+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover soon?

Re: Takeover soon?

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Which all falls on Tan and his lack of getting proper football people on board and not a couple of chancers that to the best of my knowledge have next to no football experience and several other interests to be seeing too as well as Cardiff City.

It is within his interests to cover the losses if he ever wants to recoup anything, but the club has been a shambles off the pitch and an absolute amatuer organisation under his watch for many years so call it what you like but it has clearly not been a priority for him for a long time, can phrase that how you like but the point remains.
    No, now you're conflating a couple of different points. I'm not saying the club's been run well, which of course is ultimately his responsibility, but this dramatic "he's left it to rot" attitude (and you're not the only one with it) is complete nonsense.

Although if he'd have left the club to rot we wouldn't have lost 4-0 to Swansea because there wouldn't have been a club to play them so maybe he really is the bad guy

As lovely as it would be to have someone come in and splash the cash I look at so many other championship clubs who have done it and struggle after only for the owners to lose interest.

I’ve got no issue with Tan, a lot worse owners about.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Hoping that any buyer or invester isn't Sam Hammam or anyone linked to that boil on the clubs arse..
    I still have a feeling it will be an asian based buyer or consortium.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No, now you're conflating a couple of different points. I'm not saying the club's been run well, which of course is ultimately his responsibility, but this dramatic "he's left it to rot" attitude (and you're not the only one with it) is complete nonsense.

Although if he'd have left the club to rot we wouldn't have lost 4-0 to Swansea because there wouldn't have been a club to play them so maybe he really is the bad guy
    Each to their own but if you don’t think leaving a couple of chancers in charge for the past 5 years is on him and doing absolutely nothing to change it isn’t “leaving the club to rot” and want to describe it differently then that’s fair enough.

I don’t have much interest in going back and forth all evening but I just wish fans didn’t have such an inferiority complex about the club and what it could be if it was ran properly and had a proper set up.

Catchment area and stadium is there, we just need a bit of belief and a proper modern football structure in place, but at the moments we are way behind.

Agreed but not to the extent that we have,
    Do you know that for a fact we lose more than all the other clubs? 2 clubs this season have fallen foul of FFP, if rumours are to be believed another 4 or 5 will next season too. Considering FFP is based on losses over time I struggle to believe we’re the worst in the league.

Interesting to see Derby news-sites carrying the story, on the grounds it might affect the sale of Derby.
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...ardiff-6905056

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Do you know that for a fact we lose more than all the other clubs? 2 clubs this season have fallen foul of FFP, if rumours are to be believed another 4 or 5 will next season too. Considering FFP is based on losses over time I struggle to believe we’re the worst in the league.
    We have cut costs significantly in recent years so I wouldn’t expect us to be bottom, but it has been at the cost of what we see on the pitch due to the mismanagement off it down the years. I said earlier that we haven’t wasted £100k a week on Rooney like Derby did in a bid to get promoted (and credit to them for that I suppose) but I don’t think that makes any difference to the point I’m making about the amateur set up of the club and the fact Tan not showing an interest is the main catalyst for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Interesting to see Derby news-sites carrying the story, on the grounds it might affect the sale of Derby.
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...ardiff-6905056
    Im sure this 3 interested parties is old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think it would take a more hands type of person or group to achieve long-term results. Tan may have fancied another go, but his business empire in Malaysia has taken a hit, so it makes sense for him to seek an exit. There are a few other things, but I can't mention them on here.
    Why can't you mention it on here?

Each to their own but if you don’t think leaving a couple of chancers in charge for the past 5 years is on him and doing absolutely nothing to change it isn’t “leaving the club to rot” and want to describe it differently then that’s fair enough.

I don’t have much interest in going back and forth all evening but I just wish fans didn’t have such an inferiority complex about the club and what it could be if it was ran properly and had a proper set up.

Catchment area and stadium is there, we just need a bit of belief and a proper modern football structure in place, but at the moments we are way behind.
    Not a had a top tier as long as I have been following the club - lots of glory fans that drop us like stone when things go off a little

Under Tan the club has been more financially stable than I can recall in my 66 years of supporting the club and, given the number of dodgy characters around from even dodgier countries, it seems ludicrous that some people are calling for new ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who do you think is paying the wages and other bills? Genuine question
    Wage bill can’t be much looking at our squad these days? Surely around a million a month

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wage bill can’t be much looking at our squad these days? Surely around a million a month
    And the rest. We lost 24m in the last accounts, that’s 2m a month

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think it would take a more hands type of person or group to achieve long-term results. Tan may have fancied another go, but his business empire in Malaysia has taken a hit, so it makes sense for him to seek an exit. There are a few other things, but I can't mention them on here.
    Why can't you mention it then are you sworn to silence?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Not seen all the accounts, but it looks like Derby, Reading, Bristol. Stoke , Fulham, Bournemouth.. probably Boro, Forest and a fair few others are making bigger losses and we’ve cut costs considerably since then.

