+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    wear a fekkin condom
    Or you'll end up with kids that love you?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wish I had children when I was younger! Nothing else really.

Left school at 16 in 1964 as soon as I could - hated it! 6 GCE's including Scripture and Art. BUT, times were prosperous and saw an advert in the local echo for Midland Bank...applied and spent twelve years there (passing all Part 1 and Part 2 of their exams).
    Married in 1970 then decided in 1976 that it wasn't what I wanted to do all my life (and in hindsight a good decision...). Went to Guildford College for an intensive three month course in Computer Programming, tough course - half dropped out. (so it's never too late to learn something new!)

Jobs came easily BUT we were more intent on building a good home - my wife also had a very good job, and somehow we never got around to it. I ended up as a Business Director for a Software company in London dealing with high profile clients - supermarkets, banks, Insurance companies.

Sadly she died very suddenly in 2011 after over 40 years marriage. Few years later I married a girl from Thailand and we are blessed with two wonderful sons aged 9 and 3! Keeps me young and it's good i/we have all the time to be with them, guide them, look after them. Although long retired I still design websites more for enjoyment than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    When the time is right ...yes..but i'm sure that you , just like me know someone that has a kid with someone that wasn't meant to be. The kid is shared between two homes, the parents are at each others throats for every single mistake they make...wear a fekkin condom until you are 100% sure they are the love of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    When the time is right ...yes..but i'm sure that you , just like me know someone that has a kid with someone that wasn't meant to be. The kid is shared between two homes, the parents are at each others throats for every single mistake they make...wear a fekkin condom until you are 100% sure they are the love of your life.
    And miss out on raising a lovely kid? Nah.