+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

Put the family stand in the canton and put the singers in the grange end.

We all know this would instantly make a difference. It would also make it more enjoyable, I never was a “Hooligan” but I loved the banter back and fore, and winding up the away fans. It was a laugh and more people would go if that was still part of it.

Will the club ever do it, almost definitely no.

Would they even be allowed or would the police or the FA try and stop it?

Re: How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

You're right about there being no chance, it's not the vibe the club want now. I agree it would be kind of fun, although seeing grown men in their 40's gesturing at each other is a bit cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're right about there being no chance, it's not the vibe the club want now. I agree it would be kind of fun, although seeing grown men in their 40's gesturing at each other is a bit cringeworthy
    I prefer it when men in their 40s go toe-to-toe on CCMB myself

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I prefer it when men in their 40s go toe-to-toe on CCMB myself
    Sending each other gifs of bottles of piss

International

Sending each other gifs of bottles of piss

Watching some of the antics between the middle aged City hoolifans and the Jack's on Saturday at least entertained my 9 year old and took his mind off the game for a while.

Recognising some of them too caused me to smirk and wonder what the phuck are they doing?

Nothing makes me chuckle and cringe at the same time as seeing grampy chavs in their late 50s/early 60s, still wearing burberry and aquascutumn, gesturing and shouting a load of profanities at opposition players/fans

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

We all know this would instantly make a difference. It would also make it more enjoyable, I never was a “Hooligan” but I loved the banter back and fore, and winding up the away fans. It was a laugh and more people would go if that was still part of it.

Will never happen, Football has moved on and it doesn't want them " banter " songs / chants / shouts ( just dont mention sterile though, it seems to trigger people on here )

I miss the old days as I am sure a fair % do, they were fun times

International

They want the complete opposite and they are getting it, that was the worst Derby atmosphere yet!

Remember Leeds at Ninain and the bottles of p!ss flying in every direction, those days are gone!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Remember Leeds at Ninain and the bottles of p!ss flying in every direction, those days are gone!
    I love how bottles of piss not being thrown around is a negative

I love how bottles of piss not being thrown around is a negative
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They want the complete opposite and they are getting it, that was the worst Derby atmosphere yet!

It was the worst Derby atmosphere because after 6 minutes Swansea had hit the bar and scored, and we did little after that to try to claw our way back into the game.

Play decent attacking football, bring in a couple of players with the ability to go passed the opposition and attempt to win games from the start, not after going a goal down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Play decent attacking football, bring in a couple of players with the ability to go passed the opposition and attempt to win games from the start, not after going a goal down.
    Listen!! I'm all for a day of throwing piss bottles around the stands after a night out on the piss. Nobody loves that more than me but Tuerto has a point Maybe not
    moving the crowd around the stands to get the best piss throwing acoustics should be our priority just now.

I thought there was always loads of spare seats next to the away fans? I’ve sat their plenty of times.

When VT finally sells up, the stand swap should be first question on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    When VT finally sells up, the stand swap should be first question on the agenda.
    do you think that came from Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It used to be that walking dildo ex groundsmans decisions..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Probably not now thinking about it, but I bet he ain't supported it either.....I been to loads of grounds where the fans are next to each other it makes for a great pantomime, fans have moved on they know if they step out of line they're on camera, the day's of throwing bottles of piss are well gone even at Rock festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Probably not now thinking about it, but I bet he ain't supported it either.....I been to loads of grounds where the fans are next to each other it makes for a great pantomime, fans have moved on they know if they step out of line they're on camera, the day's of throwing bottles of piss are well gone even at Rock festivals.
    I'd be amazed if tan gets involved in that kind of detail

I'm not sure that there would be enough space in the Family Stand to accommodate everyone in the Canton if they moved. The away end would need to be shifted around a bit, partly into the Ninian to accommodate for the segregation gaps needed.
    Can't see it myself.

Ditch that oriental dragon.
    Invest money and make the Concourses a lot more pub like in appearance this will get people in the ground earlier and spending money here instead of elsewhere - I include myself in this.
    Maybe some more street food style vendors inside.
    Extend the safe standing areas.

Use the vast space we have around the car parks and field. Football themed inflatables for the kids.
    Shooting against an academy keeper.
    Football drills etc (like on Soccer AM).
    People will pay to do this stuff it’s more about an event as a whole than just the match it’s self.

Got to get bums on seats for free at times - these are future paying supporters.
    Get players out and about during the week visiting schools, factories etc and making themselves accessible to its supporters - they are paid employees at the end of the day and their duties shouldn’t be just limited to the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Ditch that oriental dragon.
    Invest money and make the Concourses a lot more pub like in appearance this will get people in the ground earlier and spending money here instead of elsewhere - I include myself in this.
    Maybe some more street food style vendors inside.
    Extend the safe standing areas.

Use the vast space we have around the car parks and field. Football themed inflatables for the kids.
    Shooting against an academy keeper.
    Football drills etc (like on Soccer AM).
    People will pay to do this stuff it’s more about an event as a whole than just the match it’s self.

Got to get bums on seats for free at times - these are future paying supporters.
    Get players out and about during the week visiting schools, factories etc and making themselves accessible to its supporters - they are paid employees at the end of the day and their duties shouldn’t be just limited to the pitch.
    What oriental dragon?
    Oh - you mean the ragworm!

Absolutely - ditch it!

Maybe we should replace the Chinese dragon on the badge with a bottle of piss.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe we should replace the Chinese dragon on the badge with a bottle of piss.
    I say we replace the bluebird with a late 60s/early 70s picture of a crombie wearing skinhead and the Chinese dragon with a picture of a flick knife.