+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: READING 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: READING 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Played really well second half. Want to see more of this. Hopefully Morrison will scrap the 3 at the back going forward

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This result and overall performance puts all the hysteria about last weeks game into perspective. No doubt all those people who were never going to a City game again will now be on the phone or online buying tickets for next week. I am particularly happy for Will
    Vaulks who has taken merciless stick on here for months and accused of being a donkey amongst other things but there is definitely a footballer in there and I hope he stays next season.
    Last week doesn’t deserve perspective. I doubt the non season ticket holders who witnessed that surrender last week will be beating down the ticket office door because of a win at Reading

So much better in the second half, actually did something with the possession. Was worried that Ng and Bagan wouldn't be able to handle a ariel bombardment but they never really got tested. Good to see Morrison changing it up at half time as well.

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls the only out of contract player in the starting eleven. Disappointed that Morison doesn’t seem to rate Ratcliffe who seems to be on his way out. I do like Bagan at centre back though if that is the plan. Have Doyle and Colwill been starters in the same game before? I assume they have, but I can’t think of when it was.
    Smithies is done for the season apparently.

Ratcliffe also with a knock, which is why Luthra was on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Played really well second half. Want to see more of this. Hopefully Morrison will scrap the 3 at the back going forward
    Agree. There is no way the 3 at the back should be going forward, that's madness.

This result and overall performance puts all the hysteria about last weeks game into perspective. No doubt all those people who were never going to a City game again will now be on the phone or online buying tickets for next week. I am particularly happy for Will
    Vaulks who has taken merciless stick on here for months and accused of being a donkey amongst other things but there is definitely a footballer in there and I hope he stays next season.
    How much should we pay him?

No complaints whatsoever from me today, even in the first half I liked what we were trying to do and we were very good after the interval. However, watching us play with that level of effort and intensity does rather beg the question, where was that last week? We played as if the big derby was this week and the meaningless, for us, end of season game was last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Smithies is done for the season apparently.

Ratcliffe also with a knock, which is why Luthra was on the bench.
    thought Phillips was decent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    :haha: I just thought it was an unfortunate typo so I said so
    I understood that. Well done for saying so.

I just thought it was a weird choice, considering the reaction it may get. Seems a bit of a weird thing to say, it was a typo a lot of them get pointed out but personally if someone else with a teenage daughter had made it and I'd seen it I'd probably just leave it where it was tbh.

Oh well we move on.

Not sure why he made me nervous trying to pay the ball out from the back.

First half we were the better side. We pressed well. Swift should have buried his chance. Second half Cardiff dominated without creating much. However there was a clear foul on Joao who was pulled all over the place prior to the ball being putting through for the equaliser. Thereafter there was only going to be one winner and it was a well worked goal.
    We got what we deserved for a pathetic second half where our midfield was nowhere to be seen. You knocked the ball around pretty well.

We have some very tough games coming up and with Swift now out injured it’s looking squeaky again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not sure why he made me nervous trying to pay the ball out from the back.
    He's not good with the ball at his feet.

He would be disappointed with the goal he conceded apart from that he was solid enough. What I like about him is he's not afraid to come off his line and try and dominate the box. He's also a bit quicker with his distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    First half we were the better side. We pressed well. Swift should have buried his chance. Second half Cardiff dominated without creating much. However there was a clear foul on Joao who was pulled all over the place prior to the ball being putting through for the equaliser. Thereafter there was only going to be one winner and it was a well worked goal.
    We got what we deserved for a pathetic second half where our midfield was nowhere to be seen. You knocked the ball around pretty well.

We have some very tough games coming up and with Swift now out injured it’s looking squeaky again.
    I thought how odd you have everything the opposite to how I seen it, then realised your a reading fan lol

I can’t see Barnsley or Derby catching you now.

I was shocked Paul Ince was in the dug out, I did know he was your manager but forgot. How’s he doing? Seems such a random appointment.

Hope you stay up

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hope you stay up
    Thanks Jeeps

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He's not good with the ball at his feet.
    I thought he did fine in that aspect of the game today, although I wasn't always paying full attention

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    looking at the highlights, I'm pretty sure doughty was onside for the first, he just started his run earlier than the defence.

the reading commentary team said it was miles offside

looking at the highlights, I'm pretty sure doughty was onside for the first, he just started his run earlier than the defence.

the reading commentary team said it was miles offside
    They were outraged for a good 10 minutes afterwards as well

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No complaints whatsoever from me today, even in the first half I liked what we were trying to do and we were very good after the interval. However, watching us play with that level of effort and intensity does rather beg the question, where was that last week? We played as if the big derby was this week and the meaningless, for us, end of season game was last week.
    Think we were outplayed by a far better footballing side , who are now out of thier own slump in form, if they could have found this form earlier they may have sneaked into play offs .

We were terrible in the first half and the boos at half time were entirely merited.

However, we were good in the second half and Reading were barely in the game.

We started the second half strongly and score two good goals - I really want to to the entire move leading up to Vaulk’s goal!

What WAS noticeable today was a complete change in style of play. Not once did Philips kick the ball long I don’t remember many if any long balls. It was evident that the players had been instructed to play out from the back in a manner that I can’t remember us doing before. And that is exactly how the second goal was scored - by moving Reading around through a long passage of possession.

Very pleasing to see.

Thanks Jeeps
    At the start of the season you looked so good what happened

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    At the start of the season you looked so good what happened
    Injuries and the points deduction didn’t help but in reality we have been poor all season.Very similar to 2017/18 when we only stayed up because three were three worse teams than us. We will probably stay up but it’s by no means certain. If we do survive it will be very fortunate. I have hated the season.

I have hated the season.
    Whereas I have many memories to cherish of the season.....