+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I copied this from somewhere, but it encapsulates what I try to focus on in recent years:
    "Mindfulness is about being focused on the present moment, not wrapped up in regrets, worries or frantic thoughts. When we practise mindfulness we can calm our mind and this allows us to see more clearly what brings us happiness and what causes us suffering.
    With this awareness, we can make positive choices in everyday life."

This zen attitude is virtually impossible to do when you are young, and if I were sixteen and heard this from an old fogey (like me now), I would have dismissed it out of hand, because an "I Me Mine" attitude is an important part of growing up and finding your own way.

Look into something like 10 zen, and you will find things in there that are seemingly impossible to do, but if you can focus on the present moment and let any negative thoughts pass by that is a good start.
    I really like this. It’s something that resonates. Best advice I’ve read anywhere today and timely tbh. Thanks 👍

Re: What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?

All I can say is, I had an issue and it began to dominate my thoughts in a negative way.

The hardest part for me was to let go of the negative thoughts of the past. I would say that for me, that was the hardest part of the process, but I had to do it. It was difficult, but once done the rest began to make sense.

I hope everything works out for you

EDIT... I meant to reply to Citizens Nephew