+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

Re: How to improve atmosphere at home games instantly…

Get Dai Hunt on the P.A.

Some very good points raised here.

Most I had considered which is exactly why I said i didn’t think it was plausible.

Do you think they could potentially one day have a safe standing area in the Ninian adjacent to the away fans?

The club could try and embrace their singing fans because when the atmosphere is right Cardiff fans can out sing most.

For all you can knock Sam for, her certainly knew how to make the most of our nutty fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe we should replace the Chinese dragon on the badge with a bottle of piss.
    I say we replace the bluebird with a late 60s/early 70s picture of a crombie wearing skinhead and the Chinese dragon with a picture of a flick knife.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're right about there being no chance, it's not the vibe the club want now. I agree it would be kind of fun, although seeing grown men in their 40's gesturing at each other is a bit cringeworthy
    Nothing makes me chuckle and cringe at the same time as seeing grampy chavs in their late 50s/early 60s, still wearing burberry and aquascutumn, gesturing and shouting a load of profanities at opposition players/fans

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’ll never happen, for one simple reason.

For a cup game, when we have to give a bigger percentage of the gate, to the away fans, could you see the fans (who have been transferred from the Canton), suddenly being told, piss off and sit somewhere else !

Not going to happen
    Stick the away fans up in the red seats for the odd cup game where a team sells their full allocation.

Lots of clubs have done stuff to sort their atmosphere recently, Boro's atmosphere is really good these days and Reading have halved the away allocation to put their singing section next to the away end. It's a bit of a no brainer to improve things but the club are a bit tone deaf as usual, and we'll crack on with a drum that does more damage than good.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Stick the away fans up in the red seats for the odd cup game where a team sells their full allocation.

Lots of clubs have done stuff to sort their atmosphere recently, Boro's atmosphere is really good these days and Reading have halved the away allocation to put their singing section next to the away end. It's a bit of a no brainer to improve things but the club are a bit tone deaf as usual, and we'll crack on with a drum that does more damage than good.
    is the atmosphere at reading actually any good though?

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post

So you would have home & away fans, entering and exiting, from the same area !!!!

Wonderful plan, NOT !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    do you think that came from Tan?
    Probably not now thinking about it, but I bet he ain't supported it either.....I been to loads of grounds where the fans are next to each other it makes for a great pantomime, fans have moved on they know if they step out of line they're on camera, the day's of throwing bottles of piss are well gone even at Rock festivals.

So you would have home & away fans, entering and exiting, from the same area !!!!

I also wouldn't fancy sitting in the seats directly underneath the away fans.

it's a bit like that at forest where the away fans are underneath their fans

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Probably not now thinking about it, but I bet he ain't supported it either.....I been to loads of grounds where the fans are next to each other it makes for a great pantomime, fans have moved on they know if they step out of line they're on camera, the day's of throwing bottles of piss are well gone even at Rock festivals.
    I'd be amazed if tan gets involved in that kind of detail

Only been in the Red stand once so don't know the layout but can't be that hard to seperate it out. Seems a bit stupid to be against the whole idea of switching it round for a game every 3 or 4 years where we have to give 15%. I can think of Man City in the last 10 years and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Get Dai Hunt on the P.A.
    Dai Hunt doesn't need a PA! Anyone near him needs an umbrella to keep the spittle off. To say the least, he was a bit wound up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I love how bottles of piss not being thrown around is a negative
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Will never happen, Football has moved on and it doesn't want them " banter " songs / chants / shouts ( just dont mention sterile though, it seems to trigger people on here )

I miss the old days as I am sure a fair % do, they were fun times
    Isn't it what Reading have done though to improve their atmosphere at home games?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It was the worst Derby atmosphere because after 6 minutes Swansea had hit the bar and scored, and we did little after that to try to claw our way back into the game.
    Can't the fans make noise still?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm not sure that there would be enough space in the Family Stand to accommodate everyone in the Canton if they moved. The away end would need to be shifted around a bit, partly into the Ninian to accommodate for the segregation gaps needed.
    Can't see it myself.
    Or, people from the Canton could sit either side of the away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I also wouldn't fancy sitting in the seats directly underneath the away fans.

it's a bit like that at forest where the away fans are underneath their fans
    I think there's probably a fair few of us on this board that had the misfortune to be directly underneath the Italy fans in the San Siro in 2003. One of my least favourite memories as a football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I think there's probably a fair few of us on this board that had the misfortune to be directly underneath the Italy fans in the San Siro in 2003. One of my least favourite memories as a football fan.
    Know a few who had that misfortune.

Just win games

Goal music, that’s what’s needed

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Goal music, that’s what’s needed
    I'm in.

What song? Or would each player have their own song?

Imagine oops upside your head blasting around the ground after uche wrestles 5 defenfers to the ground slotting the ball in the top corner to send Derby down..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Play decent attacking football, bring in a couple of players with the ability to go passed the opposition and attempt to win games from the start, not after going a goal down.
    Listen!! I'm all for a day of throwing piss bottles around the stands after a night out on the piss. Nobody loves that more than me but Tuerto has a point Maybe not
    moving the crowd around the stands to get the best piss throwing acoustics should be our priority just now.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just win games
    but where's the piss in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Yes I remember the warmth of the p!ss raining down on us.
    Hardly surprising when the toilet was just holes in the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Listen!! I'm all for a day of throwing piss bottles around the stands after a night out on the piss. Nobody loves that more than me but Tuerto has a point Maybe not
    moving the crowd around the stands to get the best piss throwing acoustics should be our priority just now.
    Hilarious.