However back in the subject of takeover, Im not anti- Tan , but I think he’s run his game now and is unlikely to ever put the money in to make us successful again.

If there is the right owner out there who can do that (a bit ridiculous but say a consortium led by Bale and a few rich buddies or businessman) then why not ?

For all the money Tan put in we are still nowhere near reaching out potential.
    It’ll forever be a massive missed opportunity.

Just don’t think it’s a priority for him now and we are desperately needing a bit of fire and enthusiasm from the top.

Knowing our luck the 3 are

Sam the court case
    Dai the Dildo Sullivan
    Mike half price Ashley

🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And the rest. We lost 24m in the last accounts, that’s 2m a month
    Wage bill is considerably less now. Some sites have it as £12m.
    Will be next to nothing in the summer - should be a decent amount of room for manoeuvre.

9 of our 10 highest earners either left Xmas ( Moore) or out of contract

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Well quite. I remember the pre Tan days when Cardiff City lurched from one financial crisis to another. Tan got it badly wrong over the change to red strips but otherwise he has imo been a very good owner. Be careful what you wish for.
    In what respect would you say Vincent Tan has been a very good owner? Is it simply because he has kept putting money into the club to cover a large percentage of the losses the employees he's appointed have accumulated? Or are there other aspects of his ownership that you would regard as very good?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In what respect would you say Vincent Tan has been a very good owner? Is it simply because he has kept putting money into the club to cover a large percentages of the losses the employees he's appointed have accrued? Or are there other aspects of his ownership that you would regard as very good?
    Pearcey’s is a Reading fan Dave.
    Probably compared to the state their owner has got them in Tan is a master

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not seen all the accounts, but it looks like Derby, Reading, Bristol. Stoke , Fulham, Bournemouth.. probably Boro, Forest and a fair few others are making bigger losses and we’ve cut costs considerably since then.
    Not Bournemouth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60916512

Pearcey’s is a Reading fan Dave.
    I'm aware of that, but I'm still interested in why he (or anyone) believes Tan has been a very good owner. Is it just the old 'it could be worse' argument, or is there more to it?

That was their 1st year down and based on selling £80m of players. And spending very little.

This year that’s just £20m and that on a player who they had spent £14m on ( some of which would have already been amortised)

They’ve also spent about £12m plus some big loans.

I’d bet they make a far bigger loss this season given the squad they’ve got and the money they’ve spent.

Their reported wage bill is £36m as well which wipes out the advantage of their parachute payments.

I'm aware of that, but I'm still interested in why he (or anyone) believes Tan has been a very good owner. Is it just the old 'it could be worse' argument, or is there more to it?
    I guess because we haven’t gone bust or had points deductions.

But it’s a low bar 😉

I’d bet they make a far bigger loss this season given the squad they’ve got and the money they’ve spent.
    And I'd bet they get promoted. The odds are currently 1/12.

I guess because we haven’t gone bust or had points deductions.
    Exactly. 'It could be worse.....'

In what respect would you say Vincent Tan has been a very good owner? Is it simply because he has kept putting money into the club to cover a large percentage of the losses the employees he's appointed have accumulated? Or are there other aspects of his ownership that you would regard as very good?
    I remember the days when Cardiff had nothing. I had an insurance claim at the club back in the 90’s when it was clear they hadn’t got a penny to their name. They were in the basement division. Three were times when the club were in constant financial distress with the club’s existence in doubt.

You have had complete financial stability under Tan with two promotions to the top flight, showpiece Cup occasions and at the worst a solid tier two side. That compares very favourably with most of your history. He has stayed loyal to the club far beyond plenty of owners. I compare him to the likes of Zingarevich who left our club high and dry, The Thais who took off with the land surrounding our stadium and Yongge with his reckless spending and think you could have been pretty lucky.

So many clubs have been run badly by comparison. Not many foreign owners stick it out as long as he has.