlight - I'm not convinced he'd have got to it anyway.

lots of issues defensively where we had been a lot more solid in recent weeks.
    hopefully we see a reaction in the next games

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If only they could spell!

Doube plus good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It'll never get old. It was the only silver lining from yesterday. At least they f*cked up the celebratory banner.
    👀

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We really do make them look levels above, there has to be a reason for that.If they were tonking sides like that week in, week out, then i'd say fair enough, but they're not, far from it. We allowed that to happen, even though they are a better football side than us.
    Apparently Swansea's players stayed in training throughout the international break

Aden Flint, on the other hand, was on holiday in Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And in my memory always have been

However when the season finishes its likely we are going to be fairly close on points

I have absolutely no idea where I am going with this so I am going to leave it there whilst the going is good

God bless you all
    Your memory is flawed. They have not always been a better footballing side than us. There was a time when they didn't even matter. Yes, they played some good stuff in the last 10 years or so. They weren't even great this weekend. We were just shit. Get a grip. Most of our starting 11 will be gone come June. Sticking to fishing and semi-attractive middle-aged TV presenters. Football is not your game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Your memory is flawed. They have not always been a better footballing side than us. There was a time when they didn't even matter. Yes, they played some good stuff in the last 10 years or so. They weren't even great this weekend. We were just shit. Get a grip. Most of our starting 11 will be gone come June. Sticking to fishing and semi-attractive middle-aged TV presenters. Football is not your game.
    Well the Swansea side that got to the old first division did it playing football . And that style has stayed with them .

That's most of my life following Cardiff . If you don't think that's the case ......

You have clearly been scoffing on too many chilli dogs or walking around with your eyes shut .

They have spent a lot longer in the top flight in most peoples memory than we have .

Period .

Well the Swansea side that got to the old first division did it playing football . And that style has stayed with them .

That's most of my life following Cardiff . If you don't think that's the case ......

You have clearly been scoffing on too many chilli dogs or walking around with your eyes shut .

They have spent a lot longer in the top flight in most peoples memory than we have .

Period .
    I had one chili dog in old town Philadephia in 1989. Never again. From the mid '80s Swansea spent 20 years being shit. We weren't too much better but we had our moments. And during that time they certainly weren't a better footballing side than us. They started playing decent football when Martinez took over. But we played some decent stuff under Dave Jones too. Also, judging by your posts over the last couple of years, you don't even like or advocate for decent football.

Period .
    I had one chili dog in old town Philadephia in 1989. Never again. From the mid '80s Swansea spent 20 years being shit. We weren't too much better but we had our moments. And during that time they certainly weren't a better footballing side than us. They started playing decent football when Martinez took over. But we played some decent stuff under Dave Jones too. Also, judging by your posts over the last couple of years, you don't even like or advocate for decent football. Hence "'ave it" and "they don't like it up 'em"

I had one chili dog in old town Philadephia in 1989. Never again. From the mid '80s Swansea spent 20 years being shit. We weren't too much better but we had our moments. And during that time they certainly weren't a better footballing side than us. They started playing decent football when Martinez took over. But we played some decent stuff under Dave Jones too. Also, judging by your posts over the last couple of years, you don't even like or advocate for decent football. Hence "'ave it" and "they don't like it up 'em"
    I know what you mean about the chili dog - I had one in LA I think and it was totally not what I was expecting

Swansea incorporated movement under Martinez, players interchanging, midfielders given freedom to join the attack, defenders stepping into midfield, all that modern nonsense. People might look at Swansea and think that they've had their day in the sun, 7 years or whatever it was in the Premier league playing good football and competing, surely that'll never return? But, the most important thing that Swansea seem to have grasped is the fact that they still concentrate on playing a style of football that will serve them well if they ever do progress and reach the Premier league again, which gives them a chance of staying in that division.

I don't know if Martin will get then there even with better players, what i am sure of is that they have a footballing philosophy, an identity, which means that the recruitment process for players and managers is much easier than it is for us. Martin may get the boot, but whoever comes in to replace him will only have to tweak things, as was the case with Potter and Cooper.

The problem with Swansea's obsession with Cardiff City - which runs through the whole club from top to bottom - is that we will NEVER "want it more" and will rarely get the better of them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I think the final positions and points will be a lot closer than those 2 scores lines and performances were.
    Neither of us can be happy with season as whole.
    After the last game they lost we won, I'm not sure who they've got but I think the same will happen again and it will be back to two points difference and not much between us.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    After the last game they lost we won, I'm not sure who they've got but I think the same will happen again and it will be back to two points difference and not much between us.
    They won their game in hand last night and are now 8 points in front of us.

Swansea incorporated movement under Martinez, players interchanging, midfielders given freedom to join the attack, defenders stepping into midfield, all that modern nonsense. People might look at Swansea and think that they've had their day in the sun, 7 years or whatever it was in the Premier league playing good football and competing, surely that'll never return? But, the most important thing that Swansea seem to have grasped is the fact that they still concentrate on playing a style of football that will serve them well if they ever do progress and reach the Premier league again, which gives them a chance of staying in that division.

I don't know if Martin will get then there even with better players, what i am sure of is that they have a footballing philosophy, an identity, which means that the recruitment process for players and managers is much easier than it is for us. Martin may get the boot, but whoever comes in to replace him will only have to tweak things, as was the case with Potter and Cooper.
    Precisely, and in the time Swansea have been developing a philosophy and a blueprint for the club, we've been doing the same, at first team level anyway, and the result is the ritual embarrassment we tend to get whenever we play them - unfortunately, there is a "Cardiff way" and it shows no sign of disappearing.

And in my memory always have been

However when the season finishes its likely we are going to be fairly close on points

I have absolutely no idea where I am going with this so I am going to leave it there whilst the going is good

God bless you all
    They are indeed better , it demonstrates the craziness of the Championship where you can bully or strong arm your way up with something up front ( eg Warnock )

Seeking a Cardiff Way is not the answer , playing a variation of football is the answer in this unique league

Spot on….surely it can’t be that easy to find players who can play a bit though? They usually cost money….how do they find them? They don’t seem to be bringing many through their much talked about a academy whereas we appear to be….can SM change that culture and make us play a bit more with the new young breed who can play? Or will Tan just sell the Jewell’s and we go back to being useless cloggers?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They are indeed better , it demonstrates the craziness of the Championship where you can bully or strong arm your way up with something up front ( eg Warnock )

Seeking a Cardiff Way is not the answer , playing a variation of football is the answer in this unique league
    What does that mean? We don’t play a “variety of football”, we’re as one dimensional as Swansea’s critics say they are.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Spot on….surely it can’t be that easy to find players who can play a bit though? They usually cost money….how do they find them? They don’t seem to be bringing many through their much talked about a academy whereas we appear to be….can SM change that culture and make us play a bit more with the new young breed who can play? Or will Tan just sell the Jewell’s and we go back to being useless cloggers?
    They must have some kind of system in identifying a players qualities and how that player will fit into their system. I'm certainly not blowing smoke up Swansea's arse, but they do have an ability to improve players who weren't really showing a huge amount at their previous club. Look at Martin, i don't know if he's the person to take them forward, but he has been brave this season in my opinion, when plenty of us were laughing at him and his style of play. They're not far off in my opinion. If Swansea can get a few in during the summer then i can see them challenging for the play offs next season. If they do end up sacking him, then the next bloke only has to either scale things up or down, the method is in place, minimum disruption. Not like us. We're the equivalent of a theme bar on St Marys St, happy to go with whatever is popular and easy at the time, but forced to realise soon after that their is just no depth or substance to the product and then having to refurb the premises and change the name above the door,