+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

Put the family stand in the canton and put the singers in the grange end.

We all know this would instantly make a difference. It would also make it more enjoyable, I never was a “Hooligan” but I loved the banter back and fore, and winding up the away fans. It was a laugh and more people would go if that was still part of it.

Will the club ever do it, almost definitely no.

Would they even be allowed or would the police or the FA try and stop it?

Re: How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

You're right about there being no chance, it's not the vibe the club want now. I agree it would be kind of fun, although seeing grown men in their 40's gesturing at each other is a bit cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

We all know this would instantly make a difference. It would also make it more enjoyable, I never was a “Hooligan” but I loved the banter back and fore, and winding up the away fans. It was a laugh and more people would go if that was still part of it.

Will never happen, Football has moved on and it doesn't want them " banter " songs / chants / shouts ( just dont mention sterile though, it seems to trigger people on here )

I miss the old days as I am sure a fair % do, they were fun times

International

They want the complete opposite and they are getting it, that was the worst Derby atmosphere yet!

Remember Leeds at Ninain and the bottles of p!ss flying in every direction, those days are gone!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They want the complete opposite and they are getting it, that was the worst Derby atmosphere yet!

Remember Leeds at Ninain and the bottles of p!ss flying in every direction, those days are gone!
    It was the worst Derby atmosphere because after 6 minutes Swansea had hit the bar and scored, and we did little after that to try to claw our way back into the game.

Play decent attacking football, bring in a couple of players with the ability to go passed the opposition and attempt to win games from the start, not after going a goal down.

I thought there was always loads of spare seats next to the away fans? I’ve sat their plenty of times.

When VT finally sells up, the stand swap should be first question on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    When VT finally sells up, the stand swap should be first question on the agenda.
    do you think that came from Tan?

I'm not sure that there would be enough space in the Family Stand to accommodate everyone in the Canton if they moved. The away end would need to be shifted around a bit, partly into the Ninian to accommodate for the segregation gaps needed.
    Can't see it myself.

Ditch that oriental dragon.
    Invest money and make the Concourses a lot more pub like in appearance this will get people in the ground earlier and spending money here instead of elsewhere - I include myself in this.
    Maybe some more street food style vendors inside.
    Extend the safe standing areas.

Use the vast space we have around the car parks and field. Football themed inflatables for the kids.
    Shooting against an academy keeper.
    Football drills etc (like on Soccer AM).
    People will pay to do this stuff it’s more about an event as a whole than just the match it’s self.

Got to get bums on seats for free at times - these are future paying supporters.
    Get players out and about during the week visiting schools, factories etc and making themselves accessible to its supporters - they are paid employees at the end of the day and their duties shouldn’t be just limited to the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I love how bottles of piss not being thrown around is a negative

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're right about there being no chance, it's not the vibe the club want now. I agree it would be kind of fun, although seeing grown men in their 40's gesturing at each other is a bit cringeworthy
    I prefer it when men in their 40s go toe-to-toe on CCMB myself

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I prefer it when men in their 40s go toe-to-toe on CCMB myself
    Sending each other gifs of bottles of piss

International

Sending each other gifs of bottles of piss

Maybe we should replace the Chinese dragon on the badge with a bottle of piss.

Going back to the atmosphere, I think The Bloop nailed it really. If we'd have scored in the 6th minute and ended up winning 2 or 3-0 the place would have been bouncing and we'd all be here saying how amazing the atmosphere was.

The Wales atmosphere the other day was one of the best I've ever been in but if Austria had scored their chance in the 5th minute and maybe got another or two then it would have been a different story. Such is football

Yeah this ^^^. My father in law sent me a text just before kick off saying how amazing the atmosphere was. One of the boys I go with said 'imagine if it was like this every week'. Then they scored.

I remember Nick Hornby saying that he thought the best atmosphere in a game was when the home side was losing but piling on the pressure for an equaliser. I've always tended to agree with that. We offered so little in attack, so few tackles, so little for the fans to actually get up and cheer for that it did kill the atmosphere.

I get the idea that should keep singing no matter what but that's rarely the way of British crowds. You get that far more on the continent but there are plusses and minuses to that. One thing you hear a lot of overseas fans and pundits say is they love the unique atmosphere at British grounds. The love the way the crowd responds to the game, the piss taking chants when someone misses, the wolf whistles when someone has a strop etc rathee than constant noise throughout. I think we're just symptomatic of that really, no better, no worse than most fans.

remove segregation and let home and away fans mingle freely. That'll help create an atmosphere for sure.

So you are recommending that home and away fans are allowed to enter and exit the ground next to each other, stand/sit next to each other during the games with only a line of plastic sheeting on the seats and a few stewards between them. Sounds to me like this has all been tried before and look where that left us. Cardiff V Millwall, Swansea and teams like Leeds would become such a joy to attend again. The stadium was designed to keep rival fans apart. If you alter it back, you might just as well set up a designated fighting area behind the Grangetown end and just let them get on with it. Plus, have you any idea how much it costs to get the police in to games ?

Vuvuzelas
    Foam hands
    Air horns
    Goal music
    Half time shows
    Pre match choirs
    PYROTECHNICS!

It’ll never happen, for one simple reason.

For a cup game, when we have to give a bigger percentage of the gate, to the away fans, could you see the fans (who have been transferred from the Canton), suddenly being told, piss off and sit somewhere else !

Not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    do you think that came from Tan?
    It used to be that walking dildo ex groundsmans decisions..

Going back to the atmosphere, I think The Bloop nailed it really. If we'd have scored in the 6th minute and ended up winning 2 or 3-0 the place would have been bouncing and we'd all be here saying how amazing the atmosphere was.

The Wales atmosphere the other day was one of the best I've ever been in but if Austria had scored their chance in the 5th minute and maybe got another or two then it would have been a different story. Such is football
    This is, of course, absolutely true.

However, that doesn't mean there aren't also things that can be done to generally improve the atmosphere and I think home and away fans being a bit closer does undeniably do that.

The answer for me though is for the club to be a little more liberal in allowing people to stand in the 1-2 blocks of the lower Ninian closest to away fans. When we first moved to CCS a lot of those who stood in the upper bob bank moved here and standing (and atmosphere) was common, so we had two 'noisier' bits of the ground. Now we have one, as the club tolerated standing in the Canton and clamped down elsehere.

I agree with others that in a practical sense just moving the home end to the family stand would cause practical difficulties in terms of flows of fans / extending the away end for cup games etc etc.

It would be good for the club to have a conversation about small changes to the lower Ninian though, as the atmosphere does matter, as does fans ability / desire to stand or sit down etc.

And thats not to say that standing guarantees atmosphere, cos sometimes the Canton end is shite, but I think it helps.

Watching some of the antics between the middle aged City hoolifans and the Jack's on Saturday at least entertained my 9 year old and took his mind off the game for a while.

Recognising some of them too caused me to smirk and wonder what the phuck are they doing?